Part 8

My Gorilla Co-Worker

Firstly thanks to my current and new subbies: bratty21 and bern4moi for reading my story. 

Do comment and tell me what you think of the story.

Once again thanks. Hopefully you like the update and sorry if this update is boring.

**********************************************************************************************************

Dara POV

I stand up and walk to the bathroom to change clothes. Someone is going to get a earful of scolding for being careless today. I went to the store room, took my torchlight and batteries and throw them in the car before driving off at high speed since there is no vehicle on the road. I saw Seunghyun and some other staffs searching the bushes near the Sanctuary and parked my car nearby and alighted with my torchlight. I walked to Seunghyun and asked for an update.

 

Seunghyun POV

I looked around and I wonder how to report the situation to her for she looked so pissed. “Err.. Actually I’m not so sure how it happen. I was in the office doing some paperwork and decided to check all the enclosures as most of them have already left before I continue with my paperwork. I had noticed that orang-utan enclosure door is slightly open so I closed it and do a head-count and realized I’m short of one orang-utan in the enclosure. I called Ji-Eun and asked her if she had left the enclosure open and she confirmed she had locked it before leaving. I asked Ji-Eun to call the rest back to look for the missing orang-utan while I called you.” I saw her too a deep breathe and walked away from me. She took the torchlight from her car and started searching as well.

 

I knew we all are dead meat the moment we found the damn orang-utan and have to face her in the meeting room. I said a silent prayer and join them in the search. Not long after I heard one of the staff shouted that they had found the missing orang-utan. Seunghyun sigh in relief and asked the staffs to quickly bring the animal back to the Sanctuary. He knew its going to be a long day ahead for them.

 

**Back in the office**

 

All the staffs had gathering in the meeting room and all of them are feeling anxious as they have no idea what is going to happen to them. As all of them are deep in thoughts, Dara walked in with Gummy. Gummy took a seat, looked around the meeting room and sigh. “I’m disappointed this had happen but right now we should be thankful that the missing animal had been found safe and no one is injured. I want the person who had left the enclosure unlocked to admit their mistake now. I will also need them to write up and incident report and submit them to Dara. The staff will also receive a written warning.” Gummy looked around waiting for someone to admit their mistake. She turned to look at Dara who is fuming in anger and is staring at Ji-Eun who is in-charge of the Orang-utan enclosure.

 

Dara POV

I’m not surprised that no one wanted to admit their mistake. I keep looking at Ji-Eun who from the start till is staring at the floor. I have a gut feeling it’s Ji-Eun’s error as I have noticed her carelessness with the orang-utan enclosure lock system before. I can’t stand this silence anymore. Someone has to admit to their mistake. “Ji-Eun, you are in-charge of the enclosure. Did you make sure the enclosure of completely locked before you left?” Ji-Eun looked up at me shocked and fear obvious on her face and looked down again.

 

I saw Seunghyun raised up his hand and I looked at him in irritation. “Well, it’s not Ji-Eun’s fault. It’s mine.” Now I’m completely pissed as Seunghyun is trying to cover up for Ji-Eun. “Seunghyun-ssi, from what you reported to me earlier this morning, you were the one who found the enclosure unlocked and missing of one of it’s inhabitant. So now you are saying, you are the one who left it open, do you know how ridiculous it sounds? Are you trying to cover up for Ji-Eun?” I saw Seunghyun shake his head and looked down. Then I saw Eun-Yong, our temporary staff raised up his hand. “I’m sorry Miss Dara, it’s my fault. After Ji-Eun left, I entered the enclosure to do a final cleaning on the orang-utan enclourse and I’m not sure if I’ve locked it before leaving.”

 

My head hurts. They are backing each other up and I have a gut feeling the longer we stay in the meeting room, soon everybody will admit it’s their mistake. I looked at Gummy and she smiled. “Okay since everybody admit it’s their mistake, everybody will get a written warning and all of you will write up a incident report and submit it to Dara by tomorrow.” Gummy said her last warning before leaving the room.

 

I coughed to get their attention. “You all heard Gummy. I want to see those reports on my table by tomorrow. And please avoid this kind of error again. We can’t afford any scandal should any more animals escape. You are all dismissed.” I get up and left the room.

 

Seunghyun POV

I felt bad for Dara. I know she felt frustrated but I just can’t help it. I don’t want any of the staffs to get fired as I know all the animals have grown accustomed to their care-taker. So I told the rest of the staffs to continue with their work.

 

At the end of the day, I can’t help but to laugh when I heard Dara scream. I ran up to her and saw her sitting on the floor holding her working boots upside down with something dripping out. I looked closely and noticed that it was orang-utan’s poop. Someone had put the poop inside her working boots without her knowledge. She saw me laughing and threw the boots at me. “Ha! Ha! Ha! Its so funny Seunghyun! Now I wonder who did this?” Arghhh!!” I managed to avoid her dirty boots and went to get water to help her wash off the poop. Somehow to me she looked pretty when she is angry.