For jhengchie

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

Your Eyes Tell it all

For jhengchie

Prompt: “Your eyes tell it all”

Couple/Pairing: Myunggyu; Side!Wooya

Word Count: 1,799 words [I’m sorry. ;m;]


Sunggyu can see the look in Myungsoo’s eyes from when they were still in love, when they were happy and promised to never leave each other’s sides. Sunggyu’s heart aches at the look, his chest burns at it, screaming and yelling at him to just be with Myungsoo forever already, but he doesn't. Because he can’t. He doesn’t make any move to show Myungsoo that he, too, still loves him, and has never stopped – because their story had ended.

It had ended long ago.

 

--- -- -  -  Past

 

Sunggyu isn’t sure how it all began, but he remembers vaguely of a time when they hated every little thing about each other.

Sunggyu had hated how popular and rich Myungsoo was, how irritating he seemed without doing anything, how he looked, his hair, his nose, his fan girls – he hated Kim Myungsoo.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, had hated how Sunggyu had teeny eyes that were forever shut; how nerdy and lazy the older was, how Sunggyu hated him for no apparent reason which led to how everything the older did annoyed him – he hated everything about the existence known as Kim Sunggyu.

They used to sit together, courtesy of their friends Hoya and Woohyun dating. Although they hated each other, they put up [well, kind of] with each other for the sakes of their best friends. Sure, they could sit with anyone else - but their groups of friends sat together too. And so they had to stay in the group [because they hated being alone].

In the beginning, Sunggyu would get mad at Myungsoo all the time. He got mad at the younger for standing in his presence, got mad at the younger for being within a meter's radius from him, got mad at Myungsoo for talking or breathing or smiling or frowning. And Myungsoo would scowl at him in annoyance and find that everything Sunggyu did was irritatingly stupid.

But as time went on by, the insults thrown at each other became friendly jokes, and slowly, their tones hinted care.

The looks in their eyes changed, their gazes softened. They looked out for each other. Sunggyu knew something had changed, but he welcomed it, because the look in Myungsoo’s eyes, despite his permanent scowl directed at Sunggyu, showed true warmth and affection, and it made Sunggyu feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

 

Sunggyu isn't sure if the way they got together can be considered a confession. Someone had confessed to Sunggyu, and he wasn’t sure what to do. So he had turned to the first person he could think of – Myungsoo. The younger had snapped, yelled and had told Sunggyu untrue facts about the boy. The younger had this frantic, pained look in his orbs. And then there was a slip of the tongue.

"I'm way better than he is!" Myungsoo screamed out, eyes widening when he had realized what he had said, and his hand instantly over his mouth.

Sunggyu had blinked stupidly at him, staring at him with his usual small-eyed stare. The next thing he knew, he had thrown himself on Myungsoo, lips crashing on to the younger's, Myungsoo and Sunggyu both falling to the ground.

Their first kiss was shared under the shade of a large oak tree in the vast field of their school. Their first kiss was sweet and came as a surprise - to Myungsoo, at least. Even if their noses had awkwardly bumped, although it wasn't Sunggyu's or Myungsoo's first kiss, their first kiss together was one Sunggyu would never forget.

When they separated [reluctantly] Myungsoo had asked why. Sunggyu had smiled before leaning in again to peck Myungsoo’s lips.

 

“Can’t you read my eyes?"

But Myungsoo just had to ruin the moment by commenting on the size of Sunggyu’s eyes and how it was impossible to tell.

---

They were like a happily married couple for the rest of their high school days. They ignored the looks people gave them – as long as they were together, nothing would get to them - not that anything did happen since they had Sungjong, Woohyun and Hoya's protection. They ignored the Myungsoo-fangirls who wept over the relationship status and uality of their Ice Prince.

They were the happiest couple in the school, and not even Hoya and Woohyun could deny that.

---

Then university came. They went to the same university with both photography and music – Myungsoo went to the photography course while Sunggyu entered a music course.

Everything was going perfect – they showered each other with love, had their share of lovemaking, and made promises, with their pinkies entwined, of being together forever and growing old together.

 

But then Myungsoo dropped the bomb on Sunggyu.

“I’m leaving university.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened.

“I’m getting married.”

Sunggyu's mouth opened and closed repeatedly like a fish. "To who?"

“My parents' friend's daughter. Our business went bankrupt.”

Sunggyu searched Myungsoo’s eyes for a sign that he was telling a lie. He searched his face, looked at his lover’s body language – but there was none. But Sunggyu’s stubborn and was stubborn, so he managed a weak laugh because this had to be a joke.

“You’re screwing with me right?” Sunggyu asked, voice cracking, “Because this isn’t funny at all.”

Myungsoo’s stoic face winced a little. “Sunggyu…”

Sunggyu wasn’t aware of when tears started falling from his eyes. “Because you said we’d be together forever."

"Gyu."

"You said you wouldn't leave me for anything, not even if the world was falling apart."

"Gyu." The younger put more strength into his voice.

"You said-"

"Kim Sunggyu!" Myungsoo exploded.

Sunggyu blinked, tears stopping for only a second before he started trembling with sobs. Myungsoo's eyes widened. He stretched his arms out, wanting to hold his boyfriend, wanting to comfort him, wanting to bury his nose into the older's hair and breathe his sweet scent in. But Sunggyu slapped Myungsoo's outstretched limbs away.

The older buried the heels of his hands into his eyes, willing himself to stop crying. It took him a while to, and Myungsoo had stayed where he was.

"Let's run away together then," Sunggyu finally managed, his voice shaking and weak.

Myungsoo's eyes bulged out. He looked like he was considering, but he shook his head a second later. "I can't."

"Why not?" the older asked in a whisper. There was a different meaning to his question.

And Myungsoo easily picked it up. Am I not important to you? Am I not worth it? "My parents need me."

There was Sunggyu's answer. My parents are worth more than you are. He bit his lip and nodded sadly, eyes glued to the concrete before his feet, letting out a heavy breath. Of course his parents would be more important. "Okay."

Sunggyu had willed himself not to cry again, not to turn back as he walked away from his lover - no, his ex.

 

"I'm sorry, Gyu," he heard Myungsoo say. "You're important to me too, but my parents raised me."

Sunggyu smiled bitterly as he felt another tear drop from his eye. Of course Sunggyu knew that.

 

Myungsoo was no longer his, and would never be. After all, Myungsoo was getting married.

Guess promises were made to never be kept.

---

Sunggyu lifelessly surfed the channels on the television, eyes void of emotion, still quite puffy from crying. He dug the spoon into the tub of ice cream in his lap and shoved the large scoop into his mouth. Then he saw Myungsoo on the television, smiling, although it was forced.

"Bae Suzy, the daughter of the CEO of 00 Corps, got married to Kim Myungsoo, the son of Ms.Bae's - or now, Mrs.Kim's - father's friend..."

"So this is just how rich she is," Sunggyu muttered. "It's on TV. On ing TV."

Then his thoughts were blocked out as his eyes zeroed in on his one and only love. He stared at the other's face on the television, examining it like he always had before. He found signs of longing [to get out, maybe], fatigue and... regret. His eyes traveled to the bride, and he could see they were a perfect couple. A perfect match.

Woohyun popped out of nowhere and Sunggyu heard the quick padding of feet on carpet before his face was turned away from the screen.

"They're so perfect, Hyun," he mumbled into the fabric of his best friend's shirt. "They're so perfect."

Woohyun rubbed soothing circles into the older's back, whispering that it would be okay, that they're actually not perfect, that Myungsoo best fitted Sunggyu.

"But they're so perfect," Sunggyu whimpered. "Myungsoo fits her. Anyone would be an idiot if they said otherwise - you included. She's rich and female and pretty."

Woohyun continued trying to comfort him, although he knew it was useless.

"She's female," Sunggyu whined, Woohyun's shirt. "She doesn't have a ."

Woohyun seemed shocked, as he stopped moving. Then he cleared his throat and continued calming Sunggyu down.

He had expected the older to say something stupid again, but this time he was answered with sobs and the front of his shirt was drenched.

---

It was five months after Myungsoo got married that Sunggyu finally left the house. He walked alone, hoping to be maybe murdered or get hit by a car or even just die of a heart attack.

Whatever it was, he didn't care - just as long as he was put out of his misery.

But what happened wasn't any of that. In fact, it could be considered something very fortunate.

Kim Sunggyu was scouted.

"I work for 000 Entertainment," the woman said, holding out a card to him. "I'd like to see-"

But Sunggyu was already running away because it could be a fraud.

But he was caught anyway. And he realized that it wasn't a fraud, but a real company and a real scout.

 

--- -- -  -   Present

 

Sunggyu sees Suzy behind Myungsoo, squealing in meeting the Kim Sunggyu, the rookie idol who shot to fame within a month of his debut. It’s only normal to be fangirling in his presence. Besides, Suzy’s young.

Sunggyu offers her a small smile before he turns away from them, not even acknowledging Myungsoo's presence, pretending he's just another passerby. Instead, he pays attention to his fans, waving at them, letting them take his picture.

Then he feels a hand on his shoulder. And he knows that hand.

He turns back, staring Myungsoo in the eye with his best poker face. He forces a sweet smile. "Can I help you?"

But Myungsoo knows better.

 

"Don't act like that. Your eyes tell it all. So do mine."

 

And Sunggyu's walls fall apart as he feels the tears he thought had already run out well in his eyes again.


A/N: “And Suzy wonders what the hell is going on.” YEAYYY I LET YOU MAKE YOUR ENDINGS. Although it kinda points to ‘Sunggyu goes back to Myungsoo but wait Myungsoo’s still married what is this what’. ;3; I really hate this fic. Omg. The horrid. I flee now. Also, don’t hate on L because this is Sunggyu’s point of view so of course he’s going to degrade himself by making Myungsoo crueler in his thoughts. Did that even make sense? Oh well. I’ll shut up now.

 

StarlightSpirit: okay guys, y'all are killing me with these bipolar feels. Fluff to angst to this and back to fluff and I'm like... wut. I don't know how to feel anymore. This fic is like, bittersweet and full of hope and sadness and you write so beautifully, author! <3

Comment by prompt giver:

Anyway. I do ship myungsoo with dasom.. bit suzy is ok here ^^

It's angst yes... i need that angst and it can really be expounded... the open ended story gives room for my sappy myunggyu deprived mind to come up with an ending lol

Goood work authornim ^^