Chapter 20

Last Wish

Luhan POV

He doesn’t have much time left.

He has leukemia from his birth. He suffers everyday to continue his life. He always has a chance to live longer but he never wants it because it involves you. The doctor always said to him that he have a second chance if he wants to accept the new bone marrow but he just ignored it because he didn’t want you to get hurt during the process. He didn’t want you to know about his pain because he loves you.

“Why are you so kind, Sehun?” I stared at both of the necklace on the table in my room. I knew all of my friends already at the hospital but I still didn’t have any strength to go there yet.

Why, Sehun? Why do you care about me who never even think about you? WHY?!

“Luhan? Are you home?” My room’s door opened and my mum walked into my room.

“Mum.” I ran to her and hugged her as I can’t help myself and cry.

“What’s wrong?” She rubbed my back slowly as she dragged me to my bed and both of us sat at the edge of the bed.

“About Sehun. I know about it.” I muttered to her as she frowned at me.

“You know? Everything?”

“Yes. But, why didn’t anybody told me about his sickness?” I stared at her as she gulped.

“Luhan, we always want to tell you but Sehun never allow us to do so. He always said that he will never make anybody to worry about him especially you. He cares about you even though he never had a chance to know you better.” My mum stared to tear up as she shared what she held in her heart all the time. “Luhan, we give him everything he wants not because we love him more than you. It’s because we want him to forget about his pain and enjoy the life that he deserve. He didn’t deserve to live in pain like this; waiting for the death to take him. But, he never once complains anything about his unlucky life. Never.” She sobbed as I pulled her into a hug.

“Luhan, please make him happy even for once before it’s too late. He never feels the true happiness but he never show it to us because he didn’t want anybody to know his pain. So, please let him know the true happiness. Just once.” She continued.

“Mum, I will save him. I promise you that he will be happy forever.” I wiped my mum’s tears before I stood and took the necklaces which lay on the table. I ran downstairs and went to my car.

“Sehun, wait for me.”

At the hospital,

“Can we donate ours?” I heard Kris hyung asked as I arrived in front of the waiting room. I stood in front of the door for a while and listened to their conversation.

“You must do some test first to identified if they are suitable for him or not. But, it may take time.” The doctor explained.

“I’ll do it.” I pushed the door opened as all of the eyes landed on me.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” The doctor asked me.

“I’m his twin. I’m sure you don’t have to do many tests on me, right?” I walked closer to him.

“Of course, we just need to check your health. But, you look healthy to me.” He smiled.

“If that so, why don’t we do it now?” I suggested.

“Of course, please follow me.” He gestured me to follow him. But, when I turned to follow him, something stopped me.

“Luhan?” Haeri called me as I turned to face her. “Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, Haeri. I won’t make a second mistake to my own twin. I was the one who cause him this suffer, I won’t do it again. I will make everything right.” I said with a small smile as a tear escaped my eyes. I turned around and walked to the door before someone back-hugged me.

“Thank you.” Haeri whispered to me. I smiled as she loosed the hug and I turned to her.

“Don’t cry. I’ll make sure that your fiancé will be safe. I’ll kill him myself if he dare to leave you again.” I joked as she chuckled slowly. I wiped her tears as she nodded at me.

“Thank you again, Luhan.” She said as I walked to the door.

“Luhan! I’ll buy you a new car after you come out of the surgery room!” Suho hyung shouted as I chuckled.

“I’ll remember that, hyung.” I gave him a wink as I opened the door.

“We’ll give you everything you want, Luhan. For both of our maknae’s life.” Kris hyung shouted at me. I smiled as I walked to the hallway to the doctor’s office.

Before the operation,

I looked at my twin face who was on the bed next to me. His face seemed to be in peace but his face was so pale like there’s no blood flowing in it. My tears fell as I recalled everything that he had to gone through in this life.

“You won’t die little brother. I will make sure of that.” I whispered silently.

After the operation,

Haeri POV

“Both of them are fine. Don’t worry, they will be up soon.” The doctor told us as all of us sighed in relief.

“Can we meet them?” Kris asked.

“Sure. But, don’t wake them up. I’m informed that their grandparents will be here tonight, so both of them are placed in the same room.” The doctor smiled at us before he walked out the waiting room.

“Guys, it’s late. You can go home now. They’re fine. I can take care both of them until their grandparents come.” I suggested but they shook their head at me.

“No, it’s okay. We can stay with you.” Suho cut as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “We’re their friends too.”

“But, you will be tired for school tomorrow.” I looked at them Suho who just chuckled slowly.

“Ahh, school? I think they won’t mind us missing for a few days. Even weeks, right guys?” He winked at them as they smirked back. I just shook my head and laughed silently.

When I opened the door of their room, the first view that caught our eyes were both of them sleeping on their bed. Their face looked very peace causing us to smile at the view.

“They look young.” Baekhyun interrupted.

“They are younger than us.” Chanyeol smacked Baekhyun’s head as all of us laughed at their childish act.

Then, a whimper was heard causing all of us to stop laughing and looked at both of the figure in the room. Luckily, none of them awake but Luhan stirred in his sleep.

“Let’s go inside.” I said as I walked to Sehun’s bed and sat on the chair beside his bed. All of the other sat on the couches in the room. Well, their room is the first class room, so it’s quite big and elegant. Unknowingly, all of us fell asleep because of our tiredness.

Suddenly, I heard the door opened. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the door.

“Halabeoji? Halmeoni?” I blurted.

“Yes, Haeri. How are they?” Sehun’s grandmother asked me as they walked closer to their grandson’s bed.

“The doctor said they’re fine and they will wake up soon. We just need to hope that the bone marrow really work in Sehun’s body. If not, Luhan donate his bone marrow just for nothing.” I explained as they nodded slowly.

“Let’s just hope so. But, who are they?” Sehun’s grandfather asked as he pointed at the couches.

“Their friends. They’re good, don’t worry.” I smiled as I looked at them who were sleeping silently.


I'm sorry I can't update yesterday. I was quite busy yesterday, I'm sorry again. For today, maybe there will be another chapter. Maybe!!