I GAVE UP OUR LOVES

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VICTORIA was riding her bicycle to her home, the rooftop house that they rented because couldn't afford to buy their own house. She didn't notice someone was approaching her as she parked the bicycle in front of the building she lived. The middle-aged man stood beside her with a smile on his face and slightly startled her when that man reproved her politely. Victoria threw him dumb look as she had no idea who was him.

     “Hello, Miss Song Qian,” she took few steps backward when he called her name. How did he know her? Victoria afraid if that old man might have bad intention toward her.

     “Who are you?” she stuttered anxiously, and he chuckled after noticed that she seemed afraid with him.

     “Don't worry, Miss Qian. I'm here because someone wants to meet with you,” he said as his finger pointed at the luxurious black Mercedes that stopped not far from them.

     “Someone?” her eyes followed his direction. Victoria gasped in surprise when the car window slid down slowly and revealed the person inside it. Because she was someone that her lover respected the most, Victoria greeted that person by slightly bowed her head toward her. She was Mrs.Buck, the grandmother of Nichkhun, and she pursed her lips in annoyance when her eyes landed on Victoria's faking innocent face.

     “Let's get into the car. Mrs.Buck has something important to discuss with you,” Victoria had no choice other than agreed with that man. Biting her lips to calm the nervousness, she made the way to car. This wasn't the first time she met Mrs.Buck, for she had visited Nichkhun's house several times, but she still couldn't help from not feel nervous when met this serious old woman. Mr.Lee opened the door for her next to Mrs.Buck, and Victoria greeted her once again before she got into it. As usual, she wouldn't get any good response from Mrs.Buck.

     “Excuse me, where are we going?” Victoria asked Mr.Lee politely soon the car left the house's building.

     “Don't worry Miss. We will go to the nice place,” Victoria nodded her head and sneakily glanced at Mrs.Buck who was sitting silently beside her. Although she was old, but she knew how to dress up and showed the appearance of sophisticated gentry and the successful career woman. Victoria awkwardly sat in her place and spoke nothing along the way to their unknown destination.

 

HER eyes widened as the waiter continued placing many expensive Japanese dishes on table. They were now in Japanese dining room for private talk, and Victoria didn't know how much money they spent just to eat the foods in front her right now. Nichkhun had brought her to this kind of place once, but honestly she disliked to have any date in expensive places. So they usually had simple date and the most memorable date was 'street date'. That was the first time Nichkhun tried many foods that he hadn't tasted before. The atmosphere became awkward again when only two of them left inside the room.

     “Er, GrandMa..”

     “Call me Mrs.Buck,” Victoria was taken aback by her words, but she immediately maintained her calm face. She wasn't expected any good treatment from her as she could sense that Mrs.Buck never liked her since the beginning.

     “I'm sorry but what we are doing here actually? You said that you have something important to discuss with me. What is it?” she continued her words with eyes on Mrs.Buck who was eating her food. She then placed the chopsticks on the table and looked at Victoria with serious face.

     “Since we are here, I want to make this clear with you. Break up with Khun,” she said firmly, which made Victoria's eyes widened in surprise. Breaking up with Nichkhun? Is this the reason why Mrs.Buck wanted to have a private talk with her?

     “But..why suddenly..”

     “Don't misunderstand. I never approve your relationship even though I have given my bless to Khun. It was all lies. I don't know what he sees in you who has nothing to give him. So I think asking you to break with him is the best way because at least you realize that you have no qualification be a part of our family,” listening to her words, Victoria felt want to cry, but she tried to hold it as best as she could. All this time, Mrs.Buck only pretended to approve their relationship in front Nichkhun, but she didn't actually.

     “Don't worry, you will get the reward if you break with Khun. Just say how much money do you want, I'll transfer to your account,” she added, which made Victoria snorted in disbelief. To Mrs.Buck, the poor people like Victoria had nothing else in her mind except money, and that was the reason she approached her precious grandson. If Mrs.Buck was in same age as her, Victoria absolutely would teach her how to respect other people liked she did to Nichkhun when they met for first time. Because she was an elderly, Victoria told herself to be patience, and she wouldn't never forgot the manner that Auntie Mei had taught her since she was kid.

     “I'm sorry to say this but I'm with Khun not because of money, but because I sincerely love him. We really love each other,” her voice was trembling as she tried to express her true feeling, but Mrs.Buck only laughed at her sincere confession.

     “Love? There is nothing important than money and power in this world, and you think your innocent love can guarantee he will has a successful future as the heir of our company?” she said sarcastically. There was no such thing liked love would conquer everything. Only fool people would believe such nonsense thing.

     “Whatever you say, I'm sorry I can't break up with Khun. I need to leave first and thank you for the foods today,” she still expressed her gratitude even though she didn't even have a bite .

     “I heard your mother need to undergo heart surgery,” Mrs.Buck stated when she was about to leave the room. Victoria was taken aback by her words because none of people around her knew about this including Nichkhun. Mrs.Buck smirked saw her frozen body and no need to know how she got those informations. She needed large amount of money that even Nichkhun couldn't help her, and she knew this would be a weapon to make Victoria disappeared from their world. Anyway, neither Nichkhun nor Mr.Buck could lend Victoria any cent without her permission.

     “I can save your mother if you agree to leave him,” she pressed her voice, trying to tempt her to accept her offer. Victoria clenched her first when Mrs.Buck seemed toying her mother's life with money, and yes, she admitted that a large of money was needed to perform that surgery. Auntie Mei who had been diagnosed having heart disease year ago needed to undergo surgery, for her illness became worsen lately.

     Without any doubt, Victoria immediately left that place, for she afraid that she might loss control and shouted at her face. Mrs.Buck smirked when she arrogantly rejected her offer, and Victoria was so naïve. The poor girl liked her didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter