Part 26

My Gorilla Co-Worker

Firstly thanks to my current and new subbies: Gnarly_squid LittleJr MizzNini and goku8668 for reading  my humble story.

Also thanks to tabitabi and MizzNini for upvoting my story. Appreciate it so much.

To those to commented, you made me a happy person. Thanks for taking time to comment. 

Looking forward to read your honest in the comments section as i really wanted to know what you think of the story so far. Should i change the storyline or any ideas on how you want me to proceed with the story?

Once again thanks. Hopefully you like the update and sorry if this update is boring.

**Photo Credits belongs to their owner**

**********************************************************************************************************

Dara POV

 

It’s only after I parked my car that I realized that I’ve parked my car next to Seunghyun’s. But what surprised me is that Seunghyun is still sitting in his car looking dazed. He seems to be talking to himself and he even banged his head on the steering wheel. He got a shocked to hear the knock on his window but when he saw me his eyes most bulged out. I can’t help to laugh when I saw him fumbling in his seat, trying to get out of the car without removing his seatbelt. “Hey Seunghyun, you okay? Why are you panicking?”

Seunghyun looked down and laugh loudly and facepalm himself. “Mianhe Dara ah. I’m not sure what is wrong with me today? I think maybe I’m tired.” Seunghyun explained after he locked his car and we were walking to the office. I noticed Seunghyun is quiet today unlike his normal self. I turned around to see Seunghyun walking while facing the ground and also mumbling to himself but I managed to hear some of his mumblings ‘Pabo Seunghyun! Now she will think you are an idiot. Great Job!”

 

“Ani Seunghyun, I didn’t think you are an idiot. It can happen to anyone. Anyways you were shocked when I knocked the window so your actions are understandable.” I decided to interrupt his monologue as I didn’t know he’ll get upset over such a small matter. Seunghyun stopped walking and looked up. I didn’t know his eyes could get bigger. What is wrong with him today? Why did he keep looking shocked?  “Did.. Did.. Did you hear whatever I said just now?” Seunghyun’s face was of pure shocked. “Not everything Seunghyun ah. I just heard the part where you call yourself a pabo. And no I didn’t think you are an idiot. Understand? So do not ever call yourself an idiot.” I tried to comfort him.

 

As we entered the office, I saw Seungri walking towards Gummy’s room. I called out to him. He turned to look at me and showed me his adorable smil. “Good Morning to noona and hyung! Dara noona how are you feeling? Sorry I didn’t manage to see you after the party. Hope you are feeling better. Well I’m about to see Gummy noona and asked her if we could have a short meeting later to go through the filming itinerary as we would officially start the filming today.” I nodded my head and told him to update me about the meeting timing as there are some paperwork that needs to be done first.

After a while, Seungri came in to call me and Seunghyun to proceed to the meeting room. As I prepare to leave the office, I noticed Seunghyun still sitting at his desk, staring into space. I walked over and tapped on his table. Weirdly, he looked up at me and showed me his dimpled smile. “Seunghyun ah, did you hear what Seungri said? We need to go to the meeting room now?” I reminded him. I got a shocked when he suddenly jumped up and searched his table. “We have a meeting today? With who and about what? How come I wasn’t informed about it? Aishhh!! I’m dead, Gummy is going to kill me. I didn’t prepare any notes” I noticed he picked up his organizer and flipped through the pages frantically.

“Chill Seunghyun. There is no meeting. You didn’t hear Seungri mentioned about the filming itinerary briefing when we arrived?” The moment I explained, Seunghyun said back and raked his fingers through his hair and sigh. “No I didn’t. I must be spacing out when he said that. Is it now? Let’s go.” Seunghyun stood up and walked out. Something is definitely wrong with him but I’m not sure what is it.

 

We were the last two to reach the meeting room and soon Seungri started the briefing. After a while I felt like someone is keep looking at me and I turn only to see Seunghyun looking at me, not focusing on the briefing. The moment our eyes met, he quickly looked away and pretended to be focusing on Seungri’s speech. After the briefing I walked backed to the office and the moment I reached, I stand aside and waited for Seunghyun to come in. Once he is in, I closed the door and locked it.

 

“Okay Seunghyun, what is wrong with you? You are not yourself today. And why was you looking me instead of focusing on the briefing. Do you need to take some time off?” After saying all of that, I realized I sounded angry and Seunghyun was looking at the floor. Somehow he looked sad. “I’m sorry Boss. I will try to focus on my work now.” He walked back to his desk and I felt terrible. “Seunghyun I’m not angry at you. I just wanted to know if you are okay. I though we were friends and could tell each other our problems. But maybe I’m wrong. I’m sorry for assuming we are friends.” I tried not to sound disappointed but started to arranged some papers on my desk.

I heard Seunghyun got up from his desk and walked to me. “I’m sorry Dara. I admit I have a few things on my mind right now. Tell you what, I’ll will tell you what is on my mind right now. Will you listen?” He looked at me and I nodded. He sat down on the chair opposite of mine and took a deep breath. “Listen, I will only say this once. And this conversation, whatever the outcome is, stays here. No one else should know. Understand?” Again I nodded. “Here is it. Remember this conversation is confidential. The truth is I like you Dara. More than just colleagues. You know like how Man like Woman that kind of like. I’ve been trying to debate with myself if I should ask you out you know on a date. But I was thinking you know that you are MY boss while I’m just a normal employee. I know it’s not ethical but I thought why not. That’s why I’m not in my right mind as you noticed. So what say you? Would you mind if I ask you out on a date? I mean I know I should be more romantic than this but if I don’t do this now, I will lose my guts and most probably just keep this to myself till I die.” He looked at me and slumped on the chair.

Me? I’m shocked? He liked me? Did he just say he wanted to ask me out on a date? I’m not sure how to react to his confessions. “Dara, you okay? You know it’s okay to say No to me. I mean I didn’t expect you to like me back. I understand and I apologies for shocking you. Just pretend we didn’t have this conversation will ya? Once again I’m sorry Dara ah.” I quickly looked up and stopped him in his tracks.

“I’m sorry Seunghyun. I’m just shocked at what you say. I mean I didn’t know how to react. But are you sure? Honestly I like you too. So you wanted to ask me out on a date? Tell me the time and place and I’ll be there.” I smiled and continued doing my work while Seunghyun remained standing. The I heard the office door opened and Seunghyun screaming WOOOOHOOO down the corridor shocking whoever is there. I just can’t help but to smile at his antics. I’m so looking forward to this date.