SECRETS

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AFTER the incident that almost took her life at the swimming pool and touching confession from her husband, Victoria couldn't deny that Nichkhun treated her better than before. Neither phone calls nor having the peace time together previously, but now it gradually changed as Nichkhun became more gentle and protective toward her although he was a bit cold and cautious sometimes. Victoria didn't blame him for not trusting her because the painful past and scars in his heart changed him into this way.

     About Yuri, Nichkhun cut their friendships although she totally disagreed with his hasty decision. At that night, Yuri left the villa in anger and frustration, and Victoria felt sorry to Wooyoung for ruining his birthday party. At the same time, that accident made she realized that there was still some space for her in Nichkhun's heart although she didn't know whether he still loved her or not. Victoria was so into her own world as she sat alone in living room and didn't realize that Mrs.Vera watched over her from one corner.

    Lately, she could notice the changes in their relationships which to Mrs.Vera, it was absolutely a good progression. Sometime she saw Nichkhun made phone calls to Victoria and informed her about his schedule. Previously, Nichkhun indirectly used Mrs.Vera as a third person but now, everything would be informed directly to his wife. Victoria snapped out from her trance when Mrs.Vera sat next to her, making she blushed in shame when her mother-in-law caught her having a day dream.

     “What are you thinking about? You look happy lately,” her question made Victoria's smile turned wide, and she was obviously happy right now. The accident that she faced in the villa was kept as secret as she requested Nichkhun to do so, for she didn't want this case became serious if they knew about it.

     “Nothing, Mom. I just feel happy,” she replied shortly as she squeezed Mrs.Vera's hands. Victoria felt relieve because Nichkhun had opened his heart slowly after they got married for two months. It didn't take much time as she thought but to heal his wound, it completely wasn't an easy task because Nichkhun still needed a time to trust her again.

     “Qian, have you told your mother about your marriage?” Victoria shook her head, but she planned to tell her mother about it when she visited her later.

     “Mom, don't worry. I plan tell her when I visit her in Busan,”

     “That is good. I hope you can take care this matter as soon as possible because your Dad and I had decided to announce your marriage to public,” Victoria was taken aback by her statement. Tell the public that Nichkhun Horvejkul, the heir of Horvejkul Company, had officially married to Victoria Song Qian, the worker of Shim Company? Auntie Mei might get heart attack if she knew this news from the media, that her daughter married with her ex-boyfriend without discussing with her first.

     “What? Announcing our marriage?” she stammered in surprise.

     “Yes, that's what we have planned. The public should recognize you as Khun's wife. We also feel bothered if you continue hiding your marriage because many of your Dad's friends want to introduce their daughters to Khun. It is really sad when we can't say that Khun already have a beautiful wife,” Mrs.Vera sighed heavily. It would be so exciting if she could show off Victoria to her friends, but she didn't know when she able to do so.

     “But Mom...does Khun know about this?” she asked in curious, for she doubted if Nichkhun had agreed with Mrs.Vera's plan or it was the decision made from one party only. Her prediction that Nichkhun had no idea at all about this was right when Mrs.Vera shook her head with big grin on her face.

     “Mom, this won't work. You can't do that without Khun's permission. He absolutely will get angry if he find out about this,” Victoria sighed heavily with eyes still on her face.

     “There is not necessary for him to know. Keep this matter as a secret because we actually want to surprise him. So you also should explain this to your mother quickly,” Mrs.Vera persuaded her to join her plan, which made Victoria couldn't say anything about it.

     “Ok, Mom. I will try the best to explain to my mother,” she replied faintly, and Mrs.Vera couldn't hide her happiness and hugged her-daughter-in-law tightly until she almost couldn't breath.

 

NICHKHUN headed to his car in parking area as he was going to meet Mr.Buck and his guest later. Then someone suddenly appeared from nowhere and blocked his way, making Nichkhun slightly jumped in surprise before his face turned serious few seconds later. It was Yuri who blocked him right now. He glanced at her pale face annoyingly, and she blocked him again when he tried to walk away.

    “What are you doing here? Didn't I say we have done?” he said in controllable voice, trying to control the anger that seemed to burst out in any time soon. Because her stupid action on that night, Victoria almost leave him once again.

     “Khun, don't be like this. I know I was wrong. Please forgive me,” she grabbed his hand and pleaded with pitiful face, but Nichkhun pulled his hand harshly from her grip. Her faking sad face failed to gain any sympathy from him and annoyed him even more.

     “You better go now, Yuri. I don't want to see you after this. It is lucky enough for you that I keep this matter from your parents as Qian request for,” Nichkhun hissed, which his statement made Yuri hated that even more.

     “What is so good about her, Khun?! She is only greedy poor woman that is after your money! Tell me, what make you so into her?! What does she has that I don't, Khun?! Why you can't love me?!” Yuri yelled madly with tears of anger rolled down on her cheeks. She always wondered what Victoria had until Nichkhun couldn't look at any other girl except Victoria!

     “At least she is much better than you who have rotten heart, Yuri!” he immediately got into the car as he didn't want to extend their stupid argument about his wife. Yuri absolutely couldn't accept that Nichkhun decided to throw her away because of that , absolutely not!

     Meanwhile, inside the car, Nichkhun inhaled deeply to settle down the anger inside him. Before Victoria returned to his side, he always insulted and cursed her but now, he couldn't bear if someone else cursed her such way. The accident in villa last time made he realized that Victoria somehow was still important in his life although he hadn't forgiven her yet. He wasn't ready to forgive her, not now.

 

“OH, you already know about their marriage,” Mr.Buck surprised when Changmin mentioned about his son's marriage. Although Victoria was his friend, but Mrs.Vera told that none of people in Shim Company knew about her recent status, including her own mother.

     “Actually, I accidentally met Nichkhun last time, and he introduced himself as Qian's husband. I was speechless at that time, for Qian never told me about it, Uncle,” he explained briefly, which made Mr.Buck gasped in disbelief and amuse at the same time. Nichkhun told about their marriage to Changmin? It must be a jealousy the reason why he acted such way because Nichkhun was a type of man that easily to get jealous with any man around Victoria.

     “But I feel really curious why Qian never mention about your family even once. She will try to avoid from talking about past. Uncle, what exactly happen between her and Nichkhun? She told me that they were apart for five years due some reasons. What is that, Uncle?” he asked curiously, but Mr.Buck only smile bitterly as response.

     “Changmin, I have no right to tell about this to you. It is better if you ask them yourself,” his answer made Changmin sighed in disappointment. Who else could he ask about it? Neither Mr.Buck nor Victoria wanted to tell him the real story. Then suddenly he saw Nichkhun entered the restaurant with eyes wandered around, as if he was looking for somebody. Did Mr.Buck call him to come here? Nichkhun's lips twirled into small smile when he finally caught his father's figure but it died after saw Changmin was also there. His eyes told Nichkhun that he also surprised with his presence here, but he couldn't leave also when Mr.Buck finally notice him.

     “Oh, you're here, Son!” Nichkhun forced to smile as he extended his hand to Changmin for hand shake. It was just an etiquette that Nichkhun showed, and Changmin politely reached for it.

     “Khun, I guess that you must know this guy, right?” Mr.Buck said when Nichkhun sat beside him.

     “Not really, Dad. I only met him once previously,” he replied with eyes glued at Changmin's good looking face.

     “I'm sorry for didn't introduce myself on that day. My name is Shim Changmin, just call me Changmin,” he said in friendly tone. In just a glimpse, Changmin admitted that Nichkhun was good looking and from what he heard from his father, Nichkhun was an unapproachable guy among women. That made him more curious on how Victoria managed to steal this person's heart. Changmin also couldn't deny that his secretary had mysterious charm that could attract people' attentions, and most of his clients fell for her beauty and personality.

     “Changmin, I heard you were in same course as Qian when you guys in Japan,” Mr.Buck indirectly tried to dig Victoria's story in Japan, and Nichkhun surprised when his wife's name hit his eardrum.

     “Yes, I met her five years ago, and we became a good friend since then. It was very hard for her when she attended the first class because of language barrier, but she struggled to adapt in new environment. She is very good person,” his generous yet meaningful compliment made Mr.Buck smiled and slightly glanced at Nichkhun who silent in his seat. Nichkhun bit his lips as he didn't know that this man had been friend with his wife for years, and Mr.Buck's ringing phone disturbed the conversation few minutes later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter