My First Love

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

|| Chapter Twenty Five ||


 

Sehun scoffed as he leaned back on his chair and shook his head. “Even in the future those two idiots don’t change.”

“I kind of like them,” Jongin voiced out, staring at Sehun who was casually sipping his cup of coffee. “They keep the classroom lively.”

“Do they?” Sehun asked with a raised eyebrow. “I personally think they just cause a ruckus.”

“Ohh just look at that Class President aura,” Jongin mocks as he smiles at Sehun. “Already working it even before you get the job.”

Sehun glares at Jongin. “Don’t make me throw my cup of coffee at you.”

Jongin laughs as he leaned back on his chair, knowing full well Sehun wouldn’t do such a thing (or at least he hopes). He looked back at the letter again, not really reading it but just looking at it and a small bubble of happiness came alive in him. He didn’t know why but he was happy to know that Kyungsoo was gaining friends (and he knew that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were good set of friends), he had this small bubble of—what was it? Happiness? Maybe proud? Proud that this shy and quiet boy from the letter was slowly trying to reach out? (Even though it was circumstantial—minor details). It didn’t matter because as before, Jongin never knew the answers as to why. All he knew that he liked the feeling—the feeling of warmth and happiness that just seemed to come alive in him.

“—J..ongin. YAH KIM JONGIN!” Sehun shouted as he threw a napkin to Jongin’s face. Jongin, wrinkled his nose in annoyance and glared at Sehun lightly.

“What do you want?” Jongin hissed, rather mad that Sehun interrupted his moment of letting the warmth and happiness overwhelm him.

“I was asking if you have the next letter but you were zoning out and just staring at me,” Sehun refuted with a slight huff.

“Oh yeah I do,” Jongin nodded, reaching into his pocket and giving the letter to Sehun, not really looking at the date because he was too busy trying to bring back that warm feeling that Sehun rudely interrupted—hmm maybe if he read that letter again?

“Ah…Jongin? Maybe we should skip this one.” Sehun suggested as Jongin snapped out of his trance and started at Sehun, raising an eyebrow.

“Why? I have no other letter left with me, all of it is back in my house.” Jongin said as he watched Sehun bite his lips nervously, looking at the letter.

“…Fine.” Sehun sighed as he slowly leaned over and gave the letter to Jongin. He knew that the next letter would break Jongin, even if Jongin wasn’t aware of it. But what else could Sehun say? Nothing, he told himself.

Jongin raised a questioning eyebrow as he took the letter and looked at it, his eyes widening as he soon started to chew on his bottom lip. He didn’t want to read this letter, not one bit. He didn’t know why but he just didn’t want to see those words etched in Kyungsoo’s handwriting, nor did he want to know what the content of that letter was.

 

November 28, 2013

My First Love

 

 

Jongin bit his lips hard as he slowly opened the flap of the envelope—the warm and happy feeling that he had slowly and slowly ebbing away, replacing it with something he had long ago thought would never feel again.

Hurt.

 


|| My First Love ||


A/N: I could write up a whole chapter as apology but cries I know you guys would rather have a real update. So this is it. I can summarize everything within this three words: I am back B]

And I miss you guys so much ; A ; Do you still remember me? //shot

I'll try to update as much as I can okay? Thank you for the support even until now <3