Playboy

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was a Wednesday, only halfway through until the weekend. But that meant that Minwoo still had half a week left for him to get Yoorin to take a liking to him. He knew the weekend was the best time to get to her. This wasn't going at all the way he had planned it, he usually could get the girl’s number and have made plans to meet up in about a minute of just talking to her. But with Yoorin it had taken him almost two days to just catch her name. Every time he was around her he forgets everything he planned and just loses it. Nothing just seemed to be working.

But he did know that she didn’t have a boyfriend. A guy can tell what another guy is like just after a quick close observation. That tall guy with the deep voice didn’t care about her - harsh but true. He seemed like the type that could easily be wooed by just a flick of a finger. He’s into the girly and cute girls, but not too girly. He probably knows he’s good looking but tries to hide the fact that he does. Unlike Minwoo, he’s too obvious that he’s a player. And if the situation were different - if the guy was not trying to get into Yoorin’s pants - then Minwoo would’ve thought he was okay.

How would he know all this? He’s a guy, duh.

What he didn’t get was why Yoorin couldn’t seem to see through his game when he saw through Minwoo's straightaway. She was surrounded by hundred of other people that liked her probably way more than that Changjo, but she doesn’t seem to realise it.

What it is about me that makes my nature so transparent?

Minwoo was having this ridiculous urge to protect her from it, to get her out before she got hurt. He didn’t know why, he barely knew the girl and he usually didn’t seem to care much about girls’ feelings. He didn't know much about her yet so he couldn't say that she was totally different from the others girls that he had been with. It would be a lie to say that he was attracted to her for her personality because she has yet to show more to him but it was true that her looks pulled her in and her character and aura was definitely alluring. Maybe all the girls that he had chased and been with were too similar; a category of their own while Yoorin, still in her own category but a category that Minwoo had not been exposed to as if yet, and this to him was very exciting. He knew that the first moment he had set eyes on her, he would have to rearrange his mind just to make room for her.

Girls were selfish and they expect way too much, whether they admit it or not. They were annoying, whiny and bratty creatures, But at the same time Minwoo loved them. It’s a complicated thing. Yoorin didn’t seem to care much about herself but more for other people around her – Minwoo thought that it couldn’t be very healthy of her to do so. She seemed to know him and even though she seemed angry she didn’t seem like she was judging him.

Right then and there he made a vow to himself: he was going to make Yoorin his no matter what. He needed to have her, she was like nothing he had ever come across before. And to think that he was so dazzled by her after only a few days of knowing her he couldn’t imagine how bad he’d be when he’d begin to find out more and more about her.

Seo Yoorin, you will be mine.

 

 

 

It was Wednesday… which meant she only had two days left to get Minwoo to like her. He seemed to already notice her enough. She had gone over to Jeongmin’s house after school yesterday to finish off his project with him so she’d have time to carry on with Hana’s plan during lunch time today – that is, unless someone was to turn up wanting Yoorin’s help. And funnily enough, no one came up to her asking for help, only came to say hi and wishing her a nice day.

She had to invite Minwoo to the brothers’ party, even though she really didn’t like the idea of it. The brothers – or rather, Changjo - said to invite whomever she wanted and that any of her friends were also a friends of theirs.

As she was walking to the cafeteria she started to remember flashes of the argument she and Hana had last night:

“I really like the guy, Hana.” Yoorin said in a pleading tone. “And I think our relationship might develop further if I go to the party. I can’t have Minwoo there with me, especially if I’m supposed to be making the eyes at him, Changjo will get the wrong idea.”

“Yoorin!” Hana half yelled. “You said you’d do this. You can’t just make excuses!”

“For the record I actually like my life,and I’m beginning to think this whole revenge thing of yours is going to affect the way I see things. I don’t want to do this anymore if I have to take him with me.”

“Yoorin,” Hana repeated in a different tone, “Please. Do you want him to hurt more girls? We have to do this so he knows what it feels like and sees what a jerk he is so he’ll stop.”

The argument continued for half the night, until Hana decided to throw her the guilt card by saying that she had promised and accusing her of being a promise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter