Accepted.

The Played Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn’t seem to be quite getting what he was trying to say. “What?” She raised her eyebrows.

He sighed and looked up again, Yoorin learned to realise that it was his habit to do so whenever he was thinking hard about something.

“It’s free of charge,” he continued. “You don’t have to pay any fees at all. It lasts for as long as you need it. I’ll be there for you whenever you need me and when you don’t then…” he let his voice trail off as he peaked at her under his lashes. Her brows were pulled together as she stared at him with her eyes.

“A-anyway,” he cleared his throat, having her staring so intensely at him made him nervous. “This is a really good deal! Trust me, you won’t find any insurance as good as this one.” He abruptly stood up and began walking away but stopped when he only made a few steps. He turned around and she was still looking at him with a perplexed expression. “Think hard about it, okay? It’s not a very easy question for you to answer, I know that.”

He didn’t turn around to walk away quick enough though as Yoorin caught the sight of his cheeks turning pink before he walked away. She could also feel her cheeks burning as the realisation of what he was offering hit her.

That night she got a text message from Minwoo, but it wasn’t the usual goodnight text he sent. He was asking her to see him.

If you’re free tomorrow then please meet me at the park, where you were last time, at midday. I’ll be waiting.

Yoorin snapped her phone shut after reading it and held it close to her chest.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

She contacted Hana straightaway. Hana was more than excited to come over the next morning to help her get ready. Even though that wasn’t exactly what Yoorin had in mind.

Hana picked Yoorin’s outfit for her, even though she wasn’t all that keen on Hana’s choices. She was seated on Yoorin's bedroom floor and was rummaging through her closet, throwing Yoorin her old skirt in the process. She did not like it, it was tight and it stopped midway to her thighs which was way too short for her liking.

“I don’t know, Hana…” Yoorin mumbled, trying to pull the skirt lower. “I used to wear this when I was thirteen, it’s way too small for me now.”

“Oh, shut it. You look great!”

“You don’t think it’s too short?”

“No way.” But Yoorin wasn’t fully convinced, she felt uncomfortable in the clothes that Hana picked out for her but she didn’t have the heart to refuse.

Yoorin's result of the outfit that Hana had put together for her was a pair of short mini skirt (which wasn’t originally a mini skirt, it was just mini on her because she grew since she last worn it), a loose long sleeved t-shirt with a zipped up grey hoodie with a pair of pale pink flats. She hated the outfit. It wasn’t something that she would wear (with the exception of the shoes) and it didn’t look right on her.

Hana pushed her out when it was time to go with way too much enthusiasm. “Go and break some hearts, Yoorin!” She yelled, waving from the door.

***

Yoorin was slightly late meeting Minwoo because she kept on stopping to pull her skirt down constantly on the way there. But when Minwoo saw the sight of her he couldn’t look away. She felt self-conscious as his eyes trailed along her body, stopping way too long on her legs.

“Erm…” Minwoo cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “You look different.”

“I look awful,” she said miserably. “My friend forced this outfit on me, I normally wouldn’t wear something like this.”

“Ah,” he said, walking up the hill and gesturing for her to follow him. “Well, that would make sense. I didn’t think you would pick that kind of outfit. It’s just not… Yoorin.”

“Where are we going?” Yoorin asked, tugging at her skirt as she followed Minwoo up the hill.

“My house,” he grinned.

“Wait, we’re going to your house?” She stopped dead on her track.

Minwoo chuckled slightly at her alarmed expression. “It’s okay, all of my family are in.”

On the way up to his house Minwoo noticed the way Yoorin kept on fidgeting with her skirt and the way the guys stared at her when they walked past. He zipped down his jacket and wrapped it around her waist, walking in front of her to block the front view too.

“Hold my hand, you won’t be able to see much if I walk in front of you like this.” He held out his left hand. Yoorin stared at it and saw that they were filled halfway up his elbow with bracelets.

Hesitantly, she took it. “Thanks,” she muttered.

Even though Minwoo had thought he did a pretty good job at concealing her she was still getting lots of stares as they walked by. He glared hard at each and everyone of them until they got the idea.

Minwoo’s house was at the top of the hill but never thought much of it. He never found it to be much of an effort getting up the hill everyday to go home. He was fit enough - being a dancer and all. But he could tell that Yoorin’s legs were going to give out soon. It was amusing for him to watch the relief wash through her when he announced they were finally there.

“Wow,” Yoorin let out a low whistle as she stared at the big white house with the iron gate.

“It’s not as impressive as those brothers’ but it’s alright.” He smiled, opening the gate for her.

As soon as they walked into the house they were hit with noises of… everything, really. The loud music coming out from his oldest brother’s room upstair, he was supposed to be away in university but he came back to visit, though he didn’t do much but locked himself in his room all day and only emerging from it for food. Then there was Minwoo's dad in the living room screaming into the phone. Probably about work again.

His second to oldest brother was screaming his head off at the second youngest in the kitchen. Probably fighting over who ate the last piece of cookie.

“Sorry about all of this…” Minwoo said, looking embarrassed.

“It’s fine,” Yoorin smiled. “It’s nice. It’s got a whole lot of family atmosphere going on. Mine is never like this because I’m an only child and my parents are always busy.”

As soon as they stepped further into the house, it went quiet apart from the banging music coming from upstairs. The two fighting brothers stopped mid sentence with their arms in the air. Minwoo's dad stopped talking to the phone and quickly said a few more words to it before hanging up. The two boys from the kitchen shuffled towards them. Their eagerness and enthusiasm scared Yoorin a little bit, so she backed away and hid behind Minwoo, only to peak at them slightly over his shoulder.

“Minwoo brought home a girl?” The brothers chorused.

“Hi, nice to meet you! I’m Minki and I’m second youngest.” A boy who looked similar to Minwoo - if only a little bit taller - pushed past his brother, smiling brightly at her. Yoorin bowed her head slightly from behind Minwoo.

“I’m Minkyung, I’m second oldest.” A tall boy with bleached blonde hair and a modern looking pair of glasses on his nose smiled, bowing enthusiastically. He was tall and lanky, but never the less he was good-looking and she could see the resemblance between him and Minwoo.

“Hello,” Yoorin greeted from behind Minwoo.

“The oldest brother is upstairs, his name is Sangmin. But he never comes out from there.” Minki said, bouncing slightly. Yoorin had no idea why they were all so hyper and giddy. Were they always like this?

Yoorin took in what they all said and realised that Minwoo must be the youngest. “Are you the baby of the house?” Yoorin whispered, tugging at his sleeve.

By the way they all presented themselves by how old they were it seemed like they must be a ranking going on. The oldest probably tried to take advantage of their age a lot of the younger brothers.

“I guess you could say that,” he said, laughing slightly. He grabbed her hand and intended on bringing her upstairs - away from everybody.

“Minwoo! You can’t just keep her to yourself! You brought a girl home, is she to share?” Minki said curiously, trying to catch another peak of Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter