Part 9

My Gorilla Co-Worker

Firstly thanks to my current and new subbies: linhnhitongkt for reading my story. 

Please do comment and tell me what you think of the story. I really want to know what you think of it? Is it getting boring or is there something i should do to make it more interesting.

Once again thanks. Hopefully you like the update and sorry if this update is boring.

**********************************************************************************************************

** A Few Days Later**

 

Dara is getting used to the animal poop that is being thrown into her working boots almost on a daily basis. She had stopped getting angry and just get rid of the poop silently. There are a few occasions where she caught Seunghyun cleaning her boots for her. She also saw Seunghyun telling off a few staffs for putting the poops in her boots. But never once had she thanked him for the effort as she is still angry with him for the incident where the animal escape from the Sanctuary.

 

Dara is not sure why Seunghyun is helping her but that is not her main concern right now. She just received a call from the Customs about an abandoned Chimpanzee that they had found so Dara had to ask Seunghyun along with Sanctuary vet Daniel Lee to see the Chimp. Upon reaching the Customs, the officials showed them a cage with a small animal lay asleep under a blanket. Seunghyun went up to the cage and open the door. The Chimp squirm and shriek when it saw Seunghyun trying to hold it. At first the Chimp tried to get away from Seunghyun but after looking at Seunghyun for awhile, the Chimp let Seunghyun carry it out of the cage. Dara was was shocked to see Seunghyun carry the chimp like a newborn baby in his arm. The vet didn’t even need to use a tranquiliser and more surprisingly the more Seunghyun cooed the chimp, the more settled the chimp became.

 

As the three of them reached the Sanctuary, Dara was amazed when she noticed Seunghyun deal with the chimp with expertise. To Dara, Seunghyun looked like a dad who is handing his sleeping child and Dara didn’t noticed that she was staring at Seunghyun until Gummy came in and stood infront of her. “Dara-ah, are you okay? I’ve been calling you since just now.” Dara was surprised to see Gummy infornt of her. Dara also saw Seunghyun looking at her weirdly and felt her face hot with embarrassment. “Yes Gummy, I’m okay. I’m just thinking about the new chimp.” But Gummy smiled and shake her head. “You sure Dara? I thought you were staring at Seunghyun’s back.” Gummy can’t help but to tease Dara. She somehow sort of liked Dara for Seunghyun.

“Err.. I’m not staring at Seunghyun.. No such thing.. I’m just wondering on how to care for the new chimp. I’m worried if he can adapt to this new environment.” Dara said it with such seriousness that Gummy and Seunghyun can’t help but to laugh.

 

Seunghyun POV

Dara is seriously too cute. I’ve a strong urge to to bite her. How can she be so serious when it is obvious that Gummy is teasing her. It’s so fun to . I’m thinking of teasing her abit more.

 

“So Dara, is it true what Gummy said about you staring at me? Hmm.. No wonder I can feel as though someone was eyeing me all this time?” I smiled while walking towards her. I tried to stop myself from laughing out loud the moment her face change and turned tomato-red. “Err.. no it not true.. Like I said, I’m thinking about the new chimp and if he can adapt in the new environment. That is why I didn’t hear Gummy calling me.” Dara explained while walking backwards till she knocked her back against the cupboard. Both Gummy and myself can’t help to laugh out loud at her reaction. “Relax Dara, I’m just joking. Let’s stop teasing her Gummy. I don’t want her to be angry at me. Okay Dara the new chimp is now asleep. I’ll just place it in an isolation enclosure until it’s awake then we can do more tests on it. Is that okay with you and Gummy?”

 

Dara nodded her head fast without saying anything. Gummy asked me to write a report on the new chimp and submit to her for review. I turned back to pick up the new chimp and begin to walk towards the isolation enclosure. Before I manage to walk out, I heard Dara say “Be careful Seunghyun.” I turned to her and smiled. “Are you worried for me or for the new chimp, Dara?” I saw her frown and I laugh. “Don’t worry Dara, I will not hurt it and I’ll try my best not to get hurt. Will that make you happy?” Dara stomped her feet and exit the room. Gummy looked and me and smile before leaving the room also leaving me wondering the meaning of her smile.

 

The moment I reach the room where the isolation enclosure is, I place down the new chimp on the blanket on the floor and cover it with another blanket. I place a bowl of fruits and water nearby for it to eat before locking the enclosure. Looks like I have to stay overnight to accompany it incase anything happens. I took my laptop and some paperwork and move to the room to continue with some paperwork. After a while, I look up and saw the new chimp is still sleeping so I went to the kitchen to make some coffee. As I came back, I saw Dara sitting on a blanket infront of the enclosure.

 

“Dara, it’s late. Why are you still here? Don’t worry I’ll look after it and will update you if there is any changes. Go back home.” I told her while walking back to my makeshift office. She turn to look at me. “It’s okay Seunghyun ah. I’ll accompany you to look after the new chimp. I feel better sitting here. Just continue with your work.” Dara said while looking at the new chimp.