Basement.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter was inspired by this scene in a manga I read years ago. Can't quite remember where it's from but if you do then please tell me so I can credit ^^

Sunday… dance class… with him.

She didn’t know if she was ready to face him again. She still could not forget the nervous look on his face when she had popped him that question. Why couldn’t he just reassure her? Why couldn’t he just say… oh she didn’t know. She didn’t know exactly what she wanted him to say. She didn’t know what she wanted to hear from him. Just that his reaction was exactly what she had feared; he hesitated.

It wasn’t that she wasn’t looking forward to it - actually she was looking forward to it way too much. Which scared her.

I’ve fallen for his trap, she thought sadly. 

She got dressed and headed out the door to her dance class. Minwoo pounced on her the moment she stepped foot inside.


“Are you feeling better?” He asked, grabbing a hold of her hand.

“Of course,” she smiled. She was still upset but she couldn’t ruin Hana’s plan with her moods.

When the lesson was over both of them headed to the locker, both sweaty and tired. Minwoo made his way down the hall to where his locker was, and he was soon replaced by Sooyeong. She grabbed Yoorin by the collar of her shirt and dragged her out of sight.

“Look, I know you have a round face and big eyes and you think everybody adores you and should bow down to you.” Sooyeong glared, moving in closer and closer to Yoorin until she could feel her hot breath. “But you need to stop prancing around thinking you’re hot stuff.”

“What?” Yoorin frowned. “I never said anything like that.”

“Said it. Thought it. Had someone else say it for you - whatever. I don’t care.” Sooyeong sneered. “Everybody here seems to have taken liking to you but I don’t buy it. Just watch your back, and a piece of advice: keep a better eye on your boyfriend. Someone just might snatch him from you.”

“Is that a threat?” Yoorin said incrediously.

“Take it as whatever you want,” she shrugged with a wicked smile playing on her lips. “Bye,” she cooed and then walked off.

Yoorin was still shocked by what had happened but she shook it off and walked to her locker to find a note there.
 
It's Minwoo, I need to talk to you, meet me at the basement’s storeroom and make sure no one sees you.
 
Strange, she thought, but then shrugged. He probably slipped it in when he found that she wasn’t there anymore.
 

 

 


It was cold in the basement, go figure. Since it was nearing the end of January and it looked like it was about to snow any second. Plus basements are always the coldest room in the building. “What did you need to see me for? And why did I have to make sure no one sees me?” Yoorin asked, as soon as she stepped into the basement storage


“Huh? You were the one who-” Minwoo got interrupted mid-way into his sentence when the storeroom’s door banged shut.

All of Yoorin’s senses of danger were tingling.

Something’s not right, she thought.

She rushed straight to the door, but it wouldn’t budge no matter how hard she tried. She looked at Minwoo, “What about our phones?”

He dug into his back pocket and pulled out his phone, only to put it right back. “No signal,” he said in a flat tone. “What about yours?”

“I left it in my bag in the locker… did Sooyeong do this?”

“Isn’t it obvious? She’s been giving you the glares ever since you came here.” He blinked, surprised that she was so slow.

“So it looks like until someone realises we’re gone, we’re stuck here?” She whispered weakly.

“Looks like it,” he said with a worried face, “But more importantly…” He lifted his hands up to his mouth, blowing on his hands to keep them warm. “It’s really cold in here. We might freeze to death.”

She had realised it, it really was cold. She could see white puff of vapour swirling in front of her every time she let out a breath.

 

 

 

“Ah,” Jeongmin said. “They have the book I’ve been looking for.”

“Good for you” Hana replied, picking up his own book from the shelf. “Do you know when Yoorin will be back?”

“Yeah, the other stores didn’t have it in stock,” Jeongmin smiled. “And she’s still at her dance class right? She usually goes to Minwoo’s house after so you don’t have to worry.”

A snowstorm is passing through this region all day and will last all through the night. Buzzed from the radio.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that.” Hana said. “I have some news to tell her that she might be interested in.”

“Yeah, huh?” Jeongmin raised his eyebrows, smiling.

Temperatures will fall to thirty degrees, the lowest we’ve seen this year. Please exercise caution when on the roads.

“Yeah, but I’m not sure if she’ll class it as good news or bad news."

 

 

 

The room itself was bright. The ceiling lights illuminated the whole room. It was messy and unorganised, as if the person who was putting the things away rushed out as soon as their shift was done. Probably did.


“What are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter