Nickname.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last drop of daylight was fading from the sky - a draining that seemed more of a suffocation than a sunset, a final gasp as the day died away. To the east, a dull copper moon, just on the downhill side of full, struggled above the crest of the hill.

Yoorin had been sitting on the empty park’s swing for a good hour or so now, it was one of the place she liked to come to think. She had spent the school day dazed. She saw Changjo but he refused to meet her eyes. She noticed the way he always seemed to be surrounded by girls and the way he seemed to touch them slyly here and there - on their cheek, hand, arm and waist. Funny how she had never noticed that before, she had always thought he only had his eyes on her. They were never really official but the whole school knew they were an ‘almost item’. Yoorin wondered if he had always been such a blatant player or if she was just too blind to not notice it.

God, I’m stupid.

Some of her good friends had asked for her to sit with them at their table for lunch that day, but for a reason that she could not quite come to term with herself just yet, she wanted to be around Minwoo. She sat across from him and began eating her food without saying anything. He had stared at her for a little while before smiling slightly and then returning to his own lunch. That was one of her favourite things about him - he didn’t push things out of her.

After school she went to the library to help Jeongmin out with another one of his project. He always left it till last minute, but she didn’t mind helping him. She liked being around Jeongmin, he was always so cheerful and most the time it would rub onto her too.

She wasn’t in a bad mood really. She wasn’t upset or mad. But she wasn’t particularly happy either. All she knew was that she wanted to think. So when they finally finished with Jeongmin’s project she made her way to the park. She knew no kids would be there when it was getting cold and dark so early.

She sat on the swing, thinking hard about things. Like Minwoo… and Hana… and Changjo… and Minwoo… and Hana’s revenge plan… and Minwoo. She didn’t understand why he kept on popping into her head whenever she tried to think about things. She knew that Hana wanted her to sign up for the dance class that Minwoo was in though, and she was happy about that. But she didn’t want to continue with this whole plot for revenge any longer.

She dropped her head, not knowing what to do. But then she felt a slight contact on her back as the swing she sat on began to sway. Someone was pushing her. Gasping, she twisted her head around, only to find herself staring at that all too familiar flashy grin.

“Minwoo…” Yoorin sighed in relief. She was scared for a se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter