Puzzle Peices

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

Note: Everyone’s been really excited with SeKai’s reaction to the letters (hope I didn’t disappoint!) so here it is. I promised a double update and a double update it shall come. I’ll post it later tonight (morning if you live in the future) so yeah, enjoy the chapter everyone and thank you for the –ings. They make me cry with love and fluffy fluff balls. Haha. Enjoy~! And yes, I'll try to make longer chaptes in the future but for now please bear with it's shortness :3 hahaha


|| Chapter Eight ||


There was a thick air of silence that hung above Jongin and Sehun. Jongin tried to digest the words of what the three letters contained but even then he was having a hard time trying to understand it all. It was like trying to identify those weird black inkblots that psychiatrist always used on their patients and no matter how many times the psychiatrists asks you what it is your answer will always be wrong. He couldn’t understand it, it couldn’t be understood, so Jongin turned to the only person he knew who could rationalized this situation and make it understandable. He looked at Sehun but what really greeted him was not much comfort.

In the background of the café Jongin could hear the coffee maker making small sounds, the casher’s drawer opening and closing, and even the waitresses small and delicate sounds of laughter. But nothing could take his attention away from Sehun’s face as different flashes of emotion took hold of the younger’s expression. It ranged from disbelief to downright fear. But after Sehun sorted out his thoughts on the letter, he took a deep inhale of breath and waved over the waitress for some coffee. Because coffee is synonymous to stress-reliever in Oh Sehun’s dictionary.

“Well?” Jongin asked, his heart beating against his chest from fear and a tinge of excitement, the only thought racing through his mind was that he knew them. He knew them. “What do you think?”

“I think,” Sehun said, his eyes never leaving their place at the opened letters on the table. “That we have something here that pretty much can’t be explained by science.”

Jongin nodded, already knowing that. “So you believe that they’re from the future, then?”

“I didn’t say that,” Sehun refuted, a bit too quickly.

Jongin smirked at the sight of Sehun. The small sheen of sweat running down the side of his face, the way his hands were jittery, and the way that he just can’t seem to wait for his coffee to calm down his frazzled nerves. Oh yes, Sehun believed that the letters were from the future. He was just too prideful to admit that.

“Well for one thing…” Sehun continued as he leaned back in his chair and took his eyes away from the letters, looking straight at Jongin. “He knows us.”

A shiver ran through Jongin’s body as he tried not to let those words get to him. But it did though, because a person—a person he doesn’t know (and will probably know in the future)—is writing about him. About Sehun, about his school, about the way he sleeps in class. And frankly, that freaked him out. Jongin tried not to let the goose bumps show as he tried to shift the conversation away from that small tidbit. Because he needed time to calm down.

“He?” Jongin asked, trying to keep his tone even and calm so as not to alert Sehun to his frenzied nerves. “How can you know he’s a he?”

Sehun shrugged as the waitress came by and placed the coffee in front of him. He mumbles a small thank you, raises the elegant chinaware to his lips, and takes copious amounts of coffee without even waiting for the drink to cool down. “I don’t know, I just have this feeling. He’s a guy. He has to be a guy.  I mean, when he wrote about Kris being gay he said ‘poor girls’ not ‘poor me’ or ‘poor us’.”

“Yeah about that,” Jongin said, scrunching up his nose as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “When was Kris ever gay anyway?”

Sehun almost chocked on his coffee. “You’re kidding me right? He announced that on the day he got into this school! I mean I know he doesn’t flaunt it left and right but it isn’t really a big secret, y’know?

“Oh,” Jongin said, then his he bit his bottom lip as realization hit him. “Well I guess that would explain those awkward bathroom showers in P.E. then.”

Sehun let out a small laugh and held up the first of the three letters. “And I like how he describes me. ‘Charismatic’ I like that.” Sehun commented, trying to veer this conversation away from what he knew was coming.

“He also said that you’d go ballistic once someone comments about your dye job.”

“Okay, blonde looks good on me,” Sehun rebukes, miffed. “And you promised me you wouldn’t say a word about the dye job.”

“Okay, okay we’re going off topic,” Jongin said, knowing that this pointless banter of trying to prevent the inevitable was ridiculous. “What should we do about this? These!” Jongin points to the letters and Sehun sighs.

