Little Help

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

|| Chapter Six ||


If you were a person sitting at a small café and saw Kim Jongin at the corner of the café, fidgeting and biting his nails, your first thought would that he would have been a drug addict or probably drunk and experiencing withdrawal symptoms. But Jongin was neither, rather he just lacked the eight hours of sleep the body needed.

A small tinkle of the bell at the entrance brings Jongin out of his fidgeting as he looks up and sees Sehun walking towards him. Sehun was a handsome guy and every female (and some males) in the café saw it. He was wearing a light pink polo that blended greatly with his pale skin; he was also wearing skinny jeans that were hugging his toned legs impossibly tight.

“Sehun!” Jongin called out as Sehun turned around and saw Jongin. He nodded and went towards Jongin with a small smile but it quickly disappears as he takes in Jongin’s appearance. He was wearing gray sweatpants with a black hooded sweater, and with the dark colors along with his eye bags he looked like he was about to ready to plant mushrooms at the corner of the room. [0]

“Jesus Christ!” Sehun shouted softly as he slid in the seat in front of Jongin. “Is it laundry day today? Or did I just miss the wear-ugly-clothes day celebration?”

Jongin frowned as he looked down at his clothes. “I always wear these clothes!”

“Yeah, when we’re having dance practice!”

Jongin rolled his eyes and shook his head. “I feel comfortable, that’s all that matters.”

“What matters is that you look like you’ve been smoking drugs or something!” Sehun commented as he stared at Jongin’s heavy eye bags. His eyes widened when he saw the eye bags underneath his eyes and every sensor in Sehun went into alarm. “Oh, Jongin…Oh Jongin, Jongin.”

“What?” Jongin said as he looked at himself in concern, “Did I forget to wear pants again?”

Sehun ignored him and leaned forward so only the two of them could hear. “Is this about you coming out of the closet? Jongin…drugs is not the answer.”

Jongin sighed. “Sehun…”

“Does your father disapprove? It’s okay, we can get through this.”

“I’M NOT GAY!” Jongin exploded, glaring at Sehun. The light giggles that reached his ears made his anger dissipate as he turned to two girls, snickering towards his direction. “Really, I’m not.” Jongin clarified, making the girls giggle louder. He placed his best smile on for the two as he shook his head and turned to Sehun who was holding in his laugh.

“And I’m not doing drugs,” Jongin hissed out.

“Then why do you look like the freakin Grim Reaper?” Sehun asked as Jongin combed his hands through his hair, trying his best to form a way to explain it to Sehun. Knowing full well that it would take some time for him to convince Sehun what the letters were.

“I…I had a late night and I…couldn’t sleep.”

“Ew,” Sehun made a face. “Look, buddy I know we’re best friends and all that but what and probably immoral things you do at night and with who is none of my concern and business. And frankly, I just don’t want that image to stick in my brain, y’know?”

“Wha—? No, I…” Jongin heavily blushed as he glared. “Would you just listen? It’s about those letters I found.”

Received, letters you’ve received, try it with me now.”

“Received, found, whatever! Those letters…they’re scaring me—to the point where I couldn’t sleep at night.”

Sehun bit his lower lips and stared at Jongin. “It this going to be like that movie Sinister [1]? Because Jongin if you find that those letters point out to murders, you send them to the police okay?”

Jongin shook his head and reached into his pocket. He held out the opened envelope and placed it on the table between them. Sehun picked it up and examined it.

“This is the letter?”

“The second one,”

Sehun nodded and turned the envelope and his eyes widened. “November 8, 2013? But isn’t that…”

“Impossible because that’s a year from now? Is that the sentence you were looking for?”

Sehun looked up from the letter and stared at Jongin. He shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Someone is probably pranking you right now and you’re gullible enough to believe it.”

“That’s what I thought to,” Jongin said as he took the envelope from Sehun’s hands. He took out the letter and shoved it in Sehun’s hands. “Read it.”

“Why?”

“Just…just humor me okay? Read it and tell me what you think.”

Sehun stared at Jongin but decided to go along. He nodded and started to read the letter. Jongin waited patiently as Sehun’s eyes moved from one end of the letter to another, watching for any response. When Sehun was done, he placed the letter down and looked up at Jongin.

“…It’s your house.”

“I knew it!” Jongin shouted, his voice a bit shaky. “Two floors, white front door, the attic?! It’s my house!”

“Yeah…yeah well it’s your house alright. But this doesn’t prove anything.” 

“Sehun he…or she was planning to place the letters near the grandfather clock beneath the small window! That’s where I found the box of letters! The exact same spot!”

“So? It just proves that your pranker committed a break-in in your house. Jongin, you’re being played.”

“Really now?” Jongin raised an eyebrow and leaned back in his chair. “The only person who could commit a prank like this is you for revenge because of the time I shoved your favorite underwear down my pants [2]. And unless you have a secret twin you’ve been hiding, I don’t see anyone else could have committed it.” 

“Could be your parents,”

Jongin stared at Sehun blankly. “Sehun my parents think that a monkey wearing a suit is funny.”

“Hey, that’s a little funny.”

“Sehun!”

“Alright, alright,” Sehun sighed as he bit his lower lip, thinking. “Okay, let’s just say, I’m not saying that is true, that yeah those letters were from the future. How is that even possible?! How can a bunch of letters just whisk themselves a year before they were written?!”

“You’re the brains, you figure it out.”

Sehun took a deep breath and exhaled. “Okay, have you read all of the letters?”

“No,” Jongin shook his head as he reached into his pocket once again and produced three letters. “But I brought three letters with me. I thought we could read it together.”

“Why bring three? Why not just bring all?” Sehun asked as he took the three letters into his hands.

“Wouldn’t it be suspicious if I walked out of the house with the box in my hands?”

“Trust me, the box is the last thing you need to worry about when it comes to looking suspicious.” Sehun commented as he stared at Jongin’s outfit. Jongin merely ignored him and turned the three envelopes on their backs.

“And I brought this three because they were right after the second letter and they were all written on the same day. See? November 11, 2013.”

“Right,” Sehun nodded and took the first letter. “Then shall we start reading?”


|| Little Help ||


 

 

Footnotes

[0] If you guys have seen Ouran High School Host Club (anime), you’ll probably remember that Tamaki used to plant mushrooms at the corner of the room as dark clouds hung over his head whenever he was feeling sad or when Haruhi didn’t acknowledge the fact that he was her “father”. For those who don’t know the plot, go google it. Who knows? I might convert you into otakus, haha :D But there is a live action if you prefer it (but I don’t recommend it because they murdered everyone’s appearance, I swear.)

 

[1] WARNING: SPOILERS OF THE MOVIE SINISTER. DO NOT READ IF YOU’RE NOT A FAN OF SPOILERS…OR HORROR.

            Basically Sinister is horror movie about a family who moved into a house where a murder happened. The father was a crime novelist and he wanted to create a sequel for his book about the murder in the house, instead he found old reels of family “bonding” times. I say this with a quotation mark because the reels were really documentation of the deaths of the family murdered (not just one but a lot) and it was all connected to an old deity that consumed children’s souls and the children themselves. The curveball? The kids were actually the one that killed the whole family through some weird mind control by the deity. Oh, and the murders don’t activate until the families moved into the murder house and then move out. Which was almost guaranteed because those dead and zombie like kids terrorized the *censored* out of those people…huhu hopefully that doesn’t happen to Kyungsoo when he moves into Jongin’s house, eh? *ZOMG, JUST REVEALED A PLOT SPOILER?! NOT REALLY HAHAH*. But is it scary? Not so much. Gory and interesting plot? Oh, most definitely!

 

[2] This prank actually happened in one of the stories written here in AFF. It’s a hilarious story called Everyone Experiments in College by heegdtop2min. Be warned though, its M rated but damn it really makes you laugh so I suggest you guys check it out!