PAINFULNESS

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VICTORIA leaned her body against the chair after she failed to focus in doing her work. Since last night, she had been waiting for Nichkhun's return, but he didn't show up until she left for work this morning. Wanting to call him to ask for his location and condition, Victoria restrained herself as she felt that she hadn't the right to do so. A heavy sigh escaped from throat before her eyes dropped on the wound area on left calf that had been hiding well under long black skirt. The time almost reached 12 in noon, and Victoria took out her mobile phone from bag to call for someone.

     “Hello,” few seconds later, the call was answered by a woman, which made Victoria's lips involuntarily cracked a smile after listened to that voice.

     “Hello, Mom. How are you today?” she made the call to her mother, Auntie Mei whom had been living in Busan alone since she followed Changmin to Seoul two months ago. No matter how hard she tried to persuade Auntie Mei to come along to Seoul, Victoria gave up at last when she still insisted to stay there.

     “Mom, are you okay stay there alone without me? I still can't stop myself from worrying about you?” she then started again as she couldn't help herself from not worrying about Auntie Mei.

     “Qian, I'm not a kid any more. You are the one should take care of yourself very well,” her mother replied with chuckle before emphasized that she would be fine stayed alone in Busan. Listening to her mother voice, Victoria was burdened with guilty when she didn't inform Auntie Mei nor discussed with her about her decision to marry Nichkhun. Although she hid this matter from her right now, but sooner or later, she got to tell Auntie Mei about this.

     “Mom, I have something important to tell you,” Victoria said hesitantly as she was in dilemma, but then she decided to hold it first.

     “Erm, nothing. I’ll tell you when I visit you later. Take care,” a heavy sigh escaped from throat after she ended the phone conversation. Now she got another problem to be solved; informing Auntie Mei about her marriage with Nichkhun. While she was into her own world, Changmin walked out from his office and startled her when he suddenly placed something on her table.

     “Changmin, you are surprising me!” her body automatically straightened up in response, which her action amused him a lot, but he restrained himself from laughing.

     “Qian, I'm not paying you to have a day dream, okay,” he playfully. Victoria ashamed with herself after he caught her just now, but then that feeling instantly disappeared after she saw the thing inside his grip.

     “What is that?” her eyes narrowed to see it clearly before he placed it exactly in front her. Victoria gasped in awe after saw a beautiful music box that was certainly caught her attention, and her eyes blinked in surprise as she looked at Changmin who was smiling broadly at that moment.

    "Oh, the souvenir from Japan. I forget to pass it to you,” he whom just return from business trip in Japan yesterday, had bought her a souvenir, and this wasn't the first time he gave her something from his trip.

     “Wah, thanks a lot, Changmin. It is really beautiful,” while she examined her gift with big smile, Changmin accidentally saw the ring on her left finger and startling Victoria when he grabbed it to take a look.

     “Oh, Song Qian! Since when the ring have been here?” he asked in playful tone and realized her that she had forgotten to remove it before left the house. She couldn't simply told him that she had been married to Nichkhun when she certainly knew that Changmin wasn't going to accept it easily. He would insist her to tell the truth, especially about her painful past with her husband.

      “Oh, this ring meant nothing. I only wear it for fun,” pulling away her hand inside his grip, Victoria quickly removed out the ring and kept it safe inside the drawer. Changmin stared at her suspiciously, especially when she suddenly flustered after he noticed its present around her slender finger. Trying to stay calm, she distracted his attention by praising the beauty of his souvenir until he got into their previous conversations again.

     “Oh, it's lunch time now. Qian, let's grab a meal now. Today is on your treat, okay?” Changmin quickly grabbed her hands and pulled her to stand up from her seat, which his childish action and tone amused her. The person in front her right now sometime could be as charming and admirable as the prince, and sometime he could be as annoying and playful as a kid.

     “Alright, I got it. Let me tidy up all this mess first,” she finally gave in and quickly tidied her not really messy table. Victoria tried to stop him when he reached for her handbag, but he insisted to bring it for her, which he looked totally amused with ladies' bag inside his grip.

 

NICHKHUN slammed the car door madly, and his action obviously reflected his mood today. Last night that should be the most beautiful night for newly-wed couples, he had left his wife alone and slept at Min Jun's house. Nichkhun returned home after Victoria had gone to work, for he didn't know how to face her after he had caused an injury to her last night. All night long he couldn't sleep, tossing left and right because her crying haunted him all the time. Only after he convinced himself that she deserved that punishment and should be w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter