For akira33

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

For akira33

Couple: Woogyu

Prompt: Woogyu want to write a fanfic


One story. He just wanted to write one story with his beloved. A story that would comfort one or the other, let that person feel less lonely while the other was gone. A story which they could share with others, tell their own story to others. A story to remember. That was it. 

Now any other person would like to take as many pictures as possible, since one picture says a thousand words as they say. This person was different. Kim Sungkyu, his name was. He was always known to be very different. His difference separated him from the others since he was born. He was a smart and studios boy. IQ beyond everyone else's. His heart and mind had always been in his books, till one special someone came in the picture. Nam Woohyun. Mood maker of the class, alongside Jang Dongwoo. Woohyun wasn't very much different from the rest, just that he was willing to talk to Sungkyu and listen to him. He was even willing to put up with Sungkyu's habit of correcting people's mistakes. Soon both fell for each other and later in the future, were bounded together by the kiss the shared after their vows at the cathedral. Now, that's a different story for another day.

Sungkyu wanted a story about him and Woohyun, however Woohyun was unwilling. Woohyun had rejected the request from Sungkyu the first time he asked. Woohyun claimed that the addition of another story to the 'Woogyu' tags section in the ever popular website 'asianfanfics' wouldn't make a difference, so why bother. Woohyun never liked doing things that he felt wouldn't make much difference, you see. Especially since he was a busy man, running a whole company himself. This is why Sungkyu normally doesn’t request any ‘useless’ things from Woohyun. However Sungkyu has kept this one request to himself so long, he couldn't help it. He wanted to write a meaningful story this time.

Not just one like all the other cliché romantic and mystery themed ones he's written, all of which people just seem to like, which he is not complaining about. Moreover, he wanted to do something he loved with his beloved for once, and that something is writing. 
That night, before bed, Sungkyu asked again. 

"Could you please write just one story with me about us..?" He asked in his usual soft voice, though it was more hesitant now. Woohyun looked at Sungkyu who was cuddled up against him in bed. Sungkyu seemed nervous, Woohyun noted. Woohyun clicked his tongue, slightly annoyed at the repeated question. Usually Sungkyu would give up on a certain question after it was shot down, after what had happened which Woohyun so terribly regretted when Sungkyu just kept pushing on.

"Gyu... I love you, but I just don't see the point in this. I'm getting very busy lately, so please? I don't want to... Be like that time.. So don't ask this again alright? Don't push further.." Woohyun told Sungkyu in an equally soft voice. Sungkyu sighed, disappointed.

"Hyunnie ah... I'm pushing on because I really want to write a story with you. I understand that you're busy, but can you at least promise me you will do it when you're not as busy?" Woohyun sat straight up, pushing Sungkyu off him.

"No means no! Why can't you accept it?" Woohyun yelled.

"Hyun...? Sorry.." Sungkyu whispered, moving away from his husband, afraid he might hit him again. Upon noticing that, Woohyun immediately felt guilty.

"I... Hyung please don't be afraid of me... I'm sorry... I... I will write that story with you hyung, when I'm less busy... Okay?" Woohyun said, hugging the elder.

The promise was never fulfilled. It has been months. Woohyun was steadily becoming less busy every day, but despite that Woohyun never wrote the story with Sungkyu. Sungkyu was getting disappointed. 'He probably forgot...' Sungkyu thought.
"Hyun..? You remember your promise?" Sungkyu asked. He was on the bed, sitting down and Woohyun had just entered the room.

"Pro... mise? What promise?" Woohyun inquired. He was wearing a confused expression. Sungkyu huffed.

"Never mind." He said.

"Um. If you say so..." Woohyun said, turning off the bedroom light and jumping onto the bed.

"Well then, Gyu hyung jalja." Woohyun faced Sungkyu, who was now lying down.

"Jalja..." 


After that night Sungkyu never brought the topic up again. He figured Woohyun would either blow off his top or forget, like previously. He had resumed his normal cliche stories, and sold many copies. His books became Seoul's number one best selling books, and he become a worldwide renowned author. Woohyun, on the other hand, released many new products. He gained many new investors, and achieved top in the marketing area. His products were loved by all, young and old, male and female. The two became richer in wealth; however there was a price that was paid for this success. Sungkyu and Woohyun had become distant. They still lived in the same house, yes, however Woohyun was still busy. Even at home, he would get calls from work for he was yet again working on another new product. This caused Sungkyu to drown himself in writing. He would spend hours writing a new stories in his study. The two still loved each other, they did. But they were distant. So close, yet so far.


3 years passed just like that. Sungkyu was 57, Woohyun was 55, though they somehow still had that handsome charm they both had 30 years ago. Woohyun has now found a successor to his company, and has now resigned and handed his job over to that person. After all, the couple have gotten enough money for the rest of their lives. Woohyun now began to take notice of a few tiny things Sungkyu has been doing for a very long time now. Sungkyu had been coughing a lot and always seemed tired. Whenever Woohyun asked about it, Sungkyu would say he's been writing a lot, even pulling all nighters, and had caught a small cold.

"Gyu hyung! You shouldn't be writing so much! It's not like you have to write, is it?" Woohyun told Sungkyu each and every day, but Sungkyu would say "No... I have to write; if not there would be not enough time..." And that would leave Woohyun confused. 

For days, the now very free Nam Woohyun would be laying down on the couch, wondering when Sungkyu would come out if his study, for Sungkyu comes out at unspecific times and also doesn't let Woohyun in. Woohyun would cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for Sungkyu, though the only time they would eat together was at breakfast before Sungkyu disappears into his study, coming out at times to use the bathroom or get his lunch and dinner, till late after Woohyun falls asleep on the couch, which would be when Sungkyu showers, moves Woohyun in a more comfortable position, pull a blanket over Woohyun then proceeds to sleep with Woohyun, but on thefloor instead since he felt weird sleeping without Woohyun by his side, or near him at least.

On one of those days, Woohyun, who was once again waiting on the couch, was thinking. He was thinking about what Sungkyu said.

'No... I have to write, if not there will not be enough time...' Sungkyu's voice said in his head. Why wouldn't there be enough time? Why? Woohyun thought for a while, he then remembered that Sungkyu had been coughing a lot, and had been really weak and tired.

'What if... No. It can't be, Gyu hyung is tired and weak because he's been writing a lot, and due to the overworking, stress and weariness he probably got sick... Yeah that's it. But why would there be no time...?' Woohyun stood up abruptly, now remembering the promise he made to Sungkyu years ago. He walked over to the door of the study.

"Gyu hyung? I need to talk to you." Woohyun yelled. Hearing nothing, Woohyun tried again.

"Sungkyu hyung? Can you come out?"

Now, there's a reply. "Hyun, I'm busy.. Umm we can talk after I'm done with this... In about a week?"  

Woohyun sighed. "What's so important about this that you have to write for so many hours? You're tiring yourself out! You're losing your sleep, and what's worse is you sleep on the ground just because I slept on the couch. Isn't it cold? And, you're sick aren't you?" Woohyun sighed again after a few minutes of silence. He ran his hand over his hair, then quickly grabbed his laptop and started typing something. His fingers typed swiftly, quickly. The clicking of the keyboard echoed throughout the silent living room. Whatever he was typing, he seemed to be in a hurry. 

One week later, Woohyun woke up to a somewhat delicious aroma. He sat up on his couch which might soon become his bed, and rubbed his eyes. He then walked over to the kitchen, to see Sungkyu cooking. He rubbed his eyes again, again, again. Sungkyu was still there cooking. "A-am I dreaming?" Woohyun stuttered, causing Sungkyu to jump then look over.

"No Hyun you're not." He said.

"Then, perhaps my lack of Sungkyu caused me to hallucinate?" Woohyun said as he walked over and leaned closer to Sungkyu. Sungkyu hit him lightly then kissed him.

"Hyun I'm really sorry. The book.. Was important. And you'll find out why soon." Sungkyu said before concentrating on the food again. Woohyun frowned.

'Is Gyu hyung's secret really what I thought it was..? If it were how could Gyu hyung say that so easily...'

"Anyway Hyunnie ah, here's breakfast." After taking one look at the food, Woohyun could assume that the man standing beside him is not Sungkyu.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Gyu hyung who can't cook and ends up burning the food?" Woohyun stood facing Sungkyu as he said that. Sungkyu pouted at that.

"So you're saying I'm a terrible chef?"

"No no of course not Gyu! Just... Inexperienced!" Woohyun quickly sat back down and started to eat his eggs. After one bite though, he could swear that that is indeed Kim Sungkyu whom he loves, for after that one bite, he could feel the whole world crashing down around him. 'Such a.... Peculiar taste as always...' Woohyun thought, and nearly fainted. 


During lunchtime, Woohyun insisted that he cooked this time around. Whilst he was cooking, he could hear Sungkyu coughing. He would look at Sungkyu from time to time and make sure he was alright. After he cooked the food, he brought them out to the table. As he put the food down, he noticed Sungkyu had his head on the table, eyes closed. "Gyu hyung? Time to eat." Woohyun said, shaking Sungkyu slightly. Sungkyu didn't move one bit. "Gyu? Are you asleep? It's time to eat. Gyu?" Woohyun shook Sungkyu a little harder this time, nothing. Fearing that the worst had happened, Woohyun cried a bit, shaking his beloved harder. "Gyu wake up. Please wake up? You're not.. Dead... Are you? You're not right? Please don't be dead.. I-I'm sorry I forgot the promise Gyu. Wake up please? We can write the story together now. So wake up Gyu, please?" Woohyun sobbed, begging and pleading for Sungkyu to wake up. He was on his knees now, too weak to stand. "Gyu?" He said one last time. 


Then, a slight movement got Woohyun to stand back up. Laughter, he heard. Sungkyu was laughing.. Woohyun was confused. "Gyu..? Why are you laughing? I thought you died!" Woohyun cried.

"Hyun... I was tricking you." Sungkyu smiled. He handed Woohyun a book, the one he'd been working on for weeks. "Happy birthday, it seems you've forgotten." Instead of taking the book, Woohyun simply stared at it. There was a moment of silence before Woohyun hugged Sungkyu, crying again.

"Gyu hyung how can you do this to me! I was really really worried! I thought, each time you said, not enough time, you meant you were going to die!" Sungkyu patted Woohyun on the back slowly and calmly.

"Hyun, I may be 57 years old but I'm as fit as a fiddle!" Sungkyu said before coughing a bit. "Well… Never mind that. Either way I would never leave you alone here!" Sungkyu said. Woohyun smiled.

"Hyung... I sort of wrote you a story too... Cause… I thought you were going to um… Never mind!" Woohyun ran to the bedroom to grab his laptop. He ran back out, opened to a site named Asianfanfics, and showed Sungkyu his story. "It's more of a fanfiction, I think." Woohyun said. "A fanfiction... Hyun, how about we write a fan fiction together?" Sungkyu suggested and Woohyun nodded, smiling. 


From now on, Woohyun never declined any of Sungkyu's requests ever again. He found out that life was so short; we have to treasure those you loved and spend as much time with them such that when they're gone, there would be no regrets.


Starlightspirit: This was so cute and different to what I expected! Still, this is adorable! ::3 Great work! <3


Comments