Harsh Reality Much?

Secret Agents DBSK [Hiatus]

“Ahh!”

“Gotcha!” Yunho caught Yoohee bridal style before she lands on the floor.

Yoohee groaned in pain as she fell right in his strong arms. 

“You okay?” Yunho asked worriedly.

She woke up from her thoughts and looked up at him. She found out that her face was only a few inches away from his. Their gazes were locked as they both stared at each other, not moving an inch for some time. They were too busy staring at each other’s eyes to notice the room door opening.

“Omo!”

Both Yunho and Yoohee were jolted back to reality and turned to the sound of the voice. Their friends were standing at the door with all different expressions on their faces. Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu smirked at their leader while the rest of the girls mouths were hanging wide open. Hyejin raised an eyebrow, confusion clearly written on her face. Changmin’s lollipop fell on the ground from his wide opened mouth, shocked to see the sight before them.

“Is this a bad timing?” Rachel asked.

“Are we interrupting something?” Yoochun smirked, trying to suppress his laughter.

Yunho and Yoohee both looked at each other and found out the position they’re in. Yunho looked away from her shyly as Yoohee flushed pink again that day.

“Uhm, no. Come in.” Yunho said as he put Yoohee on the bed.

“What are you guys doing here?” he asked, trying to change the topic.

“She’s our friend. We’re here to take care of her.” Hyerin stated matter-of-factly as they walked inside.

“And what are you guys doing here?” he asked s.

“You’re our friend. We’re here to accompany you.” Yoochun rhymed.

“Besides, we have a schedule tonight hyung.” Changmin added while picking up his lollipop from the floor. He went over to the sink and washed it slightly before putting it back in his mouth.

“And we gotta go now.” Jaejoong continued.

“Get well soon Yoohee-shhi.” Junsu wished her as he waved goodbye. Yoohee mumbled a simple thank you with a small smile, her face still slightly pink.

“I think she hurt her foot.” Yunho reminded her friends as Rachel nodded and went out to get the doctor.

“I look forward to working with you.”  He bowed to Yoohee before he was pulled out of the door by s.

“I can’t.” Yoohee muttered sadly almost inaudible as soon as the door closed.

“Work with you? What does that mean?” Ye Eun asked.

“You can’t what unnie?” Hyejin inquired.

“What are you doing just now?” Hyerin asked curiously.

Questions kept flooding onto her as she rubbed her temples weakly. Everything that happened was just too unbelievable and weakening her. Not only she was hurt physically, her emotions were not feeling good either. She sighed heavily thinking of what happened that morning as her eyes began to water. She couldn’t believe that she was suspended for a month. The worst thing was that she was blamed and punished for something that were not her fault.

“Girls stop it. She’s sick.” Rachel scolded them with a glare, the doctor beside her smiling warmly at Yoohee.

“You look very pale Yoohee-shhi. Don’t move too much you’re still weak.” He comforted her as he walked closer to examine her foot.

Yoohee sat still gazing blankly at her blankets, her eyes still watery. She fought hard to not cry. After a few moments the doctor spoke, “She did injured her foot. I suspect it’s the dislocation of her ankles.”

“So, she sprained her ankle?” Rachel guessed.

“It’s similar to that but this one is a bit serious. Don’t worry she just needs to rest a lot and meet the physiotherapist once a week till she gets better.” The doctor explained. “And one more thing, she can’t be too stressed.” He reminded before he left.

Rachel nodded before turning to Yoohee. “Yoohee-ah, are you okay?” she asked in concern after seeing her watery eyes.

A tear fell when she heard the word ‘are you okay?’ for the hundredth time that day.

“Unnie what’s wrong?” Hyejin asked worriedly, seeing Yoohee cry.

Rachel sat beside her and hugged her, smoothing her back to calm her down. “Something wrong?” she asked softly.

“We met Gary just now.” She replied weakly with a shaking voice, hugging onto Rachel tightly.

“We? You mean you and-” Ayumi guessed.

“Yunho.” She finished.

“What was he doing there? Don’t tell me Gary caught him!” Ye Eun gasped while Rachel sent her another glare.

“There’s something I have to tell you girls.” She broke away from the hug to face them and wiped her tears.

“He’s a spy. A secret agent.” She told them.

“W-what?” Ye Eun gasped as Hyerin widened her eyes in surprise.

“Yoohee –ah, are you serious?” Rachel asked.

“Omo! Yoohee must’ve hurt her head badly. Now she’s insane!” Ayumi yelped in horror covering with her hand.

“I’m not lying. I’m not crazy. It’s true. His rank is even higher than us. I’ve seen his badge.” She reasoned for them to believe her.

“Yoohee-ah, I’m not saying that you’re lying but that’s a bit….” Rachel suggested but was cut off by Yoohee.

“Ask Gary himself if you don’t believe me.” She ordered, a bit hurt that no one trusted her. She knew this would happen.

Hesitating for a moment, Ye Eun pulled out her Compowder and called Gary using video call.

 After a few moments, he picked up. “Hello girls, anything I could help with?” Gary greeted them. His life-sized hologram appeared in front of them.

“Gary is it true that DBSK are KIA’s spies?” Ye Eun asked as soon as Gary’s face appeared.

“I see that Yoohee told you girls already.” He smiled to them while glancing at Yoohee.

“So it’s true?” Rachel asked.

“Yes girls, they are KIA’s spies.” Gary confirmed with a nod.

“B-but, how? When? Why?” Ayumi blurted out. Should I confess that i know too?

“We have our reasons. Now, I expect all of you to respect them. Arasso? I have to leave now, I have work to do and Yoohee, get well soon.” He replied and hung up.

“Ouch!” Hyerin winced as if in pain.

“Why?” Ye Eun asked.

“Now I know what it means by harsh reality.” She answered.

“But why are you crying unnie?” Hyejin asked Yoohee, still curious.

“Yea, why?” the rest of them wanted to know.

“I-I’m suspended from KIA for a month.” She replied, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

“What? Why?” the older four gasped.

“Does it have anything to do with yesterday’s mission and the missing compowder?” Ayumi suggested.

“But that’s not your fault. Right?” Hyerin guessed.

“I don’t want to talk about that now.” She simply answered while lying down on the bed.

“Unnie, I’ve wanted to ask this for quite some time.” Hyejin spoke up.

“What is it?” Yoohee looked at her.

“How did you guys know DBSK? Wait, that’s not right. How did DBSK know you guys?” she asked curiously.

“It’s a pretty long story.” Ye Eun patted her shoulders.

“And maybe we’ll tell you later. Right now Yoohee-ah needs to rest.” Rachel assured her while tucking the sleepy Yoohee.

Rachel sighed heavily, gazing at Yoohee. She must have gone through a lot today. It must be hard for her.


 

 DBSK were having a meal before their next schedule. None of them spoke a word on the ride back from the hospital. Not even Junsu who was always so hyper said anything. Yunho tried all means possible to avoid questions from s. They were digging in their food on the table one by one. Only the sounds of munching, slurping and clanking of the chopsticks could be heard. After a while, Jaejoong set down his bowl and chopsticks on the table, rubbing his stomach in delight. He looked at Yunho who was busying himself with the food, trying to avoid any questions from them.

Suddenly, Jaejoong spoke up, “Something you wanted to tell us?” he asked looking straight at him with a serious face. The rest of the members haven’t stop eating but they were hearing his answer intently.

Sighing heavily, Yunho set down his own bowl and faced s. “The girls at the hospital earlier are KIA’s spies like us.” He informed after a moment of hesitance.

Changmin choked on his kimchi and Junsu turned to Yunho, strands of ramen dangling from his partially open mouth. Yoochun who was scooping rice into his mouth stopped halfway through and the rice landed splat on the floor while Jaejoong widened his eyes in bewilderment at Yunho’s statement just now. They stayed like that for a few seconds in silence. Suddenly, Yoohun burst out laughing with the rest following suit. Jaejoong still gave him the same expression while the others were already on the floor laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

“This is clearly not the time to joke around. I’m serious Yunho-ah.” He snapped.

“I knew this would happen. I knew you won’t believe me that easily.”

“Of course, who would? It’s too funny hyung!”

“Yeah, I can’t imagine that Hyerin girl as a spy! What would her expertise be? Yelling?”

“But I’ve seen Yoohee fight before. She’s really good. And about the girls chasing the guards and all didn’t that tell you something?”

The laughing stopped abruptly at Yunho’s words. The members stayed silent deep in thoughts. Then, Yoochun spoke. “Yeah, it is a little strange but that’s impossible.” He chuckled a bit.

“Maybe Yunho hyung is right.” The magnae butted in.

“If he is right, do you have prove?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well, uhm….why did Rachel locked you up in the janitor hyung?” Changmin nudged Junsu.

“I-I don’t know.” Junsu replied, stirring his ramen with the chopsticks.

“Junsu is always unlucky. He gets locked up in many places before.” Yoochun defended.

“Do you have any prove Yunho-ah?” Jaejoong inquired.

Yunho took out the Compowder from his pocket and showed them. As soon as Yoochun saw that, he burst out laughing again.

“What are you doing with that!? Haha!” he laughed while holding onto his stomach.

“This is not a normal face powder. Look.” The leader said as he opened in and showed it to them.

Suddenly, Changmin snatched it away from him. “Whoa~! It looks like a computer! Cool!” Being an expert in computer that he is, Changmin browse through the compowder excitedly.

After a while, he looked up to Yunho. “Hyung, this is KIA’s gadgets. We can clearly see it right here.” He pointed to the screen which had KIA’s name on it.

“See! I told you so.” He said proudly.

“But it’s still a little bit weird.” Junsu mumbled.

“Fine, I’ll call Gary if you still can’t believe me.” He took out his phone.

Before he could dial Gary’s number, a hologram of Gary appeared from the ceiling, standing on the kitchen table.

“Ahh!” Junsu screamed, shocked to see Gary’s foot inside his bowl, even though he’s just a hologram.

“Gary, you startled us!” Yoochun yelped.

“I’m sorry about that.” He apologized. “Don’t worry Junsu, that’s not my real foot.” He assured him.

“Gary, we were just about to call you.” Yunho said.

“I see you’ve told them about it?” he looked at Yunho.

“Is it true? That, they are spies too?” Yoochun asked curiously. Gary smiled and nodded at his statement.

“Like us?” Changmin asked further while poking Gary’s holographic foot with his fork.

“Yes, exactly like you. They are the best of the best female spies we’ve ever had.” Gary informed.

The members looked at Yunho in disbelieve as he just gave a I-told-you-so look in response.

“The girls just knew about this a while ago too.” Gary told Yunho. “So, I hope you’ll respect one another despite your higher ranking than them.” He reminded the four before ending the call.

“Higher ranking than them?” Jaejoong asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, the difference is on our badges.” Yunho stated. “Ours are gold while theirs are silver. Technically, our status are higher than them.”

“Doesn’t that mean we can order them?” Yoochun smirked, mischief was clearly written on his face.

“Yes, but don’t even think about it.” Yunho warned him, as he sensed an evil glint in Yoochun’s eyes. “We can only use the power in emergency cases.”

“So, what do we do now?” Junsu asked.

“I don’t know.” Jaejoong shrugged. Should I tell them that I already knew?

“Hyung, where did you get this?” Changmin asked Yunho about the compowder.

“Well……Yoohee dropped it at the infirmary that day and I just happened to find it.” he replied. “What’s wrong?”

“I hate to break this up to you. But you might want to give this back to her ASAP.” Changmin advised.

“Well, I was going to do so. But I forgot. Why?” Yunho asked curiously after seeing Changmin’s serious face.

“I just had the feeling that she’ll be in big trouble if Gary found out she lost her gadgets.” He reasoned.

“Big trouble what do you mean?” Junsu asked, interested.

“I happen to read KIA’s rule book and it stated that a spy cannot his/her gadgets unless it happened in a mission.” He continued.

“What happens if she lost it?” Yoochun asked.

“Well she could get a punishment.” Yunho’s face turned serious. “Worst, she might be suspended.” Changmin spoke, Yunho widened his eyes in shock.

“Does she know you took her gadget?” Jaejoong questioned him.

“No, I don’t think so.” Yunho shook his head.

“Hyung……” the younger three muttered.

“I just did something bad, didn’t I?” he looked up at them.

updated! sorry~ been busy with college ><" enjoy these nevertheless^^*~