For WhereTheAngelsFly

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

For WhereTheAngelsFly

Couple: Myunggyu

Prompt: In the winter season, Myungsoo falls sick and Sunggyu takes care of him. 


The sun slowly rose above the horizon, signaling the start of a new day. The birth of Jesus, Christmas. Sunggyu wondered what he was doing to be out in the cold, biting morning. Snow has enveloped the landscape in its mesmerizing white beauty, yet it was surprisingly lonely. The brunette pulled his coat closer to his frame, the puffy white cheeks soaked in a faint layer of pink as his lips breathe out small misty breaths. In his heart, desolation and despair took hold. Sunggyu contemplated if he should be feeling this way on a Christmas day, a day when he finally took time off to spend with his precious family. 

He couldn’t sleep. Not when all he could think of was the memories of another, and all he wanted was to relish the warm and strong embrace nearly two weeks ago, how the hypnotizing voice chanted his name over and over again and the pleasure brought about by his very love. 

And all he could think about was the betrayal. He felt betrayed, used and all those feelings of love pushed him deep into the cold depths of nothingness. It was inane, to even think of Myungsoo loving him. It was all a mistake. They were drunk and mistakes always happen when they drank too much.

Sunggyu felt a wave of tears willing to break through. His so called best friend disappeared completely from his life from that fateful day. No good mornings from his bedside, no trace of any calls. There was no way he could contact Myungsoo, even when all he wanted was to apologise, because all Sunggyu could think of was how Myungsoo regretted ing an undeserving person like him. The fact that Myungsoo was avoiding him on purpose broke his heart even more. Their- his love was worth nothing and his confession on that day just showed him this unspeakable truth.

The brunette composed himself, before making his way back to the small apartment where his mother and sister lives. There is no point wallowing in self pity, and he did not want his mother and sister to start questioning his mood. He was sure they noticed something off yesterday during the dinner, but Sunggyu was good at masking his emotions.

The soft ringtone of Nell rang across the small garden. Sunggyu pushed his gloved hands into the coat pocket and pulled out his phone, the ringing sound getting louder as it was no longer muffed by the thick coat. The lean male gasped softly at the caller shown on the phone.

Myung

He didn’t want to believe it. He didn’t want to believe that Myungsoo was calling him, after a whole two weeks of avoidance. Sunggyu stoned there for a good thirty seconds, until he was sure the ringing was going to stop, he pressed the call button.

“Hello…” Sunggyu’s voice was small and timid to his ears. He didn’t dare to hope and his mind was conjuring up all kinds of negative situations of how Myungsoo wants to end their friendship once and for all.

“Gyu,” That one word nearly had Sunggyu sobbing, because it almost seemed like a whole ing year since he heard that nickname, and mothers doesn’t count.

“Gyu?” There it was again, the husky voice he missed so much. And Sunggyu didn’t know how to respond. What was he going to say? That he was an for ignoring Sunggyu completely? Or to ask whether, whether they could still be friends?

Myungsoo on the other end of the call seemed not nearly unfazed by the silence. But he continued slowly.

“Can you come?” His voice hinted at a sense of desperation.

“Where…” Sunggyu responded involuntarily.

“My house.”

“O…Okay” 

“Thank you. Gyu-ah” Before the line was cut off.

Sunggyu looked at his phone with an unbelievable expression before wiping his cheeks with his hands. He didn’t realize he’s been crying until he felt some stinging coldness on his cheeks. The brunette sniffed a little, before muttering to himself, “I’m pathetic.” 

He knew that he could never refuse Myungsoo, not after he’s broken his heart so thoroughly and disappeared from Sunggyu’s world after the incident. The love was too deep, and he values their friendship too much to reject Myungsoo anything. Anything. It was pathetic.

He reached Myungsoo’s house quickly. A small mansion with a small garden and a swimming pool. Myungsoo was rich and Sunggyu’s been to Myungsoo’s house countless times, but since that day, he knew he wasn’t invited. 

Today was different. The gate to the mansion opened automatically when Sunggyu arrived, unlike the past few times when he tried to visit (the gate remained stiffly closed). It felt like a long time since he stepped into the house which once seemed like a second home. It felt menacingly hostile this time.

Sunggyu awkwardly knocked at the door, anticipating slightly for the younger male. But after waiting for a few moments, no one came to the door. The brunette’s heart dropped. Perhaps Myungsoo was just leading him on. Perhaps he’s not at home. Perhaps he didn’t want to see him after all. Perhaps-

Sunggyu twisted the door knob amidst his wave of depressing thoughts and was surprised to see the door opening immediately. However, much to his unsettlement, he was greeted with the sight of Myungsoo sprawled on the couch, face pale and hair in disarray. It seemed as though the dark-haired male had some troubles breathing, as he was panting slightly with his mouth open. Worry took over and all the queries the brunette had in his mind was forgotten. Sunggyu immediately rushed to the younger’s side and felt his forehead. 

A fever.

Without words, Sunggyu pushed Myungsoo upright on the couch and helped the younger male up with an arm slung around his shoulders. Myungsoo became slightly awake as he pushed himself onto his two feet.

“Gyu? You came…” The voice was weak and husky and Sunggyu suspected of a sore throat. How did he not realize it over the phone just now? 

“You’re sick.” Sunggyu responded with a concerned voice as they made their way into the master bedroom, the brunette pushing the younger onto the king-sized bed and pulling the thick duvet over him.  

“Take your temperature.” Sunggyu said as he stuffed a thermometer down Myungsoo’s mouth. He knew where all the medical supplies were kept, because after all, he was not the best friend for nothing. 

“I’ll call Doctor Nam to see you.” Sunggyu responded softly, getting hold of the thermometer after the ‘beep’ sound. “Thirty-nine degrees Celsius, how could you be so careless?”

“No!” The sick male protested, “No…no, he’ll give me an injection. I don’t want that.” It was as if the younger was whining for sweets and Sunggyu could not help but break a smile as he wondered how the fever affected the normally composed male so much.

“I just…I just need you to stay with me, Gyu. I miss you.” Myungsoo continued as he grabbed hold of Sunggyu’s smaller hands. Sunggyu wondered how much of it Myungsoo will regret after his fever was down. It could be back to ignoring him, but the brunette could not give his heart to refuse, not when Myungsoo was so sick and vulnerable lying on the bed. 

“I’ll stay with you for the time being, but if the fever gets worse, I’m calling the doctor.” The brunette replied with a stern voice.

 

Sunggyu made sure that Myungsoo was thoroughly tucked in his bed, before making his way into the kitchen to make some porridge. He wondered if the younger had eaten anything decent at all since yesterday. Myungsoo always allow all his maids servants to go back to their home a few days before Christmas to spend time with their families. The dark-haired male would then spend Christmas at his parent’s or with Sunggyu. It seemed that it was neither this year, and Sunggyu was feeling slightly depressed at this thought.  

As expected, the kitchen was exceptionally clean except for a few dust gathered on the kitchen table. No one had touched it for some time. Sunggyu huffed a little at the fact that the younger had no thoughts of self preservation. How long had he not eaten anything? He must be starving! 

The porridge was cooking, and Sunggyu collected a basin of cold water and a new towel before making his way to the bedroom. It seemed that the younger was in a deep sleep. 

Sunggyu soaked the towel and placed it sleeping male’s forehead, watching him stir a little at the cold sensation. Myungsoo became slightly awake, as his cold hand immediately reached for Sunggyu’s warmer one and pulled it underneath the blanket, intertwining both hands together. Sunggyu could not help but feel a warmth bubbling in his stomach as pinkness spread on his cheeks. 

He was sure Myungsoo was seeking for comfort unintentionally, but was unsure how much of it he would remember when he’s recovered. It pained his heart to know that he could only be with the younger at this point in time.

A few hours later, Sunggyu brought a piping hot bowl of porridge into the room. He scooped a small spoonful and blew on it gently, before sending it into the younger’s mouth who was half awake. The brunette chuckled a little at the slightly uncomfortable face of the younger, as he knew the porridge was still hot. 

The medication pills were given after the meal, and Sunggyu had to coax the younger for a whole five minutes before Myungsoo agreed to take the fluid medicine for his sore throat. Apparently, the medicine was exceptionally bitter as it was effective. 

Drowsiness soon kicked in, but Myungsoo was trying to resist the sleep for as long as he could. He wanted to stay awake and treasure every moment he had with the elder, before Sunggyu left him after the day was over. 

It’s been two weeks since he’d seen his precious best friend and he missed Sunggyu so much. He took nearly two weeks to think about their relationship, before coming to the conclusion that he needed-no he loved Sunggyu. 

When he woke up that day to see the beautiful brunette lying beside him , he became afraid. Afraid of his desire to ravish the sleeping beauty beside him, afraid of what they would become. But the two weeks of solitary made him want nothing but to hold Sunggyu in his arms and make love to him again and again. He wanted Sunggyu to know how precious the elder is to him and how he would protect the brunette at all cost. 

Myungsoo felt almost cowardly to let Sunggyu see him like this, all ill and weak. But it was only at this point in time the younger could gather up the courage to call his best friend. He felt extremely lonely as he recalled the past Christmas he had spent with Sunggyu, the sadness drowning him till he fell to negligence and sickness. 

Myungsoo’s heart clenched as he felt a cold palm on his forehead, before a wet, icy cloth was placed on where the hand lingered. 

Sunggyu felt Myungsoo’s hand searching for his again after he placed the towel on the younger’s feverish forehead. Myungsoo placed a slight, fleeting kiss on the brunette’s fingers, much to the surprise of the older male, and pressed Sunggyu’s palm over his chest. 

“Don’t leave…” Myungsoo murmured, “Don’t leave me ever again.” The rest of the sentence was reduced to a slur, but Sunggyu could still make out the meaning.

“Look who’s talking.” Sunggyu whispered, a few tears stinging on his cheeks. Myungsoo would probably remember what he’s said, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t regret his words. 

The rest of the day was spent in a blur, with Sunggyu using the rest of the time to change the towels, taking temperatures and cleaning the house (slightly). He fell into a restless sleep on the massive couch in the living room, exhausted from the day’s event and the emotional insecurities he went through. 

The brunette missed the shuffling in the room, a warm hand threading through his brown locks and the whispered words, “I love you, Gyu. I really do.” 


AN: Sorry I made Myungsoo seem like a jerk here. It’s hard for me to write 2k words with just that prompt, so I had to insert some kind of plot here! Hope it’s not too angsty and I gave a somewhat happy? ending. I hope you will like this story! Merry Christmas everyone!

StarlightSpirit: This was absolutely fantastic! I adore how we got to see Myungsoo's feeling too, so he didn't seem like too much of a jerk. I really enjoyed this, so much! Gyu <3


Comment from prompt giver:

YAY!!!! THANK YOU TO WHO WROTE THIS I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! I love Myunggyu's relationship and how you took the prompt!! Thank you so much! Merry christmas to you too! 


I haven't had the time to comment on every single fic but they are all so good, they made me cry and laugh and fall over into a puddle of feels. 

And now I'm going to send my fic in... been too busy to do that but now I really want to!! :D