End?

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as her foot was outside of L.Joe's property, Yoorin made a sprint for it. What she didn't notice was Jeongmin, who was gazing out of the window, watching her go all the way and hoping that she'd get the result that she so desired.

She took a sharp left at the end of the road and took the all too habitual route towards the big hill just outside of town. She ran up the hill until she felt her chest begging for air and her stomach screaming for mercy. She skidded to a stop when she was stood outside the big white house with the iron gate.

She slowly walked into the garden, stalling time to catch some breaths. She knew that if she had stopped to think about it, she would have never have gone through with it, so she dismissed any last minute thoughts at the back of her head and knocked on the door.

But there was no answer.

Her breath hitched again as she lifted her closed fist to knock on the door once more.

But silence greeted her.

She took in a shaky breath as she lifted her hand again, ready for another knock. But before her knuckles made contact with the painted red door, it opened to reveal Minki. She thought it was Minwoo for a second there, the brothers looked so much alike it was uncanny.

"Yoorin," Minki took in a slow breath, obviously surprised seeing her there. He stepped forward and shut the door with a soft click behind him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to see him." She followed him into the garden and sat down beside him on the wooden bench, but she couldn't seem to keep still. "He's here, isn't he? Can you please tell him I'm here?"

Minki stared at her with wide eyes before shutting them and letting out a sigh. He put his hands on his hips and looked around, avoiding Yoorin's gaze. "I would've thought he told you..."

"Told me what...?" she said slowly, though feeling her heart beating faster with each second passing.

"He's gone, Yoorin."

"Gone?" She managed to let out a choked gasp. "W-what do you mean by 'gone?' 'Gone' as in he's gone to get some milk and will be back any second 'gone' or...?"

"He's left for the states. To be with his mother." Minki paused and let out a frustrated groan. "Yoorin, God, I am so sorry to have to tell you like this. I thought... you know..."

"I... I don't understand." Yoorin was surprised that she wasn't reacting much to Minki's words at all. She just sat there and quietly absorbed it all in.

He his lips and took in a deep breath. "As you may know, this situation has been going on for a while now."

Her mind started racing. All those times he came into dance class very distant, quiet and moody. Those times that he turned up in the middle of the night outside her room, seeking for comfort. All those arguments he had been having with his father, was it over this? And...

"Minki, remember when I came over to your house one time a while ago? Me and Minwoo walked in and you were sat alone in that room..." she paused and looked into his eyes. "You were upset. You pulled Minwoo away to talk about it, you insisted that it was important... was that about...?"

"Yes." Minki rubbed his neck and blew his bangs away from his forehead. "That was the day mother came over. She and our dad had a fight... she wanted Minwoo to live with her because he had gone by without a mother for most of his childhood. It's been going on for a very long time actually, it's been going on before you two even started seeing each other. It only just started to get serious a few months ago... you two started seeing each other a the beginning of January, right?"

She nodded.

"Well, mother came back near the end of January... and it's December now. So it's been almost a year since this has been going on."

Yoorin squeezed her eyes shut and choked back a sob. "How could he just leave?"

Minki nodded. "I don't understand it either. He put up a lot of fight to not leave. He and dad hadn't been in good terms in God knows how long. He's been fighting for dear life to stay here, and it's all because of you."

Yoorin lifted her head and blinked. "What?"

"Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter