For M1Chan

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*
Fiction
 
"Even today, I’m in the story of you and I that hasn’t ended still, in fiction."
 
For M1Chan
Pairing: Yadong
Prompt: Yadong have an affair at school
 
-Howon's POV-
 
[A/n: Howon- Dongwoo conversations/dialogues are what’s written on the diary. Dongwoo’s italicized. At the last part, Dongwoo’s dialogues aren’t italicized anymore.]
 
I entered the abandoned hallway, looking over my shoulder once in a while to check that I was indeed alone. Not that I needed though, but just to be sure. It was Monday; first period and I ditched. But I didn't care. As long as I was able to talk to him then it was fine.
 
The abandoned hallway. It was a hallway on the third floor of the school's left wing. It was believed that a ghost stayed there that was why no one ever bothered to go there. Even the teachers were scared to hold classes in the classrooms along that corridor.
 
But not me.
 
I could spend a whole day there if I wanted to, but then he would scold me and send me to class.
               
I pressed that certain part of the wall that I knew by heart and waited for the compartment to open. When it did, I squealed and took out the small notebook hidden inside the said compartment.
 
A diary.
 
I sat on  the floor, my back against wall and flipped the pages, smiling as I read our past conversations. When I finally found a clean page, I started writing.
 
"Hi hyung!" I wrote. A moment later, I saw scribbling under the greeting I wrote.
 
"YAH! You ditched again? How many times do I have to tell you not to ditch your classes?"
 
I chuckled. I told you he’d scold me. I wrote again on the diary.
 
"But I wanted to talk to you."
 
"I know. But you could've just waited for your break."
 
I could imagine him laughing at me and that made me smile. Yep. I was talking to a ghost through a diary. His diary. Jang Dongwoo. The resident ghost of Seoul University's third floor of the left wing.
 
My ghost boyfriend.
 
It was hard at first, being in love and in a relationship with a ghost. I haven't even seen him. I've only seen him through old pictures. But he was fun to talk to, and I liked it.
 
I was busy thinking about him that I didn't notice he replied.
 
"Yah Howonah, you're spacing out. Again."
 
I blushed but then wrote, "Sorry hyung. Was thinking about you."
 
It was weird, I know but somehow I could feel him blushing from my statement. But it was true though. I really was thinking about him.
 
"Another reason hyung, why I wanted to see you earlier than usual is because I wanted to ask you something."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Do you know what day it is today?"
 
"I don't know. The eighth?"
 
Seriously? He did not know what today is?
 
“And what happens during the eighth?”
 
“I don’t know, our monthsary?”
 
“Our month- you remembered!”
 
I could feel him laughing at me. Again.
 
“Ugh hyung stop laughing!”
 
“Sorry. You were just so cute.”
 
I told you he was laughing. Wait, did he just call me cute?
 
“Besides, how can I forget?”
 
“I don’t know. I just thought you forgot.” I could feel someone ruffling my hair and I assumed it was him.
 
We’ve been going out for six months now. Like I said, at first it was hard to date a dead person. Everyone would think you were weird. I mean, who wouldn’t? The one you were dating wasn’t alive anymore. Plus he’s a guy. Yes, I’m gay. And I’m sure homophobics were scattered all around the university. What would they think of me when they find out that I was gay and was dating a dead guy?
 
They would think I went insane.
 
But maybe I did.
 
I had no one to tell about my relationship with Dongwoo hyung.
 
But then I met this group of students, all sophomore - though two are younger than me when it came to age – who were all open-minded about my situation because well, four of them were dating and they were all guys. They accepted me for who I was and my relationship with Dongwoo hyung.
 
Wait. I was drifting away again.
 
I looked at the diary and true enough, I drifted away again because Dongwoo hyung wrote,
 
“A penny for your thoughts?”
 
I smiled. “I was thinking about the guys. And we don’t use pennies, stupid.”
 
My head started hurting so I assumed that Dongwoo hyung had hit me.
 
“Did you just hit me?”
 
“J” This guy was seriously so cute. I can’t believe that he was older than me.
 
I was about to ask him something when the bell for second period rang. I heard scribbling and saw Dongwoo’s handwriting on the diary.
 
“Don’t you dare [emphasis on the ‘dare’] ditch second period. I won’t talk to you If you skip your classes again. If you do, I will break up with you.”
 
I was about to laugh at him when he wrote again.
 
“I’m serious.”
 
Now I knew he wasn’t joking so I better follow.
 
“Yes mother.” I wrote.
 
“^_^” I imagined him laughing at me and I felt someone patting my head so I guessed it was him.
 
“Good boy. See you at lunch!”
 
“See you hyung. Love you.”
 
“I love you too.”
 
I smiled and hid the diary again.
 
-----

 
My English class was boring. I swear. The only thing keeping me from falling asleep was the fact that Dongwoo hyung would dump if I did.
 
I stared at the clock, waiting for it to strike twelve. It was currently 11:58 in the morning and lunch was in two minutes. Ugh. Time, faster please.
 
11:59.
 
60 seconds more.
 
God will you please make my teacher shut up?
 
55 seconds.
 
I really wanted to spend time with Dongwoo hyung. I groaned and then put my head on my arms – which were crossed on the desk.
 
“Is there a problem, Mr. Lee?” My head snapped up when I heard my teacher direct that question to me.
 
“Nothing, sir.” Yes sir, there is a problem. You are so boring.
 
“Well then, since you seem like you don’t have any interests in this class, why don’t you translate this sentence?” He pointed at the board and I smirked. That was easy.
 
“Even today, I’m in the story of you and I that hasn’t ended still, in fiction.”
 
“Very good.” The bell rang. Finally. “Class dismissed.”
 
I quickly gathered my things and ran outside the classroom. On my way out the building, I bumped into Sungjong, causing him to fall.
 
“Whoa hyung, what’s the rush?” he asked as I helped him up.
 
“Dongwoo hyung,” I answered simply.
 
“Oh right,” Sungjong laughed. “Oh and by the way, happy monthsary. Tell him I said hi.” He winked and walked away.
 
I smiled. “Will do.” In our group, Infinite, I was closest to Sungjong. Probably because he was the first one to believe that I was friends with a ghost.
 
I entered the building and quickly climbed up the stairs. When I reached the hallway, I pressed that certain part of the wall and the compartment opened. I took out the diary and started writing.
 
“Hi hyung!”
 
A moment later I received his reply.
 
“See, you could survive your classes.”
 
“Are you kidding me? If it weren’t for you threatening to dump me I would have fallen asleep or stayed here.”
 
“Is it really that bad?”
 
“Yes. Sungjong says hi, by the way.”
 
I can feel him laughing. “ Tell him I said hi as well. Aren’t you going to eat?”
 
That was then that I realized that I was hungry. I smiled sheepishly and took out a sandwich from my bag.
 
“Hyung,” I wrote.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Do you remember when we first met?”
 
-----
 
I first discovered this certain corridor when I first entered this university seven months ago. I was wandering on my own during lunch period and unconsciously stumbled upon this dark hallway. It was eerily dark, even though it was noon. I felt the wall for a light switch, but instead pushed a small part of a wall that opened a kind of panel. Hidden on that panel was a diary.
Out of curiosity I took the diary and flipped it open. On the front page was a name: Jang Dongwoo. I flipped the pages but found that there were no entries. It was completely empty. I suddenly felt cold. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I felt someone watching me. I looked at all directions and found no one, so I shrugged it off.
 
I was intrigued by this diary and I didn’t even know why. As if moving on their own accord, my hand took my ballpen and started writing.

 
“Hello.”
 
What happened after had me scared less.
 
“Hi there!”
 
I mean, what the hell right? Diaries couldn’t write on their own.
 
“What the hell? How are you doing that?”
 
“I’m inside the diary so I can do whatever I want. I’m Jang Dongwoo by the way. What’s your name?”
 
 
Was this seriously happening? No, I must be crazy. This diary couldn’t possibly be talking to me, right?
 
“Hey, you still there?
 
Oh well, what the heck.
 
“Lee Howon.”
 
“Hi Howon! Nice to meet you!”
 
You know that feeling when you read something full of emotion – in my case it was too bright? Too happy- you could practically hear the one speaking? It was weird.
 
“So how are you doing that?”  I decided to talk the diary. Dongwoo seemed nice. And besides, this was intriguing. And weird. But cool.
“You’re new, aren’t you?”
 
I frowned. “How’d you know?”
 
“-chuckles-“ He seriously wrote ‘chuckles’. This guy seriously is something.  “Everyone knows about me.”
 
“Care to share?”
 
“They call me the resident ghost of Seoul University's third floor of the left wing.”
 
“Why are you still here then?”
 
“I don’t actually know.”  I found his answer cute. “Tell me, Howon, how old are you?”
 
“I’m twenty.”
 
“Really? I’m twenty-two!”
 
“What? You’re so young!”
 
He then proceeded to tell me how on his second year he was often bullied and committed suicide. He then decided that he wasn’t ready to die yet, and was placed at the school.
 
He started getting lonelier because now everyone was afraid of the ghost on the third floor. He decided that he would just trap himself inside the diary, that way no one would see him and be afraid of him.
 
But that didn’t work.
 
No one ever bothered to go to the third floor. So he just hid the diary and waited for a brave soul to find it and have the courage to talk to him.
 
Which was me.
 
 
 
It has been a week since I first encountered the diary and was already friends with Dongwoo. Since I was sort of socially awkward, I didn’t have any friends. So, my only friend then was a ghost.
 
But I didn’t care.
 
Dongwoo hyung was super friendly and nice. I found out that he was a dancer when he was alive, but people ignored that and continued to bully him. Which was sad. He used dancing to relieve his stress, his anger; but as time passed by, it didn’t work anymore.
 
Also, he was gay.
 
Another reason for him to be bullied, sadly.
 
He has showed me pictures of him however, and to be honest, he was gorgeous. I mean, how can people bully him? They must’ve been blind then. The lean body, light brown eyes, plump pouty lips, sharp jaw-god that jaw- he was perfect. I once joked that if he was alive,
I would date him. He just laughed it off though.
 
As days passed by, I found myself having a tiny crush on hyung. It was just a small admiration though, maybe because I liked his company; he was my only friend then, and he was really beautiful.
 
I started skipping some minor classes, spending time with him in the corridor. He would scold me though, saying that I have to attend my classes. He would often threaten me about ignoring me if I skipped. Even though I knew he would never do that, I would still follow him because I knew that it made him happy.
 
I found myself falling for hyung. I don’t even know how it started; it was out of nowhere I guess. But I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. I once asked him if I could bring the diary to my classes but he refused, saying that it’ll be a distraction. I didn’t want him to be mad at me or anything so I obeyed.
 
After a month, I really couldn’t contain my feelings anymore. Call me crazy, but I fell in love with a ghost.
Hard.
 
“Hyung,” I wrote one lunch time. I was munching on my sandwich then.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I know you’ll be mad, maybe even pissed or angry. I also know that by saying this might result to our friendship being broken. But I can’t hide anymore. If I don’t tell you soon, I might explode! Hyung what I want to say is-“
I never got the chance to finish because he cut me off.
 
“You like me.”
 
How did he know? Was I that obvious? I was staring at the diary, unmoving. I didn’t know what to write, what to say.
 
“I do.”
 
That was it. He wasn’t writing anymore. Our friendship was gone. Went down the drain.
I felt my heart breaking into pieces. I took his silence as a rejection. I felt tears welling up but I didn’t let them fall.
 
“I’m sorry hyung. I understand if you don’t want to be my friend anymore. I’m so-“
 
Again I was cut off by him.
 
“I like you too.”
 
My heart stopped beating. Was this for real?
 
“Really?”
 
“-nods-“
 
That was the happiest day of my life. My friend, the love of my life, liked me back. HE
ING LIKED ME BACK.
 
“Then hyung, will you be my boyfriend?”
 
It was completely weird, asking a ghost out, but what the hell.
 
“I’m sure you know I’m a ghost, right?”
 
“Yes, I’m fully aware. But I don’t care.”
 
“Well neither do I.”
 
“I’ll take that as a yes, then.”
 
-----
 
“How can I forget?”
 
“Hyung,”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Don’t you think it’s time to actually show yourself to me? I mean, we’ve been dating for
more than half a year now, the least you could do is show yourself.”
 
I don’t know, Hobaby. I don’t know how you’d react if you see me.”
 
“Please hyung, I’m dating a ghost for purple’s sake. I think I could very much handle actually
seeing my boyfriend.”
 
Are you sure?”
 
“Very.”
 
Suddenly, it became colder. I could see fog appear out of nowhere, and smoke materializing. After that, standing in front of me, was the most beautiful ghost one would ever see.
 
It was him.
 
I could finally see him.
 
And I swear I fell for him a million times more.
 
“Don’t look at me like that.”
 
What he said made me realize that I was gawking at him. I composed myself but seriously.
He was so damn gorgeous. Even his voice was gorgeous. Not too high, not to low. Eargasm.
UGH.
 
“Sorry hyung, but ohmygod.” Even in his ghost – translucent – form, I could see him blush.
 
“Here I am,” he said. “What do you think?”
 
“What I think? I think, how could people bully you? You’re hot!”
 
“Stop it with the compliments dammit.”
 
I laughed at him. I gestured for him to sit next to me in which he complied. I couldn’t stop
staring at him. He was too beautiful.
 
“Aren’t you going to eat that?” He pointed to my long forgotten sandwich that I was holding.
I smiled at him then took a bite.

 
“Hyung why didn’t you show yourself to me earlier?”
 
“I was afraid you’d be scared of me.”
 
“Seriously?” I laughed. “How could I be scared of you?”
 
He shrugged. Comfortable silence accompanied us as minutes passed by. What he did next
was unexpected.
 
He kissed me on the cheek. And then the lips.
 
He kissed me.
 
I was staring at him wide-eyed, mouth agape. He was smiling at me, causing his eyes to turn
into crescent moons. Seeing my face, he laughed at me.
 
That laugh.
 
Like him it was beautiful. I now like his laugh as well.
 
He then placed his head on my shoulder. “I love you Howon.”
 
When he did that, and the kisses, I swear it was as if a real human being did that to me. It
was as if Dongwoo hyung was real. Was alive.
 
And I liked it.
 
“I love you too hyung.”
 
 
A/n: I’m sorry that this totally weird and rushed and just plain weird but I still hope you like it, whoever you are! I really had difficulty thinking of a scenario that wasn’t clichéd and I came up with this. I still hope you like it!
 
StarlightSpirit: THIS. WAS. EPIC! Omg, so worth the wait for this one! I don't even read Yadong that much but this is like one of the greatest things that I have ever read and wow this was so awesome and how did you get THAT from THAT prompt and okay where did my punctuation go? *FANGIRLS*