You're My Melody

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

|| Chapter Sixteen ||


Kim Jongin was fearless as well as stupid.

Sehun knew that if you were to throw Jongin in a pit of rabid alligators he would somehow, stupidly, find a way out of that pit and emerge unscathed. Sehun didn’t know why but Jongin was just naturally the kind of person to be able to cope up with any situation thrown at him, be it a pop quiz or the end of the world itself.

Except for this one.

Because this was the very first time that Sehun saw Kim Jongin, pacing.

Sehun said nothing because he didn’t want to startle Jongin so he just waited patiently until Jongin could pretty much restart his brain.

“I have decided,” Jongin said as he stopped his pacing and stared at Sehun. “You should read the letter.”

Sehun sputtered. Out of the things Jongin could do (like burn the letters or place them back in the attic) he wasn’t expecting that at all. “Hell no! The letters addressed to you not me!”

“I don’t care if it’s addressed to the freaking Queen of England; you have to be one to read it!” Jongin shouted as Sehun rolled his eyes at Jongin’s drama.

“Why should I?”

“How would you feel if you were suddenly given a letter with your freakin name on it and those letters don’t even live in the same timeframe as you?!”

“I wouldn’t know how to feel because that hasn’t happened to me.”

“Exactly!” Jongin shouted.

“Woah, guys. What’s with the screaming match?”

Sehun and Jongin turned towards Minseok who was looking at them worriedly as sheens of sweat slid down his face. They knew that Minseok took the break time to practice his dance because he always felt guilty whenever he came in late for practice (but no one really blamed him for it) so whenever they had breaks, he would always take it as his opportunity to practice.

“Minseok-hyung! Great timing!” Jongin shouted as he took the letter that was on top of Sehun’s bag and bounded up to Minseok.

“Jongin! What are you doing?!” Sehun hissed but he was ignored as Minseok accepted the letter from Jongin.

“Aww Jonginnie is this a love letter for me~? Are you confessing to hyung? Omo I’m so touched~”

“Hyung no! It’s not for you!” Jongin shouted as Minseok pouted in disappointment.

“Why are you pouting?!”

“I don’t know…” Minseok said with a sad sigh. “It’s just that I find Sehun’s crush on Luhan so cute, I want someone to have a crush on me too…”

“I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON LUHAN!” Sehun shouted as a fiery red blush erupted on his face.

“So what’s this letter for?” Minseok asked, ignoring Sehun, as he held it up and Jongin bit his lower lip.

“Read it and tell me what you think.”

“O…kay?” Minseok nodded as he opened the envelope and took out the letter. He scanned the contents before thoroughly reading the letter. Surprisingly, Minseok finished the letter faster and once he was done he stared at Jongin confusingly—making Jongin nervous.

“You wrote a letter describing yourself in third person?” Minseok asked. “That’s kind of vain.”

“What? That’s all in the letter? It just describes me?” Jongin asked, relief lacing his voice.

“Well unless there’s another Kim Jongin in the world than yeah, that’s it.”

“Hey, there’s Kim Jong Un.” Sehun piped up as Jongin turned to him with a glare.

“I swear to God I’ll rip your balls off if that Kim Jong Un joke thing starts to get circulated again!”

“Well whatever,” Minseok commented as he handed the letter back to Jongin, who immediately started reading the contents. “Yixing said practice is going to start again in fifteen minutes, so I suggest you finish your little lovers spat some other time.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at his hyungs immaturity as Minseok simply waved a good bye to them both. Sehun sighed and shook his head as he walked towards Jongin.

“Well what does it say? Jongin—woah,”

Sehun stared in utter disbelief as he stared at his longtime friend. The person that proudly lied to the student body that he had slept with 40 women and the person that Sehun knew was as straight as an iron pole…blushing.

Kim. Jongin. Was. Blushing.

Sehun reached out to snatch the letter from Jongin but he immediately moved away, hiding the letter behind his back.

“What did he wrote about?”       

“Nothing,” Jongin rebuked, the blush on his face intensifying. “Nothing at all.”

“Liar,” Sehun commented as he lunged towards Jongin and tried to take away the letter but Jongin expected the jump so he quickly moved away sending Sehun to the ground.

“Let’s just forget about this letter okay? Let’s move on the next one!” Jongin shouted as Sehun stood up from the ground and glared.

“Hell no! What did he wrote about?!”

“Nothing!”

“Kim Jongin, I swear to the almighty Shisus I will rip every hair off of your body if you don’t freakin tell me the truth!”

“I swear to you!”

“Then what the heck was Minseok-hyung talking about?! D.O obviously wrote something!”

Jongin kept quiet as he stared at Sehun and his dry lips.

“H-He did write something—about me that is. B-But it’s short, really short.”

Sehun raised an eyebrow as Jongin slowly approached Sehun and showed the paper. “S-See? It didn’t even reach three paragraphs.”

Sehun eyed the paper and raised an eyebrow. True the letter was short and to the point, not how D.O usually writes. “So why were you so reluctant to show me?”

“B-Because I think hyung read the front part of the letter. W-When I took it out of his hands, I read the back the part—the real letter.”

Sehun’s eyes widened as Jongin flipped the paper over. He glanced at Jongin who was nervously chewing on his bottom lip then stared at the letter once again. He quickly noticed the weird format of the writing but even Sehun could tell what it was from a first glance.

“S-Sehun?”

“…Yeah?”

“I think…” Jongin took a deep breath to calm himself and said the words that were heavy on his tongue.

“I think D.O wrote me a song.”


|| You’re My Melody ||


 

I'm so busy this Christmas break it's not even funny anymore. *sigh* I should stop giving myself so much work -.-

Anyway, the holidays are coming up so enjoy it everyone :D

EDIT: By the way guys I'm sorry for adding this so late (I forgot >.<) but would you guys like to take the oppurtunity for me to make you one shot stories? Basically making me your slave? hahaha

We just opened this shop:

(҂`з´).っ︻デ═一 Reborn Shop || A Writer's Paradise || Now Open~!

Go ahead and requests any of our services and we'll try to fulfill them :) This is one of the things that I categorize as "should stop giving myself work"