IT'S TIME FOR ME TO SAY GOODBYE

ONE MORE CHANCE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

IN a blink of eyes, a week had passed, but Victoria was still laid on hospital bed and remained unconscious. Everything went well although there were some complications occurred during the surgery, but why she not woke up until now? Why she chose to stay in her dream rather than woke up and saw how faith he was waiting for her return? Nichkhun held firmly her cold hand and landed a kiss on it. He had been by her side all the time, and Auntie Mei wiped away the tears on her cheek as she watched spiritless Nichkhun brushed gently Victoria's cheek.

     “Khun, I will bring you the foods and new clothes later,” she said as she planned to return to Horvejkul House after this. After she received the news about that accident where Victoria had been shot when she tried to save Nichkhun, Auntie Mei rushed to Seoul. Nichkhun said nothing, only nodded with his eyes still glued at Victoria's face. Squeezing lightly his shoulder, Auntie Mei looked at her daughter as she prayed that Victoria would wake up soon. Gazing long at his wife, a stream of tears finally damped his cheeks when she remained stiff on the bed.

     Whose he should blame for what had happened? Yuri? Nichkhun felt regret because Yuri died too soon after she had been shot by police. He actually wanted Yuri be punished, suffered in prison, and begged for their forgiveness, but died was the easiest way for her to run from taking the responsibility for what she had done to them. Even during her funeral, Nichkhun felt disgust to attend it and cursed her spirit madly although her family had begged for the forgiveness on her behalf.

     Squeezing firmly Victoria's hand, Nichkhun started to cry as he asked her to wake up. There were a lot of things he hadn't done for her, there were a lot of dreams he wanted to have with her, but all those were nothing if Victoria decided to sleep for long time. Was she going to left him just liked that? After they had been through so much pain to be together again, was she going to let him walked alone again throughout his life? At this moment, only tears showed how much he needed her in his life.

     “Honey, wake up please. How long you want to sleep and let me stay alone here?” sobbing in despair, he then leaned forward to plant a kiss on her forehead. The steams on oxygen mask as well the waves on ECG machine showed Nichkhun that Victoria still alive, but beside him was just a stiff body without soul.

     “I miss you, Honey. Please don't make me wait again for you,” watching her pale pace, Nichkhun missed to hear her voice, her laugh, her smile, her kiss, and everything about her. He brought again her hand to his lips before placed his head on bedside. He was tired after a week not having a rest and good sleep. Gradually, his world turned dark as he felt asleep next to his wife with hand still gripped hers tightly.

 

WATCHING he cried next to her body made Victoria's heart was so damn ache; especially when he pleaded her to wake up soon. Tears that streamed out from his eyes left her in guilty, for he cried again because of her. Victoria approached her husband before looked at her stiff body laid on bed. Day and night, Nichkhun was faithfully stayed her side without concerning about his own health. His current state saddened her a lot; spiritless, and he had lost some weight. Why he need to suffer again because of her? Victoria wiped away the tears on his cheek.

     “Don't cry, my dear. It only makes me hurt more,” she whispered with eyes gazed on his pale face, but it was useless. Nichkhun couldn't see, touch, nor hear her voice at all. She did touch him, caressing him, but he felt none of it. Why she felt that today was the last chance she had to spend time with him?

     “Honey, please don't cry. I'm not strong enough to see you suffering again because of me,” finally, the tears that she tried to suppress just now damped her porcelain cheeks. As she stood behind him, Victoria leaned downward to hug him.

     “I love you. I love you so much,” she whispered in his ear.

     “If we are not mean to be together in this life, I promise you..I promise you that I will still love you in our next lives,” sobbing in which Nichkhun couldn't hear her, Victoria tightened the embrace with hope he could feel her warmth on his body.

     “And I hope that we don't need to go through the same pain in next life,” loosening the hug, she then stared at his sleeping face before she leaned downward and planted a kiss on his cheek.

     “I love you so much, Khun,” as she crying while kissing him, a drop of tears dropped on his cold cheek, which it made Nichkhun gradually opened his eyes. He felt a dropped of warm liquid on cheek, and he wiped it away before looked up on the ceiling. Where was this drop of water came from? When he unable to find the answer, his sight fell on Victoria's sleeping face.

     Just now, when he was sleeping, Victoria appeared in his dream. She was waiting for him under the shady tree but when he almost get her, she quickly stepped backwards as much as he stepped toward her. Nichkhun tried to ask her not to leave, but his voice wouldn't come out. He didn't want her to leave him again, and she disappeared as soon he felt the warm liquid on his cheek. Nichkhun tried to ease his anxiety by telling himself that it was just a dream, and nothing bad would happen to Victoria.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter