I'm Not Sleepy

That's So Random!

A/N: I know I just posted the previous chapter, but this one just popped up in my head and I just had to write it down. So, read Chapter 53 if you haven't already. ^^


Description:
Jiyong was sleepy but Seunghyun was working. The only way Jiyong wanted to fall asleep was in Seunghyun arms. So he found a way around.

Foreword:
"You think I can focus on this with you like this?"


 

Usually, when Seunghyun was lying in bed with his script in his hands, Jiyong would try to be a considerate lover and kept his distance. To him, Seunghyun was working and he should respect that.

But not when he was so sleepy and all he wanted was to fall asleep in Seunghyun's arms. Just like tonight.

He paused a few steps away from the bed, lips curling downwards into a pout. Hands drooped on each side, he cracked his knuckles with his fingers under the hem of the sleeves. He worried his bottom lip as he mulled over the options that he had in hand; whether to carefully and quietly slide into bed and sleep without distracting Seunghyun, or to climb up the bed, snatch and throw Seunghyun's script away and just snuggle up. He didn't favor the first option but that was what the rational part of his brain was telling him to do. And he might end up getting scolded by Seunghyun with the second option. So he inhaled and huffed out a sigh when he has decided.

He took the few steps to reach the bed and climbed up on his knees. He crawled over to Seunghyun and the older looked up.

"Hey," he smiled. "Give me a minute. Just a few more pages."

"It's okay," Jiyong smiled back. He scooted closer and took Seunghyun's hand and pulled the arm over his head to then loop it around his neck. He nuzzled at just under Seunghyun's jaw and snuggled closer. "I just wanna stay here. You may continue reading your script."

Seunghyun snorted, holding out the bound printed materials. "You think I can focus on this with you like this?"

Jiyong let out a small chuckle and tucked his fisted hands under his own chin and wedged his leg to intertwine with Seunghyun's. "Shhhh..don't mind me." He hummed as he settled in comfortably.

Seunghyun stayed still. He waited for a long moment; ready for any of Jiyong's mischievous tricks to draw his attention. But it never came; Jiyong was just lying there, clutching to his side with eyes closed, although the remnants of his smile was still visible around the corners of his mouth.

Seunghyun huffed another smile and his attention was back on the pages, while his brain pushed some distracting thoughts to the back of his mind. Just a few more pages, and then I'm gonna cuddle the hell out of him.

They fell into a comfortable silence and Seunghyun was able to get his mind to focus once more. But then Jiyong moved; he pulled away just a little bit and looked up at Seunghyun's face.

"What is it?" Seunghyun asked teasingly. But his eyes was fixed on the script.

Jiyong didn't respond as his mind was heavily clouded by sleepiness. He just looked up and didn't say anything. He watched as Seunghyun's eyes moved from left to right as he read the lines. He watched how Seunghyun's eyelashes brushed against the skin just underneath the eyes as he blinked. Unknowingly, he pulled up his hand. Seunghyun scrunched up his face as Jiyong lazily traced the fan of his left eyelashes, almost poking him straight in the eye.

Jiyong pulled his hand away after a few and balled it back under his chin. "They're so long." He commented in a slur. "Do they feel heavy? Your eyelids?" Jiyong blinked up sleepily, still looking up at Seunghyun causing the man to chuckle.

"No, they don't, Jiyong."

Jiyong hummed. His eyes felt so heavy like the anchor of the Titanic hung right on his eyelids. But somehow, he was enjoying this; Seunghyun calmly reading, and he didn't want to miss any of it. So he fought his sleepiness to stay awake by attempting at making conversation.

His gaze trailed down to Seunghyun's cheekbone, passed the creases where his dimple would've been if Seunghyun was smiling, along the edge of his chiseled jaw to his square chin. Then Jiyong's eyes darted up to the corner of Seunghyun's lips. He watched as Seunghyun unconciously worried at a patch of dried skin on his lower lip. Jiyong blinked. Once. Twice. Like he was caught in a stupor. Then his hand was in motion again.

This time, Jiyong traced his fingers along the thin lips, along the curve of a smile. A swipe of his thumb, Jiyong retracted his hand back to under his chin. "They're dry and chapped." He commented. "You should try," he paused and drew a deep breath. "You should try the new one. Noona gave it to me."

Seunghyun was not sure what new stuff he should try and which noona--his own noona, Dami or the stylist noona--gave it to Jiyong because Jiyong was positively slurring. Each word rolled out heavy on his tongue.

Seunghyun chuckled. He peeked down and sure enough Jiyong was still staring up at him. Eyes dazed with sleep, going in and out of focus with each blink. "Sleep, Jiyong." And he got a whine as a respond in protest.

"I'm not sleepy." Jiyong mumbled. But ironically, his eyes finally fell closed as he said the words.

Seunghyun chuckled even more. "Nope, you're absolutely not sleepy." He looked down at Jiyong, adorably has fallen asleep like a rabbit with his hands still fisted under his chin. He brought up a hand and eased the slight frown in Jiyong's eyebrows, delighted at the soft hum the gestured pulled out. Work can wait.

Seunghyun folded the corner of the page to mark where he had stopped so he could continue reading it tomorrow right where he left off. He placed the script gently on his nightstand and shut the lights.

Jiyong moved as Seunghyun gathered him into his arms; he snuggled even more comfortably with an arm across Seunghyun's chest, pressing half of his body practically on top of Seunghyun's entire left side, one leg drawn up to Seunghyun's waist, and he nuzzled his face right under Seunghyun's ear. He let out a content sigh when everything felt perfectly in place.

Seunghyun smiled. He was trapped. But he didn't want to escape.

He surrendered.

 

=======