Old friend.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongmin opened his mouth, searching for an excuse to cover up his little slip up, but then closed it wordlessly when he couldn't think of anything. Biting his bottom lip, he looked at Yoorin with worried eyes before twisting around and walking back into her room.

Yoorin blinked slowly before following him back inside. She saw him sitting at the end of her bed with his elbows on his knees and his hands tangled in his hair. Walking in further, she pulled her chair and placed it in front of him, siting down with her legs crossed.

She looked patient and calm on the outside but she could feel her pulse beating way too fast for it to be healthy, but nevertheless, she did not speak and waited for Jeongmin to find his voice. A minute passed by in silence and the two did not move an inch. They looked like statues.

After what felt like a very long time, Jeongmin lifted his head and stared blankly ahead. He was facing her but his gaze landed somewhere behind her head. "I'm sorry."

Yoorin felt her heart sink, those words that left his lips created a sort of pang of disappointment deep inside of her - something that she couldn't quite put her finger on or explain properly with words. She lowered her head and closed her eyes,"Wha-"

"I'm not taking anything back, though."

Her eyes fluttered opened and stared at him, who was looking straight at her. She swallowed the big lump in and continued to stare at him with wide eyes, wanting him to continue.

"I was always there in the background, hoping to be noticed. I mean, I guess in a way I was noticed, just not in the way that I wanted to be. Then as times went by I started to just be happy that I was in your life at all." Jeongmin said, stumbling over his words on more than one occasion as he played with his hands, avoiding her eyes once more.

She could feel that he wasn't starting at the right place and that he found it hard to explain it in order, a small smile slipped onto her lips as she stared at him.

"I made sure to always run to you whenever you needed me, and just by doing so made me happy. It made me so glad when I realised that I was making you happy - or at least just easing your pain, even in the slightest. When you smile something inside of me seem to brighten up a little. And when you cry it's like I can feel a little piece of me break along with you."

Yoorin felt her heart swell up as she parted her lips, wanting to reach out and grab his hand.

"You make me happy, and when I'm with you I get this sense of being at home... I mean, it can't be love, right?" A nervous chuckled was released as he slowly lifted his gaze to her.  He paused and was silent for a second before continuing. "It can't possibly be love... but it sure feels like it."

Jeongmin stood up and slowly made his way towards her. Yoorin's gaze followed him until he squatted in front of her as he tilted his head to the side. "You know, after some time I wanted to give up because I started to think that maybe you would never see me the way I wanted to be seen. But it was just impossible. You're just one of those people that when met, they can never truly be forgotten. That is how it is with me, after I met you and forever after it's like you own a piece of me." He blinked at her before forcing his eyes away from her and giving a light chuckle.

"What?" Yoorin smiled slightly.

"I know this may be an extremely stupid example but... it's like I'm a worm. I'm a worm and someone took a fishing hook and stuck it in me like a bait. Well, there's this barb at the end of the hook, so it means that I can't be pulled out without ripping a big part of myself. It sounds stupid but it's absolutely accurate. You have the hook in me, and it hurts, I'm stuck and I can't get it out. So I concluded that I'd rather rather stay on the hook than be eaten up by a another fish or try to force myself out but only to have a big hole ripped out of me." Yoorin nodded slowly. "You didn't understand a single thing in that, did you?" Jeongmin was amused.

She shook her head and they both laughed. Jeongmin took her hands and in his as she looked at him expectantly. "I want to be able to make you smile again... please give me that chance."

The smile on Yoorin's face fell when she realised just what he was asking. "I-I don't know..."

"What can I do to make you happy?" He whispered.

She was soundless before she answered, carefully and slowly picking out her words. "You can help me forget."

He smiled, "I'll see what I can do." Then he started inching his face closer to hers. She looked at him with wide eyes, not sure what to do, but sure enough to know that she didn't want to move away.

He stopped when their noses where practically touching, "I'm not going to force you." His breath tickled her cheeks.

"Force me to do what?" Yoorin said quietly, afraid to voice any louder.

"To kiss me."

He didn't move, he just stayed there with his face inches from hers and his hand resting on her knee. When he thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter