For Guppyfish

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

When I love

For Guppyfish

Pairing: A rare couple (author chose Hogyu)

Prompt:  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy,it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


The first time Sunggyu saw Howon it was on the first day at school as a teacher, the youngest was in the back of the classroom with his hands in his pocket and pretending to be listening to his friend.

“Good morning, everyone, my name is Kim Sunggyu and I'm the new teacher of literature" Sunggyu introduced himself with a smile, but realized Howon roll his eyes sarcastically and whisper something to his friend whhich drove him to hold his laugh.

Trying to ignore what he saw, the oldest proceeded with his lecture quietly, or better, almost quietly. He noticed Howon say something funny to his friend every time he said something and that was annoying him.

"Mr. Lee Howon, why don't you keep your jokes for the day of the test?”

 

The room was silent while everyone stared at Howon, the boy raised an eyebrow and gave a defiant smile to his teacher.

“Ok, in the test I will give for you the best jokes”

Sunggyu didn't expect that answer.

 

It didn't take long to Sunggyu see the result of Howon in the test, the boy had delivered the paper almost blank. If it weren't for stupid jokes he had written in one of the questions. The oldest didn't know why, but he felt the need to help him even though it would be a difficult task, the youngest had demonstrated a lack of interest by the studies and challenged any teacher who wanted to help him.

 

"Lee Howon? I tried to help him, but I have to warn you, give up." Some teachers warned when Sunggyu commented about the student.

After the signal rang indicating lunchtime, Sunggyu waited for all students leave the classroom, when Howon stood up to leave, he called him, and the boy looked at him with disdain before releasing a sigh.

"Woohyun you can go first, we'll meet in the cafeteria/" Woohyun just agreed and left quickly, he was feeling that when he saw the friend again he wouldn't be with a very happy face.

"I think you know the reason I called you" Sunggyu started "Your first test score wasn't good, so after schools you will wait here in the classroom for tutoring"

 

Howon dropped a low laugh, he had already lost count of how many teachers tried to help, but do they not understood that he didn't want that? He had already made your choices for the future and school wasn't in the plan.

"Never" was all that the young spoke, without waiting for an answer turned his back on Sunggyu.

"Do you like challenges?" Sunggyu asked when Howon was already at the door.

------

Howon had accepted the help of the teacher just because he was challenged and the boy hated being underestimated, he had always been competitive, he had like to win to show people around him never to doubt his ability.

 

If you are a real man will accept my help Sunggyu words repeated in his mind. When your tutoring began Howon hated to think he would have to stay late at school and bear the literature professor, he did not like him.

But over time he realized that he wasn't a bad person, Sunggyu was fun and great to have a conversation and didn't care about spending more time in school, he even longed for it, when there was no tutoring it felt weird to not spend time with the professor.

 

"You have improved enough Howon, I'm being called god for being able to tame the beast" Sunggyu said smiling at the youngest.

The two were sitting next to each other in the classroom, Sunggyu felt satisfied with himself, he had not only proved that the boy was a good person but also ended up creating a bond between them.

 

"Don't call me Howon, call me Hoya" the youngest one said making a smile appear on the teacher's face again. Hoya felt his ears start to get hot with shame, he didn't know why, but he wanted to believe it wasn't because of the smile of elder.

 

"We have finished for today, Hoya" Sunggyu felt happy, now he was sure he had got the confidence of Howon.

It took a while for Hoya realize that was in love with his teacher, he thought the way he began to look at Sunggyu was just your imagination, the way he blushed when the older smiled at him, it was even harder when Sunggyu was too close to be able to explain something that he didn't get.

 

The first time that the word handsome and Sunggyu were spoken in the same sentence in his thoughts Howon felt like hitting himself, but over time he couldn't deny it anymore, his teacher was really handsome and he finally accepted that he loved him.

 

When Howon found Sunggyu on the street one day along with a man who looked like a dinosaur – it was later discovered that his name was Dongwoo – a jealousy grew inside him, he wanted to grab the hand of his teacher and warn Dongwoo that Sunggyu belonged to him.

 

But there was nothing he could do, Sunggyu didn't belong to him and didn't even know if the older felt the same way and ended up accepting that he just wanted Sunggyu to be happy.

After a few months, Hoya had reached his limit, all the feelings he had for Sunggyu wer smothering him and one way or another wanted the eldest to know.

 

The two were in regular tutoring class, Sunggyu was sitting next to Howon explaining the exercises, the heart of the youngest was beating fast, so he didn't pay attention at what was said, his mind only cared about confessing his feelings.

 

Taking courage the boy leaned closer and joined his lips with Sunggyu's. The room was in complete silence, Hoya didn't want to open his eyes for fear of the reaction, but he also could not stay forever in that position.

 

The elder was the first to come back to their senses and get away, he was still trying to rationalize what had happened, the kiss came so unexpected that he became unresponsive, he couldn't look at Hoya eyes, he could feel all the blood in his body rush to his face that was burning.

 

On the other hand Hoya tried to find his voice again, he opened and closed his mouth but nothing came out, he looked for the words to say, to find any excuse he coul to end that uncomfortable atmosphere, but he knew he would regret it later.

 

“H-Hyung, I love you”

 

------

 

Since that kiss and the statement from Hoya, the two started acting weird, exchanged few words and Sunggyu tried hard not be so close to the boy.

 

Sunggyu couldn't deny that before the kiss happen his feelings for Howon were still confusing,but he just threw them aside thinking that it wasn't something to worry about, but after they kissed that whirlwind of feelings came back twice as strong and confusing.

 

God, he was 24 years old while the boy was 17, the relationship between them was only teacher and student, it wasn't right and however much he repeated it in your mind his heart thought otherwise

 

"Hyung" Hoya called taking Sunggyu out of his thoughts, "I'm leaving school."

"What?" He had heard what the youngest had spoken, but just asked to make sure he wasn't imagining things.

"My dream has always been to be a singer or dancer and the school isn't going to help me, so I decided to leave"

"But what about your parents?" Asked the older one, trying to find a way to argue against Howon's decision. 

"They accepted my choice, not willingly, but they accepted it." Hoya answered as he started to pack his school supplies away.

 

He had done everything so slowly with the hope of hearing the teacher's protests, but the place had been in a deep silence. 

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." A bit hesitant, Howon got up and walked to the door, he knew that he would never see Sunggyu again, but he had made his decision.

"Don't go" Sunggyu finally said, Hoya stopped halfway, younger's heart started beating very quickly that he could feel the tip of his ears throb.

"Give me one good reason."

"I don't want a silly boyfriend."

 

Those words came out so easily from the mouth of Sunggyu that  himself didn't believe it, Hoya widened his eyes not believing what he had heard, boyfriend, Kim Sunggyu had just call him his boyfriend.

 

"Repeat what you said" the boy spoke, approaching of the older that couldn't look in his eyes.

“D-don't pretend you didn't hear" Sunggyu muttered, embarrassed. 

And without losing time Hoya leaned to kiss Sunggyu, now without fear of the reaction of his teacher or any weirdness.

------

Some time had passed since the two started dating, but it didn't take long for the entire school to find out, pictures of the two together were scattered throughout the hallways and both had to endure what people were whispering to each other whenever they saw him.

"Do you know Sunggyu seonsaengnim is gay?"

"Lee Howon wasn't man after all"

"I hear it was abuse"

Gossip was scattered and distorted stories spread by students. At the end of classes and after they heard enough, Sunggyu and Hoya were called into the principal's Office.

"I will be very direct." The Director spoke with arms supported on his desk, "You two know that being in relationship is not right."

"Sunggyu is not guilty of anything" Hoya interrupted, irritated, he didn't want to be separated from his teacher, not when everything had started working out.

"But it's not what the press will show, the story will be told completely different, you and Sunggyu will be harmed." the Director countered, Hoya thought to answer it again, however Sunggyu prevented him holding his hand.

"What we can do?" Sunggyu asked the Director. 

"I will give to you two options Sir. Kim, break up with Howon and I will make it as if this confusion never happened and I will write a good letter of recommendation to another school or if you don't finish, I can't do anything"

 

Hoya felt his heart ache, he didn't want it to end like that, the oldest seemed quiet for that type of situation which left the boy more nauseous.

"Let's finish Hoya, is best for both of us"

----

 

it was some time they had finished and Sunggyu missed him so much, even crying on the shoulders of his best friend Dongwoo one night. Trying to reassure himself by saying that he had done the right thing for both of them, but he felt guilty for everything, he still remembered Hoya's face, incredulous when told to finish, he could still see the anger and the sadness in his eyes.

Lying on the couch of his tiny apartment, the TV on despite not paying attention to it, he was so absorbed in his thoughts when the bell rang he got a fright.

 

He looked at the clock on the wall and wondered who it would be at that time of night? Dropping a sigh, Sunggyu stood up expecting to find Dongwoo, but when he opened the door he was surprised when found Woohyun.

 

He didn't expect to find his former student, but he was reminded that Woohyun was the best friend of Hoya, maybe he was there to talk about him and without hesitation the eldest invited the boy into his apartment.

 

"You must know why I'm here"

"Is it about Hoya?"

The boy agreed, took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to ask for the help of the teacher. 

 

"He's been out of  himself lately, he is no longer the Hoya I know and he is thinking of dropping out of school and even giving up on his dreams." Woohyun said "Hyung, it's risky and it's not right, but you could go talk to him?"

------

Hoya was sitting in one of the small playground swings, remembering the days when he and Sunggyu dated, but the rain came unexpectedly and he had to hide under some of the toys to protect themselves.

 

"I hate you Kim Sunggyu" the boy whispered to himself, always saying that to try to convince himself that he really hated the eldest, but inside he knew that was impossible.

Hoya lowered his head and kicked the ground in frustration, before he felt someone sit on a swing at his side. He thought it was Woohyun, his friend had been so preoccupied with Howon. Despite Howon always saying he was fine, Woohyun knew him too well and knew that it was a lie.

 

"I already said that I will get better Woo." He said, already waiting to hear the protests of his friend. 

"And if I say I'm not Woohyun?"

Howon rose abruptly from the floor, he recognized this voice very well and when he turned to see who was actually there. Sunggyu. He didn't expect that, how he found him?

 

"G-Gyu" the boy mumbled, trying to say something more, but he was so surprised to see him again that couldn't formulate a decent sentence.

“I’m sorry Hoya” Sunggyu said stood up too and was now approaching Hoya. "I thought was the best for both of us, I was afraid to spoil your dreams, sorry for not explaining it to you better, you don't know how much I suffered so far without being able to see you."

 

"Hyung, wait for me" Hoya answered after recovering from shock "There is only a year until I can graduate school and then we can be together, just wait for me"

Sunggyu smiled and kissed him in response, he would wait no matter how long. Hoya was so happy that he didn't know what was feeling and didn't care if he died at that exact moment. 

 

"I'll wait, no matter what happens."


AN: Lol I don’t know if what you expect, but I tried my best, I hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas

StarlightSpirit: This is so beautiful. Poor Hogyu, but I hope they get a happy ending in a year. I love your way of writing as well, it's so simple and yet so beautiful! Great job, author :)


Comment from prompt giver:

I love this T T. Thank you so much. It's beautiful and I love the storyline and the way you incorporated the prompt into it. Thank you and MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO ^^