Inscribed

That's So Random!
Description:
Jiyong gets anxious. Jiyong gets sad. Jiyong gets moody. But all is good because Seunghyun is like water to Jiyong's fire.
 
Foreword:
"That's why he always goes to you."
 

 

“Hyung, what’s up with him? He doesn’t look good these few days. I'm starting to worry.” Youngbae nudged Seunghyun who is standing next to him, in line at the cafeteria. Seunghyun glanced at the man of the subject. He is sitting alone at a table in the corner of the cafeteria, isolating himself. And as usual, his notepad and pen are right next to his tray.

“Well, you know him when he writes. His mood swings could be worse than a pregnant woman sometimes.” Seunghyun laughs. But deep down, he is as worried as Youngbae.

“It’s uncanny how true that is, isn’t it?” Youngbae let out a sigh. “You’re gonna talk to him, hyung?”

“Yea, I’m just gonna join him at the table. You should come too.” Seunghyun turned to Youngbae, grinning while he picks up his last side dish. He knows how Youngbae, as well as the other members, would try their hardest to avoid Jiyong when he’s in this state.

Sometimes- no scratch that. Most of the time when he’s writing, Jiyong would get too immersed into the words that he would begin to live the words. If it’s a happy or cheerful song, you can see him literally bouncing around everywhere. And if it’s a sad or depressing song, he would frown, he won’t talk much, he would give you death glares, and whatnots. If you are not careful, he would snap.

“No. Thank. You. I think you are the only person who can handle his mood swings, hyung.” Youngbae grinned.

“Yeah right! You’re just saving your own .”

“Thank you for understanding, hyung. Hahahaha! But seriously, he told me once. You’re the only one who could calm him down when he feels sad, uneasy, anxious, or nervous. That’s why he always goes to you.” Youngbae smiled and raised his eyebrows. “Good luck, hyung. See you later.”

Seunghyun didn’t have a reply for that. He pulled a smile as he watch Youngbae walks away. Then he led his steps towards the table where Jiyong is seated.

“Hey. You okay?” Seunghyun put down his tray and took a seat across from Jiyong. The smaller man nods, nudging his food with his chopsticks. Looking at the amount of food left, Seunghyun could see that the man barely ate.

“Look, I know something is bothering you. You can talk to me if you want. But I’m not gonna pry and ask you about it.” Seunghyun crossed his hands and leaned against the table.

“Here, give me your hand.” Seunghyun continued when Jiyong just kept silent in his seat. He grabbed the pen and reached for Jiyong’s left hand. The younger gave Seunghyun a confused look but reached out anyways. He watches Seunghyun uncap the pen and starts drawing on the back of his hand. When Seunghyun is done, Jiyong smiled when he saw what it is. It’s a smiley, about the size of a dime, right under the knuckle of his index finger.

“There. Today, you should remember to smile whenever you see that. Okay?” Seunghyun smiles while his thumb caresses the new ink.

“Today? What about tomorrow? And the next day? Next week? Next year?” Jiyong finally decided to speak.

“Well, I’d be happy to draw it again for you when this one wears off.”

“You know what? I got a better idea.” Jiyong traces the round shape, “I’m gonna get this tattooed.” Jiyong’s smile widens.

 

LATER THAT DAY, AROUND MIDNIGHT

“Seunghyun, where are you?” Jiyong yelled out as soon as he closed the door behind him.

“Ji? Is that you? I’m in the living room.” Seunghyun, who is sitting in his couch, turned his head towards the direction of the entrance door, waiting for the owner of the voice to appear.

“I have something to show you.” Jiyong is grinning ear-to-ear. He flopped himself onto the couch, next to Seunghyun. Then he held out his left hand. “Look. I did it.” Jiyong smiles with a twinkle in his eyes.

Seunghyun just smiled back and took the small hand to look closer. He shook his head. He is lost for words again. Well, it’s Jiyong after all. Jiyong wants to do what Jiyong wants to do. Nothing Seunghyun says would change his mind.

Jiyong leaned forward and left a chaste kiss on Seunghyun’s cheek before embracing the man. “Thank you.” Jiyong whispered.

Seunghyun, taken aback a little bit by the gesture, let out a small laugh. Then he wrapped his arms around Jiyong’s waist and whispered back, “Anytime.” He smiled and planted a kiss just above Jiyong’s ear.

This is happiness for them. The emotional connection that no one will ever understand. The ability to communicate so many things with so little words.

 

==========

Well, to be honest, I have no idea whatsoever on the story behind that particular tattoo, but this is what I always have in mind. :)

Btw, I was listening to Doom Dada earlier and noticed a GTOP feel around the 'doom dada' part. It sounds like: "Doom dada divi da, da doom dada divi da, da doom dada divi da, da doom. Hey Ji!" *instead of 'haengjin' hihi :p*