A Song

That's So Random!

Description:
They work with words. They work with songs. But sometimes, words in songs of others' speak better for them than their own.

Foreword:
"Let's get outta here."


 

Caught in their own bubble on the dance floor, Seunghyun and Jiyong are inseparable. Not bothering with the crowd around them, they dance the night away. Laughing at each other's stupid dance moves, challenging each other with their own steps and tricks, and sometimes grind each other shamelessly.

Song after song, from the upbeat JLo’s On the Floor, to the hypnotizing Coldplay’s A Sky Full of Stars, they seem unbeatable and the night seems endless. They even wondered where the energy came from, but they didn’t bother much as they were having such a good time in such a long time.

The setlist finally changes into slow R&B's to calm things down; marking the night is almost over, gaining protests from half of the crowd that are still hyper on energy. But to these two, it is a nice turn.

Jiyong tumbles against Seunghyun's tall being, giggling from having so much fun dancing his heart out. It's infectious, as Seunghyun was also giggling when he caught Jiyong's arms to hold him in place, against his chest. Towering over Jiyong, Seunghyun smiled; taking in the bright smile as Jiyong pointedly commenting on a couple making out behind him.

But when all Seunghyun did was smile and not saying anything, Jiyong stopped rambling mid-sentence.

"What.." Jiyong asked almost inaudibly, but his giggles were very much present.

Seunghyun shook his head, mouthing a silent "nothing", still beaming with a blissful smile. One hand wrapped around Jiyong's waist and the other brushed away strands of damped hair from Jiyong's face. He let his fingers run through the rest of the hair, gazing at Jiyong's grinning face, noting the soft hums as Jiyong closes his eyes.

As the song starts, Seunghyun cupped Jiyong's face with both hands. He the cheeks with his thumbs before leading one of them to the plump lips. Jiyong opened his eyes then, locking them on Seunghyun's. His heart took a leap at the warmth he found in Seunghyun’s gaze.

A few moments passed before Seunghyun leaned down and captured Jiyong in a kiss. Jiyong stiffened at first. But as Seunghyun nibbles on his lips, at the seam, inviting himself in, Jiyong didn’t skip a beat to reciprocate, pressing his body closer to Seunghyun’s.

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can’t pin you down
What’s going on in that beautiful mind?

Time stood still for them in that moment. The dance floor is packed, but it seems empty. The sounds of the crowd chattering were drowned by the sound of their own breathing, of their own heart beating. They ignore everything else and savor each other’s taste, each other’s scent. True to the words of the song, their heads are spinning.

I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright
My head’s under water
But I’m breathing fine
You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind

They pull away slowly, pressing their foreheads together, smiling at the sudden change of mood as the song sets in. Jiyong stood on his toes a little to wrap his arms around Seunghyun’s neck, burying his fingers in the elder’s hair. A faint whisper of “I love you” caught Jiyong off guard. He could whisper those words right back but he decided on tightening his embrace and nuzzling a kiss against Seunghyun’s neck.

‘Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Jiyong huffed a shy laugh when he felt Seunghyun’s hands tracing along his sides, wrapping one arm around his waist, pulling him closer at the small of his back. Jiyong loves this. He loves how he fits perfectly around Seunghyun’s embrace, how he could just hide in the crook of Seunghyun’s neck. He loves how safe and warm he feels in those arms.

They naturally started swaying; drowning themselves among the soft piano tunes and the singer’s sincerity in his words. Both are letting the song speaks the unspoken words that they often feel at lost with. If it isn’t in their own lyrics, their feelings float on assumptions. They have known each other their whole lives, they have grown accustom to each other, hence the assumptions on their mutual feelings.

Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning

Seunghyun took the chance to whisper sweet nothings into Jiyong’s ear. His heart flutters at the sound of Jiyong’s giggles; whether at the cheesy things that he came up with or at the ticklish sensation of his hot breath ghosting over the shell of Jiyong’s ear, Seunghyun didn’t care. As long as he is the reason behind Jiyong’s smile and laughter, he couldn’t care less about the rest. It would be much easier to ask him what he wouldn’t do to make Jiyong happy. Because the answer is simple; nothing.

‘Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you
How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you’re crying you’re beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I’m around through every mood

It’s a silent promise. Seunghyun wants to be everything Jiyong wants him to be. Seunghyun wants to give everything that Jiyong wants, everything that Jiyong needs. He wants to be the friend, he wants to be the shelter. He wants to be the one Jiyong runs to whenever the world decides to become cruel again. Although sometimes it doesn’t seem like it, Seunghyun really wants Jiyong to know that he is always there.

You’re my downfall, you’re my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can’t stop singing, it’s ringing, in my head for you

Seunghyun is Jiyong’s poison as well as Seunghyun is Jiyong’s cure. He can live without Seunghyun, but he chose not to. He refused to live without Seunghyun. Whatever he does revolves around Seunghyun. He sees Seunghyun in everything. That’s why it was never a surprise to anybody when his work had Seunghyun written all over. Figuratively.

Cards on the table, we’re both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it’s hard

Jiyong let his hand traces Seunghyun’s shoulder down to the man’s chest, pressing his palm over the heart. He pulled away far enough to look at Seunghyun in the eyes; marveling at how their heartbeats are equally racing at a frantic speed. With a of his other hand at Seunghyun's nape, Jiyong leaned forward, commanding breathily, "Let's get outta here."

 

I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

 

==========