I REMEMBERED EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VICTORIA glanced at watch on the table and started to arrange the files as it was almost lunch hour. From her place, she could see Changmin was too focused in doing his job, and he would certainly skipped his lunch if she didn't remind him. When she was about to press intercom button, the familiar figure that she could see from the corner of her eyes made Victoria speechless as she didn't expect that person to pay her a visit.

     “Mom, what are you doing here?” she was quite surprised to saw Mrs.Vera here, and she responded by smiling at Victoria.

     “I come to have lunch with my daughter-in-law,” Mrs.Vera replied which her words slightly flustered her. Checking the surrounding before her sight glued at Changmin, she sighed in relief that no one was around at that moment.

     “Mom, have you forgotten that no one here know about my marriage including Changmin? I told him that you and Dad are someone I know from the past,” Victoria explained in low volume, for she afraid someone might hear them. No wonder she looked fluster, for Mrs.Vera had made small mistake just. Then her gaze drifted onto her empty finger, which made Victoria slowly hid her hand behind her.

 

MRS.Vera sipped her coffee as she watched Victoria who likely to stay quite in front her. They were in nearby restaurant to have lunch, and sigh escaped from when Victoria reached the ring inside her bag before she put it back on her finger.

     “I'm sorry, Mom. I have no right to let everyone know about this marriage. Khun won't like it,” she said faintly with dropping head. Because of that, she didn't even dare to tell Auntie Mei about it.

     “Including your mother?” the silent from her was enough for Mrs.Vera to know the answer, and she sighed again with hand reached for hers.

     “Qian, it is not your fault. I'm the one who beg you to have this marriage, so don't feel sorry,” Mrs.Vera squeezed it firmly, giving Victoria the strength to face this problem. This marriage was so sudden, and of course it was difficult to inform her mother about this. Few seconds stiffened with unspoken words, Mrs.Vera finally found the solution for this problem.

    “Qian, how about I meet your mother and explain everything to her? Anyway, I haven't pay her any visit back then,” she suggested and that made Victoria instantly lifted up her head in surprise.

     “No, you can't meet her!” Victoria objected it, for that wasn't totally a good idea. Watching her fluster reaction just now, Mrs.Vera looked at her suspiciously. Why Victoria didn't want her to meet her mother?

     “I mean I will explain everything by myself. I just need a time to do so,” she quickly explained to her mother-in-law, which Mrs.Vera finally accepted her decision. If she needed the time, then Mrs.Vera would wait for it. Victoria smiled in relief before Mrs.Vera changed the topic.

     “Qian, can I ask you a question? I hope it won't bother you,” although she hadn't asked yet, Victoria's heart beat in nervous when she seemed could predict Mrs.Vera's question through her serious face, but she still nodded as response.

     “Where were you exactly five years ago?” Victoria didn't surprise by her question, but she neither could answer it easily. To her, she preferred to stay quiet, but the people around her eager to know about the past. Gripping the ear of cup tightly, she looked at Mrs.Vera's face calmly.

     “I was in Japan with my mother,” she replied shortly.

     “Did you go there...by using the money you asked from late GrandMa?” Mrs.Vera questioned her again, and this time Victoria couldn't look at her as she felt ashamed with herself. Mrs.Vera should know the answer even if Victoria didn't tell her.

     “May I know the reason of it?”

     “I prefer not to talk about it,” Victoria replied in low tone, and it made Mrs.Vera couldn't understand why she refused to talk about it. Was she hiding something from all of them?

     “Qian, I don't why you are avoiding to tell us about it, and don't you think Khun deserves to know your reason? He has been suffere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter