Doomdadadibidada

That's So Random!

Description:
New Year in Las Vegas.

Foreword:
"Aahhh..hyung! Serves you right. I told you not to."


 

A phone rings on the table which attracts Jiyong's attention. It is not his phone, it's the manager's, but a familiar name flashes on the screen. His mind instinctively makes a quick detour back to a few days ago, when he last saw that person, up to this very moment at this restaurant. He pouts his lips and furrows his brows trying to remember if he did anything wrong. After a moment, he is positive that he has been on good behavior. Plus, he was under the watchful eyes of Seungri and the manager during their visit to the Sin City. Nothing could go wrong. But somehow, this call is making him slightly restless. He leans a little closer to listen to the bits of the phone conversation. But too bad he couldn't hear anything as the man's voice is drowned by the busy restaurant.

"It was Seunghyun, wasn't it?" Jiyong asked as soon as the manager ends the call, pretending that he didn't notice the caller ID earlier.

The man nodded. "Yup. Apparently, the picture is out."

"Huh? What picture?"

"You and Kiko at the bar on New Year's night." The older man turns his phone and there it is, the blurry pictures of them at the bar.

"Aishhhh.." Jiyong dropped his head into his palms. "We were in Vegas. How could anyone even recognized us?" He quickly fished his phone in his pocket and called Seunghyun. But knowing the man, Jiyong didn't expect him to answer the call and he's right. And he is agitated.

"Now where is Seungri?!" He scans through the restaurant and spotted the maknae at the bar. He cancels the call to Seunghyun and calls Seungri instead.

"Ya, maknae! Come back here. Hyung need to use your phone." That was all he said and hung up. The younger one turns around in his stool with a confused look on his face, to look at the table where his hyung is seated. Seeing the man glaring at him, he quickly leaves the bar and treads towards the table.

"What now?" Seungri asked.

"Give me your phone." Jiyong snatched the phone from the younger's hand and quickly dials the number. 

Seungri glances at the manager and raises his eyebrows, questioning the situation. The man simply showed the picture to him as the answer.

"Aahhh..then he called you?" Seungri asked the manager.

"Yup. Just now."

Seungri then turns towards Jiyong who is busy getting a hold of Seunghyun. "Aahhh..hyung! Serves you right. I told you not to." He shoved the man on the shoulder.

"Tsk. Shut up, Seungri!" Jiyong is impatiently listening to the dialing tone, waiting for Seunghyun to pick up. He knows that Seunghyun would not ignore the call. Because Jiyong knows, in situation like this, the man only ignore calls from him. He glances at his watch and calculated the time difference. It's almost midnight in Seoul, so it should be around 10:00 AM in New York.

As soon as he hears Seunghyun's voice on the other end, Jiyong shoved the phone to Seungri. "You talk to him first." He muttered under his breath.

Seungri quickly take the phone and muttered to his Jiyong hyung, "What is wrong with you?"

"Heyyyy..hyung!! Happy new year!" Seungri tried to sound as casual as possible. Jiyong facepalmed himself as Seungri failed miserably.

"How's New York? How was your celebration? Don't tell me you just sat in your hotel room and drank win-" Seungri was cut off when Jiyong snatched the phone from him for the second time tonight. Jiyong rose from his seat and left the table for the balcony.

"Hi." Was all that Jiyong could mutter after braving the harsh cold winter night that greeted him when he opened the door. The man on the other end stayed silent to the sudden voice change.

"Seunghyun, talk to me. I know you were the one who called hyung just now." Jiyong heard the man let out a sigh.

"Hi, Jiko." Seunghyun replied nonchalantly. He doesn't sound mad, but he doesn't sound playful either.

"No, stop it. You don't know exactly what happened."

"Oh I know. Hyung told me everything."

"What did he tell you?"

"Why? You think he's making up stories?"

"No. I just want to make sure that you know the truth."

"That's basically saying I shouldn't believe what hyung told me and that he's liar."

"Aisshhh that's not what I meant!"

"Then why you only bother to explain when the pictore got out? You have something to hide, Kwon Jiyong?"

"No! I just..I don't know..I thought-"

"What, you thought you won't get recognized in Vegas? You thought I wouldn't find out? "

"No! I don't feel anything towards her. She's a friend. You know that. We were sitting at the bar in the restaurant and she happened to be there. She came up to us, said hello, catch up a little bit over a glass of drink, and she left 10 minutes later."

Seunghyun let out a small chuckle.

"What are you laughing about?" 

"That's exactly what hyung told me. But if you must know, I didn't call hyung about the picture."

"You didn't?"

"I needed to change something on my schedule, so I called for his help to make some arrangement. And I decided to mess with your head a little, I told hyung to tell you that I saw the picture."

"Damn you, Choi Seunghyun. I can't believe I just fell for your trap. Again." Jiyong cursed with a growl.

"Hey, hey, hey..I'm coming home tomorrow. We'll talk tomorrow. Okay?"

"And have our own little celebration.." Jiyong added.

"Hmm..with you, I doubt it's going to be a little celebration." Seunghyun let out a laugh.

Jiyong bit his lip and chuckled. "You know it. I'll see you tomorrow.."

"Don't stay out too late. Get home safe."

"I love you.." Jiyong muttered. 

Seunghyun chuckled.

"I love you!" The younger repeated with a stern in his voice.

Seunghyun is still chuckling at Jiyong's demanding tone. "I know, I know. I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow."

Jiyong ruffles his hair as he ends the call. "Ah, I know what to do." He took out his phone and browsed his camera roll and decided to post something onto Instagram. "Well, this should distract people from this Jiko thingy." He said to himself.

'Doomdadadibidada' says the caption, and he tapped 'SHARE'.

"Oh wait. Let me tweet that, too." A couple of taps here and there and he's done.

"Yup. That should do it."

 

==========

I noticed that most of my writings revolved around Seunghyun's perspective. So I tried to write around Jiyong's this time. That's why the conversation may sound angsty at the beginning because it is a phone conversation and we can't see Seunghyun's expression, who was actually teasing the younger. I hope this make sense.

Anyways, I'm crossing my fingers for lotsa, lotsa, lotsa, lotsa GTOP in 2014! Cross your fingers with me, people! XD Btw, thank you Mymiaa for the idea. I hope this is fluffy enough for your liking. I'm sorry if it's not. Hehe ;)

And yes, babies. The song & MV that was the theme for the previous chapter is Crooked. High five! Hehehe