Miss Popular

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huh, what were the chances of him moving to a school with her in? Minwoo thought to himself as he got into the bus that took him straight to school. He was glad, of course. He was already happy to be moving to another school because they'd be new meat, but it was another of luck that the lost puppy who he had happened to stumble upon goest here, too.

I was such an idiot yesterday, he mentally slapped himself. I didn't even think about what I was doing!

When she had asked to use his phone he had gotten the impression that she was mute... can't blame him much, though. The way her lips seemed to be sealed shut and the hand movements she was doing, any sane person would've made the same guess. And Minwoo thought he'd try to be a nice guy by learning some last minute sign language that night. He searched wide and far on the web and even visited the school's library for some books on it the next day. But he ended up embarrassing himself because it turned out she could speak perfectly fine. Why was he going into so much trouble anyway? A thrill? A challenge? Possibly.

It was his finally his stop, he slung his backpack over his back and walked out of the bus. She was in the same class as him which equals to the same age as him. Huh, she sure didn't look it, he thought as he strolled inside the school's gate. Minwoo knew that he had messed up his first move but he was planning on making up for it. Since now he knew that she could speak perfectly fine, it was time for him to decide on how to wanted to go at it.

He saw Yoorin straightaway when he entered the classroom, he flashed her one of his eye-smile, hoping to get her attention. But she just stared at him and then turned her attention back to the crowd that surrounded her. It was weird, Minwoo was used to getting attention from girls but here, although the girls did look at him their eyes would always wonder back to Yoorin and the guys could hardly tear their gaze away from her. Even though it looked like the whole class was just completely in love with her he knew that it wasn't completely the case. The girls didn't seem to be... attracted to her in that way nor did half the guys. They just seemed to just adore her. Standing around her as if they were just there to see her smile.

And it was a chaser's - like Minwoo himself - nightmare. How was he supposed to make his move when she was completely surrounded by people?

I wonder why they all seem to worship her so much, he thought. Besides from the obvious, that is. But this whole thing doesn't just seem to be about her looks. They didn't seem to be trying hitting her up for dates.

"Hey, Yoorin! Thanks for that card you made for my grandmother, she loved it! She said it's one of her favorite get well soon card."

"Are you still involved with the school's helpline? My cousin tried calling in for you but it seemed you were busy helping someone else."

"Oh, Yoorin! Thank you so much for helping me with my art project, I think I can finally sleep at night now."

"Thanks Yoorin, for-"

"Yoorin, I need your help on-"

He frowned but didn't do anything further but sat down on his seat. So it made sense, but still... why would they all go to her? She possibly can't be the best problem solver or helper in school, right?

"Hey, so you're a new kid, huh?" A girl who sat next to him nudged. She was pretty, with short curly hair that made her look like a pixie."Want me to show you around?"

Minwoo didn't want to be mean or just flake her off, for all he knew after he was done with Yoorin he might need her. Even though the girl was decent enough, he didn't like going after more than one target at the same time because the girl would usual realise and then lose interest. And he couldn't just let Yoorin slip through his fingers so he decided to let the Pixie down gently.

"Thank you," he smiled, bending his neck to bow slightly and gazing at Yoorin's direction slightly. "But I've already got a tour guide."

She didn't insist anymore, she just smiled grimly and turned back to her friends.

Not too pushy, Minwoo thought approvingly. She'd be a good one later on.

 

 

 

Lunch time came and Yoorin dashed out of the classroom before Minwoo could say anything to her. He had wanted her to show him around, but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter