OUR MEMORIES

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VICTORIA drove Hyundai car that Mr.Buck gave to her as wedding gift to Eurwangni Beach Hotel. Although she refused to accept it at first, but he insisted her to have it, so it would be easy for her to go for work. Stepping out from the car before locked it, Victoria inhaled deeply the scent of sea and enjoyed the sound of waves hitting the shore. At this place, inside the room of this hotel, Victoria had spent her last day with Nichkhun at here. This beach reminded her about past, and she was into her own world until didn't realize that Changmin was standing next to her.

     “Qian, why are you still standing here?” he patted her shoulder, which his action dragged her back into reality.

     “Changmin, you surprising me! I..I just arrived here,” she stammered, and Changmin looked at her in bewilderment. Was he too much just now until her face turned pale? Glancing at the wrist watch, it was almost the time for meeting and they didn't want any delay even for second.

     “Let's go inside. I bet they have arrived and wait for us,” he said with eyes still checked her pale face, but Victoria tried to act as usual by forcing her lips to crack a smile. She didn't want her problem ruined everything, and it was good if they could finish it as fast as possible. Being at here only brought back the painful memories she had been shared with Nichkhun.

     Victoria followed him from behind as they headed to the hotel restaurant and saw the middle-aged couple were waiting for them. Changmin introduced her as his secretary to them, and she tried the best to adapt with the uncomfortable situation. She wasn't uncomfortable with that couple, but she disliked to be at this place as she was haunted by the painful memories here. Trying to smiling and joining their conversation, she suddenly distracted when sensing someone was watching over her right now.

     She could feel the sharp gaze of someone and checked around to confirm it. It didn't take much time for her to discover it and surprised after saw Nichkhun was sitting not far from her table. Oh my God, why he was here? Looking at the stranger person in front him, Victoria assumed that he had work to be done here. He shot her sharp gaze until her body trembled involuntarily and forced her to instantly ran her eyes from his face.

     'Oh God, please end this quickly,' she begged silently as she ignored Nichkhun's gaze on her. Why they must accidentally met at this place? Why must be here?! She continuously ignored him with hope everything would end up soon.

 

THE full moon that shone beautifully tonight slightly ease Victoria's feeling as she strolled along the beach with Changmin by her side. Actually she didn't have heart to do this, but Changmin insisted her to accompany him. The chill of night made she shivered a bit, and the coat that he offered her still couldn't keep herself warm. Both of them continued walking with unspoken words before Victoria stopped with eyes glued at dark sea.

     “Hurm, I like this scent. The scent of sea,” he broke the silence between them, but Victoria was far into her own world right now. In her eyes, she could see the image of Nichkhun happily played the water with her five years ago. She seemed travelled to past as the memories played again liked a movie, which it made her heart throbbed painfully right now.

     “It’s really nice to be here. This place reminds me our last vacation in Japan.I still remember the first time we met. It was so funny when you were tried to speak Japanese with me,” he said brightly. In these five years, both of them had shared many things together, and Changmin couldn't restrain himself from laughing every time he remembered about their first meeting.

     “Yeah, thanks a lot to you for helping me to adapt with new environment,” she replied faintly, for she actually tried to avoid from talking anything about past.

     “We were in same course but look at you now. I never expect that you will end up as my secretary. I still remember...,” before he able to speak more, Victoria interrupted to stop him.

     “Changmin, can we not talk about the past now?”

     “Why? What is wrong recalling our memories in Japan?” throwing her dumb look, Victoria only bit her lip as she didn't know how to answer him. Anyway, this wasn't the first time he noticed that Victoria would turn unhappy and sad every time he mentioned anything from past. Did she hate to talk about it?

    “I'm sorry, I want to go home. I'm not feeling well today,” massaging her temples lightly, Victoria walked passing Changmin, but her body instantly froze the moment she lifted up her face. Nichkhun was here! He was staring at both of them sharply, and Changmin turned around after realized that there was someone else there.

     “Khun..,” she stammered and swallowed hard the lump inn . Nichkhun glanced at the black coat that covered her shoulder with hidden jealousy, especially when Changmin walked closer to her. Changmin's eyes went smaller as he tried to recognize the man in front them.

     “Qian, who is he?” he asked with eyes still on Nichkhun. Unable to answer his question, Victoria kept shut and saw Nichkhun smirked at her. Nichkhun removed his coat as he approached them and surprised both Changmin and Victoria when he replaced the coat on her shoulder with his.

     “Didn't she mention anything about me to you?” his tone sounded surprise, but Victoria knew that he was only faking it. Changmin shook his head and reached for his coat in Nichkhun's extended hand.

     “I'm Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul. Nice to meet you,” he briefly introduced himself to Changmin and that name sounded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter