For DivineDionne

~Infinite Secret Santa 2013~ *Santas Revealed!*

For DivineDionne

Pairing: Myungyeol

Prompt: Someday your prince charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. - Okay, I guess from the quote above I want my fic to a bit of a romcom type of story. It doesn't have to set in a the oldies time frame (you can take a modern twist to it) but if you CAN manage it then all the better. But it's really up to you. Most RomComs end in happily ever afters...I challenge the writer not to that but you know, give it a nice twist in the end something that's not dark but leaves the reader hanging but if the story seems to be heading to the happy ending then it's still okay with me :)

A/N: THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO TURN OUT AS CRACK AND I COMPLETELY VEERED OFF THE PROMPT I'M SO SORRY.
Most nights, it’s just the three of them, and Sungyeol likes it that way—prefers it that way— since their trio fits together like a tessellation, a well-oiled machine, because Sunggyu comes up with the plans and issues orders and Woohyun influences most of them, much to Sunggyu’s discontent, and Sungyeol just follows. He doesn’t mind opting to just follow and obey inasmuch as it’s uncomplicated and undemanding and there’s no hassle to worry about the residents of the manor waking suddenly or having to look out for the others. In fact, he knows —and Sunggyu knows and Woohyun knows— that if there’s the slightest chance of being caught, Sungyeol would abandon either of them without hesitation. He would never sell them out unless his life depended on it, but Sungyeol’s half a coward, his mantra is to survive.

 
Sunggyu never recruits, he’s usually tight-lipped—unless he’s conferring with Woohyun, sometimes so much that Sungyeol briefly wonders if they’re plotting against him— and he would never once consider allowing a fourth to change their trio, but as Sungyeol stands there skeptically, a frown gracing his countenance, he receives a rude awakening in the form of a dark-haired boy shrouded in black, sporting an identical cloth to the rest of them around the bottom half of his face, and Woohyun’s hand on his shoulder.

 
Myungsoo,” Woohyun introduces, and Sungyeol’s mood spirals.

 
By some means, Woohyun had somehow succeeded in persuading Sunggyu to change his policy—how, Sungyeol doesn’t know, all he knows is the immense inequity he feels at the blatant favoritism, Sunggyu doesn’t ever permit Sungyeol to even take anything extra from the estates they visit, no matter how small, or even fool around in the gisaeng houses in the shady district of Yangdong, and he allows Woohyun to keep a person.

 
I’m not keeping him per se,” Woohyun says, glee dancing in the light of his expression at Sungyeol’s resentment, Sungyeol’s displeasure, Sungyeol’s unhappiness, “I understand why you’re angry though,” he smiles, “We all know you want to have someone who’s always available,” and Sungyeol snorted—he would.

 
Therefore their trio became a quartet —they went from a triangle to a square, he bemoans— and Sungyeol doesn’t let it bother him too much anymore, but his trust still amounts to very little when applied to the dark-haired Myungsoo, who at first glance had looked rather promising, elliptical eyes and chiseled visage, but upon a closer observation, Sungyeol saw the childlike animation flickering beneath the mystery and the way his fingers were restless, fidgety, ringing of nervousness and excitement, and Sungyeol does not approve.

 
He can't exactly voice his complaint though. Woohyun takes care of him for the most part, so Sungyeol doesn't find anything particularly unsatisfactory about the new addition. Myungsoo isn't lazy, or arrogant, or disloyal —unlike you, Sunggyu remarks— but that doesn't mean Sungyeol has to like him. Especially when Myungsoo seems to be only in it for Woohyun, and it's not Myungsoo's puppy crush on Woohyun that bothers Sungyeol —because he could hardly concern himself less with the boy that intruded on his life— it's the fact that Woohyun harbors nothing towards Myungsoo.

 
It consumes Sungyeol's thoughts whenever he catches Myungsoo hovering near Woohyun, fingers twitching anxiously and bright eyes, while the other almost disregards him three-fourths of the time, and Sungyeol thinks Myungsoo must be extremely stupid —or extremely patient— because he doesn't need magical powers or a mind-reader to be able to tell that Woohyun thinks Myungsoo is like a pet dog and Myungsoo thinks Woohyun is akin to a god.

 
Sungyeol's not sure how much longer he can take Myungsoo's kicked puppy expression and the nervous fingers and hopeful eyes and even Woohyun is getting on his nerves —if that's not a viable reason to get rid of Myungsoo, Sungyeol doesn't know what would cure his contempt. Sometimes, when he wakes in the middle of the night, the warm body of the girl curled up next to him doesn't bring the least bit of gratification, and he'll scale the wall out his window into the darkness outside, wandering aimlessly —not even inclined to drop by any of the more grandiose manors— and plot all the various ways he could rid Myungsoo of them forever. Sungyeol would kill the boy, but Woohyun would do the same to him in turn —Myungsoo is a loyal lapdog after all. It's what Sungyeol believes, up until the night where everything goes wrong.





 
This isn't even a difficult raid, and Sungyeol finds himself out of the royal official's chamber within a matter of twenty minutes, so he waits alone for the other three, crouched on the smooth tiles of the roof, and tightening the leather belt around his waist. One moment, he's adjusting the blade concealed in his boot and the next, there are pinpricks of light coming down the cobblestone streets, and shouts in the distance. The quick glimpse from his vantage point confirms it, and Sungyeol flies off the edge, landing harder and louder than he usually would have, but none of that matters right now because Woohyun and Sunggyu are still inside.

 
He goes tearing into the estate, reminding himself that the situation only calls for him to ditch the others if it's hopeless as he darts from one vacant room to the next, barely able to keep silent —where the hell are Sunggyu and Woohyun?— and then yells are coming from much closer than before reach his ears.

 
"Prince!"

 
"Crown Prince!"

 
Good gods, he balls his hands up in exasperation —couldn't the Prince find a better night to play hooky?— tension strung so tight that he emits an uncharacteristically high-pitched squeal when he barrels into a solid body, a hand is slapped over his mouth, and he finds himself facing Myungsoo's terrified eyes for a long moment before he pries the cold fingers away from his face.

 
"Where are the other two?" Myungsoo whispers, warm breath brushing Sungyeol's cheek, and he takes a sparing step back, conscience plucking away at the insides of him —he'd forgotten all about Myungsoo in his panic.

 
"I don't know," Sungyeol says, but the calls from outside the walls are audible even within the estate now, there's no point in finding Sunggyu or Woohyun anymore, and if Sungyeol doesn't want to be found, he'd better cut his losses. "Let's go," he beckons at Myungsoo, who remains rooted to the spot, still with that puny, scared expression plastered to his features, and Sungyeol thinks the handsome face is wasted on someone like him.

 
"Hurry up," he hisses, hands yanking none too gently on Myungsoo's tunic when he doesn't respond, "Move or die!"

 
A particularly harsh jerk gets Myungsoo stumbling forward and Sungyeol locks his fingers around the boy's skinny wrist, pulling insistently as he finds his way through the dark, retracing his steps. It's useless to be quiet now, not with all the ruckus the king's men are making outside, so Sungyeol pays no heed to his loud footsteps and Myungsoo knocking into things behind him —why did Woohyun choose him, of all people? He has the coordination of a baby duck.

 
They make it out into the courtyard, Myungsoo wincing in his vice-like grip, in time to see a figure in black surrounded by a good number of guards, and Sungyeol's shoving Myungsoo as hard as he can, to the back entrance, less the guards spot them, but Myungsoo stands stock still once again, horrified eyes staring straight at Woohyun struggling the midst of the men, and there's no point in trying to help Woohyun—

 
"Prince!"

 
Sungyeol doesn't have to be a genius to see what direction all the eyes are looking, and the buried resentment resurfaces in his the pit of his stomach as comprehension dawns clear as morning. He deftly clefts Myungsoo in the jaw, and there's barely a second of realization on Myungsoo's face before he collapses, and Sungyeol hauls him over one shoulder —he's not surprisingly lightweight— sprinting to an exit while the uproar begins behind him.





 
Myungsoo chokes on the cold water Sungyeol douses in his face, brought back to consciousness with his arms restrained and disarmed. He meekly looks up at Sungyeol's furious countenance a mere inch away, and inaudibly swallows, fingers moving habitually out of nervousness. He looks like a cornered rabbit, and Sungyeol may be disloyal but he’s not without a sense of camaraderie, and Woohyun is gone

 
"You're the Crown Prince." It's a statement, not a question, and Myungsoo looks fearful anyways, and Sungyeol really wonders if Myungsoo is ever not afraid, because it really grinds on his gears for some indescribable reason, maybe it's the prospect that someone like him would lead people one day. Sungyeol kicks Myungsoo's chair leg out of annoyance —and frustration, Sunggyu isn't back yet, undoubtedly he'd gone after Woohyun— and Myungsoo visibly jerks in fright.

 
"Stop," Sungyeol demands, "You're pathetic, I'm not going to murder you, for 's sake, do I look like an idiot?"

 
Myungsoo mumbles something incoherent that sounds suspiciously like yes, but Sungyeol decides not to blow up for once. His priority to free Woohyun, not terrorize Myungsoo —though the mutinous look on the Prince's face looks like he's doing exactly that— and screaming at Myungsoo won't help anything progress.

 
"Is the King after us?" Sungyeol asks brusquely, fingers curling around the collar of Myungsoo's black garb, "Is that why you're here? And why you fooled Woohyun?"

 
Myungsoo squirms in his hold, suddenly defiant in his words, but his eyes are still focused on the wooden pallets of the floor, and Sungyeol almost hears his pulse quickening, "Of course not, my father doesn't concern himself with people like you."

 
"Your father," Sungyeol repeats, ridicule in his voice, and Myungsoo looks angry, it's a welcome change from the endless number of cowed expressions he constantly wears. "Then this is all your fault, isn't it?"

 
Sungyeol feels so, so stupid, he should've known, in retrospect, from the moment Woohyun walked in on day one with a hand on Myungsoo's shoulder —where had he even found Myungsoo, Sungyeol never even bothered to ask, he'd blindly taken Woohyun's word for it— and now Woohyun's been captured.

 
"How does Woohyun know you?" He suddenly pulls a little too hard on the fabric in his fist and Myungsoo lurches forward with a yelp, and gets pulled upright immediately. "How did you meet him?" Sungyeol shakes him, "Did you sleep with him or something?"

 
Myungsoo gapes, "No— I would never—"

 
"Then how did you convince him to let you stay? I hardly think he's the one that blackmailed you."

 
"I didn't do anything!" Myungsoo insists, face flushing and eyes watering —from anger, most likely— and Sungyeol narrows his eyes, skeptically, while Myungsoo hurries to explain, "I met him one day when I caught him pickpocketing—"

 
That sounds like Woohyun, Sungyeol thinks, but he's not that careless, and the only other explanation Sungyeol can call to mind is Myungsoo's twitchy fingers and hopeful eyes. "You like him, don't you?" He says, and Myungsoo blanches. "That's the only reason you're here, I knew it. Look what you've done," Sungyeol gets right up in his face, and he practically cowers, but the rope around his wrists don't allow him to. "You've ing ruined all of us—"

 
Myungsoo leans forward all of a sudden, pressing his lips to Sungyeol's, and Sungyeol nearly pisses himself while Myungsoo kisses him, but then he regains his senses and forces him off with a push to the chest, and Myungsoo blares pink.

 
"Oh my god," Sungyeol shrieks, and any other time he might've compelled himself to stop making those awful unmanly squeaks, but it's not the time, "Oh my god, you're a piece of work," he swipes his mouth on his sleeve and Myungsoo has the audacity to look hurt —the same hurt look he gives Woohyun, and it bowls Sungyeol over.

 
"The Prince is a ," is what comes out of Sungyeol's mouth, and the look on Myungsoo's face is first menacing one Sungyeol's ever seen on him.

 
"Can we go get Woohyun back?" Myungsoo says stiffly, and the current situation returns, as do the anger and betrayal he feels —though he probably shouldn't feel any— and Sungyeol backs up from the restrained Prince, the inside of his mind in a complete turmoil.

 
"I'll go bring Woohyun back," Sungyeol corrects, eyes dark and conflicted, itching to evacuate the room that holds Myungsoo. "And we'll talk about this when I do." He jerks a finger to his lips, and shuts the door on Myungsoo's embarrassed face.
StarlightSpirit: I want a sequel now because I feel like this deserves one! I love everything about this, especially that the prince Myungsoo is hanging round with a bunch of rogues and your way with words is amazing! Sequel? <3