An Accidental Meeting

Secret Agents DBSK [Hiatus]

It was a bright and beautiful Monday morning. Hyerin was sitting just opposite the pedestrian crossing and sipping her coffee at her favourite coffee shop. Just then, her phone rung. It was Yoohee.

 

“Hyerin-ah,where are you? You left so early this morning.” she asked through the phone.

 

“I'm at A'La Cafe. My usual spot.” Hyerin answered taking another sip of her coffee.

 

“Oh ok. So, we don't have to make breakfast for you. Right?”she asked with a spatula on her right hand.

 

“Yeah, don't worry. I already had breakfast.” she chuckled.

 

“Be careful. Bye.” Yoohee hung up and continued making breakfast for the others.

 

Hyerin closed her phone shut and gazed idly at the school children crossing the road. They wore cheerful faces as they obviously liked the idea of going to school. Some were accompanied by adults while others were alone.

 

A little boy caught Hyerin's attention. He was soo cute and energetic but he was alone. As she watched, he waited for the lights to change and as soon as it did, he dashed across the road. Just then a car was coming from the right.

 

The driver applied his breaks, there was a screech, Hyerin looked up and saw the driver of the car, he was on his phone. She heard a scream from the school boy and dashed down to see what she could do.

 

The driver of the car got out and was immediately surrounded by a few men. They had murderous intentions in their eyes. There was some pushing and shoving. Hyerin could hardly see his face as he was wearing a big sunglasses and he had a scarf wrapped around him covering half of his face.

 

She ran to the boy who was sitting in daze. “Are you okay little boy? Did it hit you hard? Where does it hurt?” Hyerin asked in concern.

 

The boy was still in shock. He didn't answer instead he just pointed to his right leg. Hyerin carefully lifted up his leg and examined him.

 

“How is he?” an old man asked her as the crowd was getting bigger.

 

“He was not badly injured, just a leg wound. I suspect a fracture.” Hyerin answered him. She assured the crowd that the boy is going to be fine.

 

“Can somebody call an ambulance?” the old man cried out.

 

Then the driver of the car used his phone to call the ambulance. After his call, someone snatched his phone from his hand and smashed it on the ground. It shattered into bits and pieces. It was lucky for the driver that one of the elders intervened and talked the crowd into leaving him alone, since the boy was not badly hurt.

 

Hyerin glanced at the driver's car. It was a black and shiny BMW 335i. *He must be rich* she thought.

 

With expected efficiency, the ambulance arrived in less than 10 minutes. She helped the boy into the ambulance. The ambulance sped away to the nearest hospital. The man who drove the car which caused the accident was questioned by the police.

 

An officer walked over to Hyerin. “Excuse me miss, are you one of the witness?” he politely asked with a smile.

 

“Yes, I am.” she answered and bowed.

 

“Can you come with us to the police station? We have a few things to ask about the accident just now.” he inquired.

 

“Oh, yes of course.” she answered nervously.