Part 4

My Gorilla Co-Worker

Firstly thanks to my current and new subbies: aten_shaf , dokiiedokiie , loveless28  and riskakikukeko for reading my story. 

Also thanks to ItsmeJazz and riskakikukeko for upvoting my story.

To those who took time to leave a comment, i deeply appreciate your thoughts. Do comment and tell me what you think of the story. Once again thanks.

***********************************************************************************************************

YG Animal Sanctuary is now in chaos. One of their female dog is giving birth in the clinic right now with the help of vet Daniel Lee while the Sanctuary owner Gummy Park and head keeper Choi Seunghyun are anxiously waiting nearby. While Seunghyun is worried about the dog’s health, Gummy is worried about something else – the Sanctuary’s financial. It was running low on finance and Gummy is thinking of ways to bring in the cashflow but without letting go of any animals in her Sanctuary.

 

Seunghyun had to cough a few times to get his boss attentions. He knows what she is thinking and worrying about. “Sorry Tabi for spacing out. So how many puppies did she gave birth to?” Gummy said smilingly but Seunghyun knew better. “Six. We have 6 new additions to the family and I want you to stop worrying about it. We are going to get a grant for the chimpanzee project and everything will be okay.” Seunghyun tried to convince Gummy. Everytime when Tabi said those words, Gummy believed him and tells herself everything will be okay.

 

Meanwhile Dara Park is talking to the mirror in her bedroom. She is practicing her introduction to her new colleagues. Over and over again she smile and speaks to the mirror and soon she collapses on the bed. She was tired as she had less than six hours’ sleep since Friday evening. Dara had spend the weekend at Bom’s wedding. She had spend hours on Friday night till four in the morning to calm Bom’s wedding nerves and convince her that her husband-to-be will turn up for the ceremony. Bom had somehow convinced herself that flirting with the stripper during her hen night is cheating and than Siwon will call off the wedding. “Bom, flirting with a stripper on your hen night party is not wrong and doesn’t count as cheating.” Dara had said repeatedly. Saturday night had been taken up by the wedding itself and the after party continued till three in the morning. Then Dara had spend the next day catching up with her relatives who came for the wedding and now she is back in her own home preparing for the first day at her new workplace tomorrow.

 

When Dara went for interview as the Sanctuary’s new Manager, she had heard about Choi Seunghyun from the owner but during that time, Seunghyun or Tabi as Gummy affectionately calls him is on leave. From the way Gummy talk about Tabi, Dara had assume that Tabi is somewhat maybe around forty years old with beard (Dara had noticed that most men whom she worked with has beard so she gladly assume Tabi has one as well.) and quite set in his ways. Dara suspect that Tabi will perhaps be resentful that his new boss is a young female but Dara will not tolerate any snide remarks about that.

 

The next morning, Gummy had welcomed her happily at the entrance and had brought her around the Sanctuary. She introduced Dara to all the staffs at the Sanctuary and lastly Gummy had brought Dara to see Choi Seunghyun, her second-in-command at the Sanctuary. But all the time she spent smiling and practicing her introductions in front of the mirror will not prepare her for whom she will meet next.

 

Choi Seunghyun was at the pantry enjoying his morning coffee before starting work. Gummy had told him that his new boss will be starting work today. He almost choked on his coffee when Gummy walked in with his new boss. Seunghyun never managed to look at his new boss in the eyes and keep looking down.

 

Dara could not believe it. Just ten days earlier, the same man in front of her in the pantry had worn a gorilla mask and passed her a bottle of baby oil and asked her to rub it on his body. Never would she imagine that the stripper and her second-in-command at work are both the same person – Choi Seunghyun.