GOOD BYE MY LOVE

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IT had been a week after the surgery, and Auntie Mei's health was getting better. Victoria relieved that the surgery went well and her mother was safe, but it was not the end. Auntie Mei stared at her daughter face who was sitting beside her, noticing that she had lost some weights. Her eyes looked tired with dark circles under them, and she felt sorry for making Victoria worried about her. Anyway, there was something bothered Auntie Mei since she regained conscious after surgery, and this was the time to clear the things up.

     “Qian, where did you get the money to pay the hospital bill?” she asked curiously her daughter who was peeling an apple for her right now. Victoria's body instantly froze as she flustered by her question. How she supposed to answer her? How could she tell Auntie Mei that she asked for Mrs.Buck's help, and they need to leave Seoul in return? Victoria gently reached for her hand and squeezed it firmly with eyes on her face.

     “Mom, there is a kind-hearted woman who helped me to get the donation for your surgery. That is why I afford to pay the cost for surgery and hospital bills,” she lied with eyes ran to the apple inside her grip, for she afraid that Auntie Mei could detect that she was deceiving her, but she seemed believe at her story.

     “Oh, really. Then I should meet her to thank her after I discharge from hospital,” her statement made Victoria flustered as she couldn't let Auntie Mei knew that Mrs.Buck the one that gave her the money.

     “No, you can't meet her...no, I mean she had returned to her home town in China. So, she sent her regard to you and hope you will get better soon,” she stuttered in nervous, but not obviously showed that she was lying right now. Her heart skipped a beat when Auntie Mei stared at her with unspoken words, which made Victoria quickly changed the topic.

     “Mom, let's move to Japan,” Victoria tried to distract her as she didn't know how to answer if her mother asked her more about the virtual kind-hearted woman that she created just now. Auntie Mei surprised by her words. Why suddenly wanted to leave Korea?

     “Eh, Japan?”

     “Mom, I'm participating in students exchange program. My application is accepted, and I will go to Japan soon. So I wish you can follow me to there. Don't worry, Mom, they also provide the accommodation for us,” her hands between thighs intertwined in nervous as she explained to Auntie Mei.

     “Really? Never mind, I can still stay in our house if...,”Auntie Mei couldn't finish her words when Victoria quickly cut her.

     “No, Mom! We don't have any house, no longer. Someone had bought our rented house, so let's go to Japan with me. We need to move out by the end of month,” her voice trembled when she informed her mother about their house, which made Auntie Mei surprised after heard it,

    “What, someone bought that house? Why you didn't tell me about this earlier?” she asked in surprised tone.

     “Because I..” Victoria couldn't continue her words when her phone suddenly rang, and she looked the caller's name on the screen.

     “Mom, we talk about this later. I have something important to do right now,” Auntie Mei didn't have chance to say a word when Victoria hastily left the room and went to somewhere later.

 

THE tension atmosphere started to build up as Victoria stood in front Mrs.Buck who was sitting on the bench outside hospital building. Mr.Lee was waiting for her not far from their place, and Victoria absolutely knew the reason of her presence today. Mrs.Buck was here to remind Victoria about the agreement they had made before Auntie Mei's surgery.

     “I had helped you and I hope you don't forget about your promise,” her lips curled a smirk as her eyes gazed annoyingly the poor girl in front her. It was such a piece of cake to eliminate Victoria from Nichkhun's side after she found Auntie Mei's illness that she hid from everyone. This information that had been obtained after she hired few people to watch over Victoria had become the main weapon to eliminate her in this game. Everything in this world could be done and obtained easily if she had money and power.

     “Don't worry, I'll leave this place after my mother recover from her surgery,”

     “That's good. I'll wait till the day come, and I hope you don't take a much time to disappear from our lives,” her fingers formed a fist when she said so. Nichkhun must not know that his grandmother had this evil side since he always praised her as loving, caring, and kind-hearted grandmother every time they talked about her. Giving her disgusting look, Mrs.Buck then left that place with Mr.Lee. Soon after she disappeared from there, Victoria plopped down onto bench with tears streamed out from her wet eyes. Auntie Mei's problem had been solved, and now she needed to keep her promise. Nichkhun, she needed to break up with him, and her heart throbbed in pain just thinking about it. Victoria really didn't know what she should do now.

 

RESTING under shady tree, Victoria combed lightly Nichkhun's hair as he placed his head on her lap. Before she met him, she told herself to smile and not cry because today was her last day with him. Auntie Mei had agreed to move to Japan with her, and they would fly to there tomorrow with Mr.Lee. She lied to her mother about Nichkhun didn't stop her, but he even encouraged her to go to Japan. Victoria lowered her head and landed a kiss on his forehead. Today, she wanted to create the most memorable memories with this guy, and Nichkhun squeezed her hand before brought it closed to his lips.

     “What should we do for today?” he asked her as their gazes met, which made Victoria wanted to cry when she saw his happy. Nichkhun didn't know that she would disappeared from his life tomorrow.

     “How about we spend our whole day at the beach?” the excitement in her voice was only a fake.

     “Eh,today?” Victoria nodded her head and looked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter