YOU APPEARED IN MY LIFE

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“OKAY, you have lunch with Mr. Chris from Taesung Company, then you have meeting with board of directors at 2 p.m. Ah, don’t forget you have dinner with your parents in Seoul Hotel tonight,” with a small notepad in hand, Victoria explained the schedule to Changmin. He sighed heavily after heard and put his chin on the table, his fingers spun the pen between index finger and middle finger.

     “Hurm, schedule packed again,” his pouted face made she chuckled in amuse and closing the notepad, she quickly added before Changmin could say something.

     “Ah, you can’t cancel any of these meetings,” Changmin's mouth parted when she seemed know that he was about to ask her to rearrange his schedule, and how could he forgot that she had become his secretary for three years.

     “Miss Victoria Song Qian, how can you read my mind so easily?” he asked in playful tone with eyes glued at her beautiful face.

     “Mr.Shim Changmin, please don't forget that I've known you for five years,” her statement made his smile turned wider, and he hit his forehead in embarrassment. They had been known each other in Japan since five years ago, but he still couldn't understand her as much as she understood about him.

      “Alright, I got it. You may dismiss now,” he straightened his body before leaned against the chair. Victoria pushed a cup of hot coffee that she made just now toward him before left the room.

     Victoria pushed a cup of coffee in front him before she left his room. After she returned to her place and continued her job, suddenly the two figures appeared in front her while she was busy checking Changmin's schedule for tomorrow.

     “Miss Victoria,”

     “Yes, may I..,” Victoria lost her words when she lifted up her face as she surprised saw two persons that she hadn't seen for five years were in front here right now. They were a part of her past that she never could erase it from her mind.

     “Auntie...Uncle...,” she stuttered as tears already formed in her eyes and nothing more escaped from when her slim body was inside Mrs.Vera's embrace. Then the small sobbing from that old woman hit her eardrum, and her sight slowly shifted to Mr.Buck whom looked at her at that moment.

     “Glad to see you again, Qian,” he smiled at her, which made Victoria believed that she wasn't dreaming. Although they were the person that she tried to avoid to meet with, but seeing them once again after five years made her felt really grateful. She was too immerse in that scene until didn't realize Changmin had walked out from his room.

     “Qian, I...,” Changmin lost words watched that scene, especially when Victoria tried to soothe the old woman that cried inside her embrace. Then his eyes landed on old man next to them, which made his forehead creased as he tried to remember that person. Changmin had encountered with him before this.

     “Mr.Horjevkul, is that you?” he asked as he approached him with slow steps.

     “Yes, Changmin. Glad you still remember about me,”

     “Oh my God! Uncle Buck, it is really you,” he said excitedly and quickly hugged him, as they hadn't seen each other for seven years since he pursued the study in Japan.

     “Do you guys know each other?” Victoria looked at them dumbly after she broke the hug, causing Changmin's smile turned wider when she asked so.

     “Of course I know him, Qian. He is one of my father’s friends,” the answer from him made her lips parted in surprise, for she didn't know at all that Shim and Horvejkul knew each other.

     “Anyway, what are you guys doing here?” he asked in curious, especially when Mrs.Vera was also here. Mr.Buck cleared his throat as he glanced at Victoria who already dropped her face. “Changmin, can I take your secretary for a while? I have something important to discuss with her,” Changmin surprised when he said so, for he didn't know what kind of relationship Victoria had with Horvejkul Family. Looking at their faces back and forth, he finally allowed Victoria to go with them.

     “Yes, sure. Take your time, Uncle,” he said with eyes still on her face. Although five years knew each other, Changmin realized that there were many things about her that he didn't know yet, especially about her past since she disliked to talk about it.


 

VICTORIA sipped the her coffee in front them as they went to nearby restaurant to have a talk. After inhaled deeply to regain her strength, she lifted up her head to look at Mr.Buck and Mrs.Vera as well. Five years had passed, but they hadn't changed at all; still good looking and beautiful as ever.

     “I'm sorry about GrandMa. I knew about it through newspaper,” Victoria broke the silence between them before dropped again her face. She felt sorry about her death year ago, and Mr.Buck took over his late mother post since then.

     “If you feel sorry about it, why you didn't show up during her funeral?” Mr.Buck's question made Victoria lost her words to answer it, which her silence made both Mr.Buck and Mrs.Vera sighed heavily.

     “I'm sorry, Uncle. I couldn't go there,” she replied shortly as she had no intention at all to tell them the reason behind it. Mrs.Vera looked at her with bitter smile and squeezed her soft hand firmly, sending Victoria the courage to lift up her face when she did so.

     “How had you been, Qian? Did you live well?” tears brimmed in her eyes when Mrs.Vera asked in concern tone, and made Victoria embarrassed with herself. How could they still treated her nicely after what she had done to Nichkhun? She nodded without looked at them and bit her lips to suppress the tears from coming out.

     “Qian, actually we are here to discuss something with you. It is about the person you left five years ago, our only son, Nichkhun,” as she predicted that their presence had something to do with Nichkhun, Victoria inhaled deeply to when they finally mentioned his name. Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, the mean guy she met seven years ago, the guy that possessed a beautiful heart actually, how had he been in these five years?

     “Khun...how has he been, Auntie?” she asked with trembling voice, and Mr.Buck still believed that she still concerned about his son, especially when he saw the tears that rolled down on her porcelain skin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter