Soothing Cocoon

That's So Random!
Description:
Seunghyun is not happy. And Jiyong just turned himself in. With his tail between his legs.
 
Foreword:
“Gosh, Jiyong! You really wanted to kill me, didn't you?”
 

 

Seunghyun is reading a book in the living room, with some classical music playing faintly in the background. The lights are just nice; not so bright, but not too dim. This ambience is what he calls ‘his soothing cocoon’. He does this whenever he feels stressed out, or tired after a long day, or sometimes when he’s mad or angry. It’s his own mechanism to calm himself down and keep his sanity in check.

“Boo!” A sudden bawl came from behind the couch and startled Seunghyun who was in absolute tranquility, followed by a playful chuckle echoing around the room.

“Gosh, Jiyong! You really wanted to kill me, didn’t you?” Seunghyun retorts, when he sees a tiny figure emerges from the back of the couch. A white towel covering his head with damped, messy hair peeking from under it. One corner of the towel is well behind his teeth when he rounded the couch and sat next to Seunghyun. Grinning.

Jiyong could tell from the room’s atmosphere – the book, the dimmed lights, the music - that the older man is not in a playful mood tonight. But he decided to shake the feeling off and continue being goofy. He ruffles his hair, purposely sprinkling Seunghyun with tiny droplets, only to have the other man retorts with a ‘tsk’.

“Tsk. Mood killer.” Jiyong pouts. “What are you reading?” A rhetorical question. Jiyong already knew what Seunghyun is reading. He just wanted to start a conversation. But Seunghyun didn’t feel like talking. He just flipped the book cover for Jiyong to read the title.

“Aahh..still on that one.” Jiyong is playing with the hems of his own sleeves. Well, technically they are Seunghyun’s sleeves. Jiyong is wearing Seunghyun’s hoodie. It’s a habit. Though he has tons of things to wear in his closet, he would still sneak into the other man’s closet and wears anything he likes. “By the way, have you seen the photos?” He nudged Seunghyun with a finger, and continued to poke the man from his wrist up to his shoulder, anticipating a response.

“What?” Although he knows exactly what Jiyong is referring to, Seunghyun asked the question anyway.

“Vogue. The photos. My photos.” Jiyong kept his eyes on the man’s facial expression. No change; eyes still on the opened page of the book in his hands. “Have you seen them?” Jiyong repeated himself while scooting closer. He took Seunghyun’s arm into his own and rests his chin on Seunghyun’s shoulder.

Seunghyun let out a sigh. “Yup. Youngbae showed them to me yesterday.” He replied, eyes still on the book.

“Youngbae?” Jiyong cocked his head to one side. “I thought I sent you a copy.” He sat up from leaning on Seunghyun’s shoulder. He noticed the man’s eyes are no longer onto the book, but straight ahead to the coffee table in the middle of the room. There lies the magazine, still wrapped in its plastic, already gathering a thin layer of dust. He recalls asking his manager to send a copy to Seunghyun three days ago. Apparently, Seunghyun never bothered to take a look.

Without a word, Seunghyun closed the book in his hands and put it on the table next to the couch. He stood up and walks away towards the bedroom, leaving Jiyong blinking in confusion.

“Wait. What? You didn’t like it?” Jiyong is still seated on the couch, but followed Seunghyun with his gaze, pouting his lips.

Still treading his steps and without turning around, Seunghyun replies, “She was !”

When Seunghyun disappeared behind the door, Jiyong let out a heavy breath and dropped himself to lie on the couch, ruffling his messy hair. He got the feeling that this would happen. He kinda knew it even during the photoshoot itself. But thinking they were not completely , just topless, he thought that maybe the man who is now sulking in his bedroom wouldn’t make a big deal out of it. He regrets it now for not telling Seunghyun beforehand. And he also knows now, he thought wrong.

Another sigh escaped his pouty lips when he gets up from the couch and turned himself in to the bedroom. He got a feeling that it’s going to be a long night.

 

==========

I always picture Jiyong as the jealous & possessive type between the two. But, once in a while, Seunghyun can be too. ;)

 

Sequel: Rock-a-bye Baby