I'll wait for you.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meet him at his house after school? No biggie. He had said he just wanted to talk. To catch up on things.

When they had to part ways on the way home she told Minwoo that she was going to stop by at L.Joe's house. She thought Minwoo would sulk and be reluctant, but instead he was happy that she told him. He said that he was glad she was finally talking to him properly, and letting down her walls. He said that he would be even more upset if she had gone to L.Joe's house without telling him, or lying to him about it. He was just so happy, it seems like her walls were finally crumbling down.

After she had eaten and showered, she threw on some clean clothes and dug into her backpack, looking for the crumpled piece of paper where L.Joe had scribbled his address. It turned out he only lived around the corner from her, not too far from where he used to.

"House number 153, huh?" Yoorin muttered to herself, peering at the number of houses as she walked past. "...145, 147,149..." she mumbled to herself, counting off the numbers as she passed the houses She was on the side that contained the odd numbered houses, so she knew she was close.

"Aha," she stopped dead on her track. She was stood in front of a big stone house with the big gate. The expensive looking house intimidated her slightly. But taking a deep breath, she rang the bell.

L.Joe opened the door with a grin on his face. "Come on in, Puppy."

She did, and released a low whistle as she looked around the place. "You have a pretty impressive house." It was big alright, but it looked more like a museum than a house. It didn't look cosy or lived in; just lots of expensive things lying around for the show.

"It's alright," he shrugged, before tugging at her wrist. "Now, c'mon." He had lead them to another room; a big kitchen with a table all set in the corner of the room. He guided her to it and seated her on a chair.

"What are you doing?" Yoorin laughed, peering behind him, seeing all the pots boiling and laid out plates.

He strode away, lifting the lid of the pans and checking if they were cooked. Turning his head around slightly, he smiled at her, "I'm making you dinner."

"Dinner?" She frowned. She had already eaten, but seeing all his efforts she didn't have the heart to tell him.

"Yeah," he beamed. "This is actually my first time cooking, I watched some last minute things on the cooking channel to get me going so I hope I'm doing this right."

"I'll help you!" She offered, standing up and walking to him, peeking at what he was cooking.

"I remembered that your parents were always away because of work, I'm guessing they're still like that?" He said.

"Hmm, yeah." Yoorin gave him a smile, remembering the nights of sleeping over at his house because of the business trips her parents had to make. Sometimes it was like her home was with him at the time. L.Joe's parents were always busy too, but he had a nanny, she would look after Yoorin too when she was over.

"There, there." He patted her head, being purposely patronising which earned a look from Yoorin. He chuckled, "I'm always alone, too. Still."

The food was surprisingly okay. She didn't have to force herself to eat it and she didn't gag either. But because she had already eaten before coming over she couldn't eat much. After she helped wash up they went to the living room and sat on the couch, and just talked. It was nice. Him telling her about how it was in California while Yoorin updated him on how she had been since he left.

"After I left you, I kind of lost interests in girls then, I rejected a lot of them." He said.

"But I guess that's changed since you came back, huh?" She said softly. "Because as soon as you came back you got yourself a girlfriend. Were American girls not good enough for you?"

"Huh?" L.Joe frowned. "Oh, right. Sooyeong."

After a minute of silence her abruptly stood up and extended his hand. She just stared at it. "What?"

"Take it." When she didn't, he grabbed her hand and half dragged her out to the next room. He threw a smirk at her over his shoulder. "I prepared something for you, come on."

Turned out he was leading her a room with his grand piano in. He took a seat and patted the space next to it, gesturing for her to sit down. She did. "I'm kind of scared about what you prepared." She teased.

"Hey, I spent forever preparing this!" He chuckled, placing his slender fingers on the keys. "I started preparing for this before I even I came back." Then he started pressing the keys.

It was a beautiful sound, one she had never heard before, flooded the room. This noise was the sound of icicles and little sleigh bells mixed into one impacting combination. She felt the sadness of the music seep into her body slowly and spread throughout her veins. She stared at the piano, amazed that such a thing could created such beautiful sounds. The machine was like an elegant beast, sent to life by L.Joe's slender fingers. Keys of ivory white and smaller keys of charcoal black decorated the magical object. Smooth brown wood curled delicately underneath the keys in which his fingers were dancing over. She was awed at the scene in front of her, dropped slightly.

"That was amazing." She said as soon as it finished, her voice barely audible.

"You think?" He said. She had thought he might have sounded cocky and smug, but he looked dead serious at that second.

Slowly he started to lean in, closer and closer until their foreheads were almost touching. She didn't know why she didn't push him away, she just stared into his eyes as he stared into hers. She felt paralysed.

Before she could say anything in protest, his eyes were closed and his hand was on at the back of her neck, pushing her forward. She felt her eyelids beginning to close too, but then at that moment someone popped into her head.

Minwoo.

Her eyes snapped open and she pushed L.Joe's face away from her roughly. A hand immediately flew to , even though her lips had not touched his. "What are you doing?" She demanded, her voice didn't come out as harsh as she hoped it would because it was muffled by her hand, so she dropped it and glared hard at him. "We're just friends."

She then stood up and began to walk away, but he grabbed her elbow and twisted her around, pressing her against the wall and blocking her exit with both of his arms. When he lifted his gaze to meet hers she saw how dark and glassy they were. "You really think I would do all this for a friend?" He said, his voice low and husky. "I know you're not stupid, Yoorin. Didn't you get the hint when you saw that I was home alone? When I said it was my first time cooking - yet I did it for you. When I played you a song... did you not get the hint?"

"Maybe if you weren't already with someone and I wasn't ei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter