For Mandm3

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

For Mandm3

Pairing: Hoya x Any (author chose )

Prompt: "All Hoya ever wanted was for him to say these three words; I love you"


Hoya leaned against the window and watched as the snowflake falls slowly down to the ground. It’s the time of the year again, the time that everyone loves, the time when everyone receives gifts from their loved ones: Christmas. Hoya pondered to himself, he had never felt satisfied with his gifts that he received, and his bratty thoughts started flying. But what was it that he really wanted for Christmas?
 
“Hoya!”
Hoya turned around to see his roommate jumping into his room.
 
“It’s snowing outside!” he said joyfully.
 
Dongwoo, Hoya’s roommate, always got excited whenever he sees snow. Despite being his roommate for a few months, Hoya knew Dongwoo almost from head to toe.
 
“Let’s go outside, shall we?” Dongwoo asked.
 
Hoya nodded agreeing, and the two went off together.
The two of them stood together, staring up into the sky, watching tiny and fragile snowflakes drop on them. A snowflake landed on Dongwoo’s nose and it tickled, making Dongwoo sneeze. Hoya giggled seeing how Dongwoo looked like a child doing that.
 
“It’s cold... Let’s go back in...” Dongwoo shivered.
 
--
 
“Achtchoo!” Dongwoo sneezed again.
 
It looked like Dongwoo caught a cold by going out to watch the snow... without proper winter clothes. Hoya slowly patted the warm damp cloth onto Dongwoo’s forehead as he lay down on the mattress.
 
“What have I told you before about wearing proper winter clothes before going outdoors in this weather?” Hoya nagged like a mother.
 
“Don’t be my mother, please...” Dongwoo pleaded sheepishly.
 
--
 
Later that day... Dongwoo was already fast asleep after taking medication, Hoya sat next to Dongwoo’s mattress, doing his holiday assignments.
 
Describe the formation of a waterfall
 
Geography. Hoya was very focused with trying to finish his assignments quickly in order to take care of Dongwoo. That was when the light suddenly went off.  The heater also got switched off, and the dormitory was cold. Very cold. Hoya shivered and he didn’t know what to do. He got worried for Dongwoo. He then rushed to Dongwoo and quickly layered more blankets from his own bed on top of Dongwoo to keep him warm. Hoya touched Dongwoo again, his skin still felt a little warm, but it felt really good. It was warm and cosy and Hoya wanted to snuggle next to Dongwoo.
 
Hoya then heard a vibration which came from his phone. It was a text message from another friend in the dormitory, “The power will be back on soon! Leave it to me! Just don’t worry, alright?”
 
Hoya was relieved that the power would be back soon. He felt tired, and hence he decided to sleep next to Dongwoo, who was warm enough to probably last the whole night. Hoya slowly snuck himself into the blankets and he held Dongwoo close to him. He felt his face feeling a little warm; perhaps he was blushing as he felt a little awkward sleeping together with Dongwoo. The two of them had separate beds, and all the blankets from Hoya’s bed were all on Dongwoo’s bed... But after a few minutes of being with Dongwoo on the bed, he came to a conclusion that he liked it, as Dongwoo made Hoya feel safe and secure. His eyelids became heavy from fatigue and it slowly closed as he fell asleep.

--
 
The following day…
 
“Hey, Sungjong! Where’s Dongwoo?” Hoya asked, but Sungjong shrugged, not knowing where Dongwoo went.
 
“Did Dongwoo tell you where he went?” Sungjong asked back, and Hoya shook his head. Hoya got worried where Dongwoo went. Especially if Dongwoo just recovered from his cold…
 
Hoya looked everywhere in the dormitory, with no sight of Dongwoo nor any of the other roommates knowing about Dongwoo’s whereabouts.
What if Dongwoo fainted halfway? What if he needed me and I wasn’t there? Hoya panicked as many questions started flying everywhere.
The last thing Hoya wanted to do was to open the main dormitory door to search outside, but he did... And then…
 
“Arghhh!” Hoya bumped into someone.
 
“Hoya! Where are you going in such a rush?!”
 
Hoya looked up to see Dongwoo right in front of his eyes.
 
“Jang Dongwoo! Do you have any idea how worried am I?” Hoya scolded.
 
“See? You’re turning into my mother...!” Dongwoo teased.
 
“I was just worried...” Hoya scratched his head embarrassingly, blushing.
 
“Worried..? I thought you always had been a bratty person, who never gets concerned for anyone but yourself...?” Dongwoo said, as he sat down and laid a box he was holding onto the table.
 
“Who says so?” Hoya pouted.
 
“Well... Sungyeol told me you didn’t keep any of the gifts that Sunggyu and Woohyun gave you the last Christmas...” Dongwoo said, opening the box.
 
“Well... I...” Hoya paused to see what was inside the box. “What’s that...?”
 
Dongwoo slowly lifted what was in the box, a log cake, “Christmas is coming soon... Also, this is just to show my appreciation for taking care of me when I was sick from the cold snowy day...”
 
Hoya looked at the cake in awe; he never received anything like this before. He only remembered receiving small gifts that he never kept eventually, and this cake was probably the biggest gift he received so far.

 
Dongwoo stood up and was about to leave for his room.
 
“Hey! Where’re you going?” Hoya stopped him.
 
“I need to shower...” Dongwoo said.
 
“Oh...” Hoya said. “Make sure the water’s warm before you bathe...”
 
“Yeah yeah... You’re being my mother, again!” Dongwoo said, and he left to his room.
 
Hoya thought to himself, he felt different; he felt like a different person has taken over him. Why does he feel this way with Dongwoo? After pondering for a while... He realised, perhaps he’s in love with Dongwoo.
 
Christmas is coming soon. And he knows what he wants to Christmas.

 
 
Christmas day had come. The two of them gathered together below the Christmas tree in the dormitory. Hoya felt like he was a child all over again, getting ready to see if he’s in the naughty or nice list and what gifts he’ll expect. Hoya was obviously in the naughty list as he was never satisfied with his gifts. But perhaps, this year may be different as it will be the first year he’ll spending Christmas with someone special. Hoya looked down at the tiny gift box he was holding, getting ready to give it to Dongwoo.
 
“Merry Christmas, Dongwoo!” Hoya said, as he handed the tiny gift box to Dongwoo.
 
“Uhmm...” Dongwoo got a bit panicky. “But... How can I accept this...? If I don’t have anything to give you back as a Christmas gift?”
 
“Why not?” Hoya asked.
 
“I was bringing the gift from the shop today before coming here, but a bicycle bumped into me by accident and the gift landed into the river...” Dongwoo said, embarrassingly. “I couldn’t retrieve back the gift, and I was out of time...”
 
Hoya gently shoved the gift into Dongwoo’s hands, “You can keep it... It’s alright...”
 
“Huh?” Dongwoo got shocked that Hoya did not act bratty towards him.
 
“I just have one wish for Christmas this year...” Hoya said.
 
Hoya stared into Dongwoo’s eyes intensely, with passion and love. He knew that this what he wanted. Dongwoo was probably the only person that can change him, and that is one special person to Hoya’s life. Hoya knows that Dongwoo is the one for him and he knows that there is no turning back. A gift that he would want, and would not leave him unsatisfied: A chance to tell his special someone: I love you.

 
“You may be shocked at this... But I have feelings for you...” Hoya said, going closer towards Dongwoo.
 
“Feelings...? Like friendship feelings...?” Dongwoo asked, confused.
 
“No... What I mean is...” Hoya paused. “I love you...”
 
Dongwoo was shocked his hands froze, dropping the gift box on the floor.
 
“Ohh...” Hoya felt disappointed. He felt like Dongwo did not accept his confession. That would leave him with another unsatisfied....
 
“How do you know that...” Dongwoo paused. “I felt the same way too?”
 
“What?” Hoya was shocked too. “You too...?”
 
“Ever since I laid my eyes on you a few months back... I had this feeling... And I knew it was love...” Dongwoo said. “I was just waiting for the right time to confess...”
 
“But I had to confess first...” Hoya smiled mischievously and he laughed teasingly at Dongwoo.
 
“Here comes bratty Hoya again...” Dongwoo said.
 
“Nah... I am just joking haha...” Hoya laughed.
 
“So...”
 
“Anyways, Merry Christmas, Dongwoo!” Hoya said, and he hugged Dongwoo.
 
Dongwoo got taken aback by Hoya’s actions. Hoya is acting a little different than he usually is... But he likes it. This was the one that he wanted.
 
“Merry Christmas too, Hoya...” Dongwoo hugged back.
Hoya had never felt this satisfied in his life, and especially for Christmas... This was truly what he wanted for Christmas, and he’d not asked for anything more.
StarlightSpirit: As a Physical & Environmental Geography student myself (yes, I am doing a degree on rocks and trees) I just giggled seeing the 'Describe the formation of a waterfall'. I'm an idiot. Anyway, onto the actual fic xD Bratty!Hoya is the bet so I love this and it was so fluffy and sweet. i love the scene where Hoya was laying next to Dongwoo on the bed when Dongwoo was ill :3 Great job, author!

Comment from prompt giver:

Thanks for much author-nim!!!! I love this so much, it was so sweet and fluffy and adorable, it was amazing! Thanks so much for writing, happy holidays!