“What can we do? I mean we obviously return them now can we? And the only thing that we know about this guy is the fact that he lives—no will be living in your house next year. He’s obviously—or will obviously be our classmate and his name is D.O.”

“D.O?”

“Yeah, he signs the letter as D.O see?” Sehun points to the last of the three letters and directly points at the bottom left. “So his name would be D.O.”

Jongin scoffed. “Who names their kid D.O?”

Sehun shrugs. “I think it’s just a pseudonym. You know, like a penname.”

Jongin’s eyebrows furrow. “Why would he do that? I mean his obviously sending this to his…” Jongin trailed off as another wave of realization hits him. “He’s gay!”

This time, it was Sehun who furrowed his eyebrows. “Kris? Yeah I know. Jongin you have to start paying attention to your surroundings more and stop sleeping!”

“No, no not Kris. I don’t care about him.” Jongin shook his head. “I meant D.O, this dude!” Jongin shouted as he pointed at the letters.

“What? How do you know?” Sehun smirked and raised an amusing eyebrow. “Is your gaydar starting to awaken Jongin?”

“Wha-? No—I…seriously…SEHUN!” Jongin sputtered as he tried to calm down his annoyance. “The reason why his writing the letters. It’s for his husband or husband to be…in the future I mean. He said so on his first letter.”

“Huh, how ironic. The purpose of writing his letters were meant for the future and by some twisted game of fate, the letters get sent to the past. Just…wow.”

“Funny how life screws with you, eh?” Jongin comments as he looks back down on the letters. “What…should we do with the rest of the letters then?”

Jongin stared at Sehun. Sehun looked up at the ceiling, trying to find answers on the white walls, and a moment letter he looked at Jongin with a spark in his eyes. Jongin didn’t like the spark in his eyes because rarely does Sehun ever want to voluntarily do something that involves Jongin. And when he did volunteer it was followed by copious amounts of whining from Sehun.

“Let’s read them,”

“Err…what?”

“Read. Them.” Sehun repeated. “I mean he isn’t going to find out is he? Because how can he when hasn’t even written them. And plus, from what I read from his second letter he’s still miles away from here because he’ll have to move into your house by next year. Meaning he doesn’t even live here…yet. So he’ll be coming in by the second semester. Jongin, this could be our chance to find out about the future. Granted it’s through the eyes of this D.O person and he won’t be specifically talking about our lives. But it’s a glimpse Jongin. And not many people can have that opportunity! A glimpse in the future!”

Jongin bit his lower lips nervously. “You sound like a crazy person right now.”

Sehun frowned, realizing that he did sound like a crazy person. “I am. But aren’t you curious?”

“Well yeah I am,” Jongin said, shrugging his shoulders. “But doesn’t it scare you? I mean it’s the future. That’s something we shouldn’t even be talking about let alone knowing about.”

“Well…that’s true,” Sehun nodded, his rationality coming back to him. “But what are you going to do then? Shove the box back into the attic?”

Jongin frowned, he knew couldn’t do that. Not when his curiosity had already reared its ugly head. “No…no I guess not.”

Sehun smiled, the spark coming back into his eyes. “So, shall we have a sleepover then?”

Jongin sighed, already giving up. He scolded himself mentally at the fact that he could be peer-pressured so easily. But then again, he was just as curious as Sehun. It was a glimpse in the future, and that in itself was making him all nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time.

 “Alright,” Jongin sighs as he fishes for his phone in his pocket.  “I’ll call my mom.”


|| Puzzle Pieces ||


 

Can I shamlessly advertise?

(Don't worry, I won't make it bold so as not to hurt your eyes. Author-nim cares about your eyes too you know Because wearing glasses is not fun I swear.)

A friend of mine is making an applyfic called

Save Me! ─ Apply Open!

by Lee_So_Young, she needs more people to apply for her fic so if your interested head on over there and apply~!

And since we're talking about applyfics here, here's another good one!

Check Yes Juliet | Apply Open

by CelebProInc, she also needs people to apply for the fic. So head on over~!

And then finally,

The Moon Spirit

by me~! haha. It's actually an Infinite fic and I'm entering it into a contest so I'd really like you guys to head on over and tell me what you think :3

BONUS: Want to read a fic that pretty much tackles every taboo subject out there? , Twincest, Student-Teacher Relations, Angst, , Genderbender, and many more?

Then welcome to

Seoul High University [M]

 

Shamless advertising ends.