Pawn.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoorin was still dazed and sleepy when Minwoo had said it, but it had snapped her wide awake when the words finally registered into her brain.

"W-what?" She let out a low nervous laugh. "Minwoo, what are you saying?"

But she didn't get a response. He grabbed his jacket and then headed for the balcony, jumping onto the branch of the oak tree and then to the garden, and before she knew it, he had sprinted off.

Her lips parted, she fell back into her bed as she tried to think... what just happened?

She was still in shocked, for the most part. And then confusion started hitting her.

Why did he just suddenly say that?

Did something happen?

He didn't really mean it... right?

And then it was denial. She started making up excuses for him, saying that he was going through a lot and that he'd call her and apologise, saying that it was all a mistake. But deep down, she knew that he had meant his words.

Even when it started to finally sink in, she didn't mope and cry, her mind may have fully registered the situation but her body was still in shock.

Several heartbeats later, she pushed herself up from the bed and threw on some clean clothes and then ran downstairs, only to bump into Jeongmin when she opened the front door.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned and took a step back.

"Nice to see you, too." He drawled sarcastically. "I came here as soon as I heard the news."

"Minwoo told you...?" Yoorin said softly, feeling her heart beating in .

Now it was Jeongmin's turn to frown. "What are you talking about? No, I haven't talked to him." He ran his hand across his hair in frustration. "I heard that Hana came back last night, and one of my friend saw her with Minwoo... I just thought that you should know."

Her heart skid to a stop. It was like bits of the puzzle started to fall into pieces, forming a picture.

Yoorin's body didn't know how to react, it just kind of shut down. Her face turned slack, lips parted, the colours draining from her face as she stared wide-eyed at nothing that anyone can see. She had just froze to a point where Jeongmin couldn't even tell if she was breathing or not. But as the shock began to melt away, everything started to return slowly.

She let out a sudden sigh.

Everything makes sense now.

She opened to speak.

Hana must have said something to Minwoo.

She snapped it shut and gulped.

Then, with a little more succes, she started to speak. "He dumped me." It had came out raspy and barely audible. She didn't know why she had informed Jeongmin with that so suddenly, but it felt good having someone to tell it to.

Yoorin lifted her gaze and looked at Jeongmin, who's face fell when he saw the tears rolling down her cheeks. "Yoorin..." He pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around her. "Everything will be okay. That guy loves you too much to take Hana's word to the heart, he'll come around.

She pressed her face against his chest, inhaling a deep scent of leather from his jacket. She squeezed her eyes shut as loud sobs escaped form her. "Sshhh, it's okay." Jeongmin whispered softly into her hair.

After she had calmed down slighty, Jeongmin lead her to the white bench under her oak tree.

Yoorin, feeling light headed and disoriented as the news of Hana and her plan finally taking action buzzed inside her head. She wiped her brow, as if trying to block the memory out in order to cool off.

After taking a few deep breaths and pushing back tears she stood up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jeongmin called out to her as she started running down the road.

"To make things right again!" She yelled over her shoulder, turning the corner and taking the route to Hana's house.

She ran until she felt her lungs screaming and begging for air. She never stopped to catch her breath until she was outside Hana's place.

She knocked on Hana's front door with a closed fist.

A sleepy Hana opened the door, and even though she still looked groggy, it was obvious that she wasn't surprised to see Yoorin there.

Hana yawned, "I was wondering when you'd get here," she side-stepped so Yoorin could come in.

Every breath Yoorin took was shaky as she stared at Hana’s casual actions.

“Sit, sit.” Hana said, motioning to the couch.

Yoorin slowly walked over and hesitantly sat down. “Let’s talk.” She said quietly.

“Duh, that’s why you’re here, right?” Hana replied with attitude. “Let me get a glass of water first.”

Yoorin started thinking of the things she could say to her while she was busy with herself in the kitchen. As soon as Hana was in the room with her, Yoorin got right down to business.

“You were with Minwoo on Friday night,” she said. It was more of a statement than a question.

Hana sat down on the loveseat opposite her and shrugged. “I came back a day early, it was a last minute thing.”

“Liar,” Yoorin said, daring to look into Hana’s eyes. “You knew you were coming back on Friday night, didn’t you? But you told me you were returning on Saturday night – tonight. You lied because you knew I’d try to tell Minwoo before you… am I right, Hana?”

Even though she knew that, deep down, there had got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter