Get Ready Now...

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

|| Chapter Nine ||


“Your room is still covered in this horrible yellow paint,” Sehun commented as he entered Jongin’s room and threw his sleepover bag on Jongin’s bed. Sehun smirks and assesses the room. “And you’re still a neat freak. I mean, look at this floor I could off of it!”

Jongin glared as he picked up Sehun’s bag and placed it beside his study table. “If you so much as get your lips near my floor I’ll kick your balls so hard you won’t be able to have children.”

Sehun laughed and shrugged off the threat as he made himself comfortable on Jongin’s bed. “So, where’s the letters?”

“In my closet,” Jongin said as he went towards his closet and rummaged around the closet. “I decided to hide it here so my mom won’t see it when she comes in cleaning.”

“Your mother still comes in to clean your room?” Sehun ask, incredulous. “What does she do? Wax the floor?”

Jongin merely ignored his sarcastic comment and went back to looking for the box. The box was neatly tucked away in the corner of the closet so that no one would see it. He took it out and went back to Sehun who was already making himself quite at home with himself on the bed. “Here. That’s all of the letters.”

Sehun nodded as he reached towards the box and opened up the cardboard flaps. He momentarily stares at the letters, waiting for something maybe like a huge explosion to come out or the big reveal to this marvelously crafted joke. But when it doesn’t come, he merely shrugs and reaches into the box and pulls out the letters. “There’s a lot in here,” Sehun commented offhandedly as he placed the stack of letters on Jongin’s bed.

“Should we count them?” Jongin asked and Sehun shook his head no.

“What’s the point? We’re still going to read them anyway.” Sehun said as he took the letter on the top of the layer. “So this would be the next letter, right?”

“Yes, that would be it.” Jongin said as he reached out and held the letter in his hand. “November 13, 2013. This is the one.”

Sehun sighs and bit his lips. “You know. I feel kind of guilty.”

Jongin sputtered and stared at Sehun. “Now you feel guilty?”

“Well, okay look. Let’s be rational here.” Sehun said as he plucked the letter from Jongin’s hands. “Letters are meant to be private and I don’t know what on earth is going on, though I’m still thinking that these letters are a prank mind you I just think that I’m interested in whatever foolish jargon this pranker had come up with but I do have an inkling of a feeling that this all Jongdae’s ridiculous attempt of humor,” Sehun took a small pause and breathed in as he chewed his bottom lip. He didn’t want to admit that he was scared. He was Oh freakin Sehun for God’s sake. But deep down in his gut he knew that those letters were from the future. Just like how he knew that the person writing them was a guy (or the time when he knew that Kris had a thing for Tao, but that’s a different story all together). He just didn’t like to fully admit it less he finds out that they were a fake and he indeed up looking like an idiot for believing it. So he created a safety net. A very steady safety nets of ‘buts’ and ‘maybes’. “But if this is real and this did come from the future then maybe. You know…maybe…we could be getting into some really serious stuff here.”

Jongin stared at Sehun. Did Sehun really think that he could lie to Jongin? They have been best friends since they were in diapers. If Sehun so much as flinch, Jongin would immediately know the cause of it and seeing Sehun believing but letting his pride get in the way was both unnerving and funny. It was funny to see Sehun, the confident and so-sure-of-himself Oh Sehun, second-guess himself. But then again, a second-guessing Sehun means that this was something even Sehun couldn’t fix if it blew up in their face. But that’s what was great about Jongin and Sehun’s friendship. When one person falters the other was always there to slap someone back into their A game. And since it was Sehun who was faltering, it was Jongin’s time to slap his best friend right on the cheek, metaphorically of course. If Sehun sees that red hand imprint on his perfect white cheeks he’ll silence treatment Jongin to the depths of hell. “Or we could just read them all, shove them back into the attic, and never speak of it again.”

Sehun smiled, nodding. A rational safety net. Sehun liked that. “You know, it’s these times I marvel at the things your mind comes up when it’s put to use.”

Jongin shook his head and took the letter once again from Sehun’s grasp and opened the flap. Hoping to find out who the mysterious writer was and how his letters got into Jongin’s dusty old attic.


|| Get Ready Now… ||


This is an apply fic that me and mayazero created. If you want to apply, please head on over and apply if you have time :D

✣Preserved Castle✣ || Apply Soon ➷