CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: The Letters

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

THE LETTERS


Kyungsoo stared at the beautiful tree that was situated in the living room. Though he hated moving around so much he was always so thankful that his parents never moved on Christmas. Sure there was one time where they moved on New Year’s but never on Christmas day, because Christmas day was Kyungsoo’s favorite day.

He crouched down in front of the three and marveled at the amount of presents that were underneath the tree and he smiled. Though some of them were in parcel packages because his relatives just sent them through mail, he really didn’t mind. He’s just glad that he was able to celebrate Christmas with his family.

“Do you want to open one gift Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo looked up at his mother who smiling down at him and he shook his head.

“I want to open them on Christmas day,” Kyungsoo refuted as his mother chuckled, her voice tinkling.

“Come on now,” She encouraged as she crouched down in front of the tree and picked up one box that was wrapped in deep velvet red. “Open this one, this is from your grandfather.”

Kyungsoo took the red velvet box into his arms and decided what the heck? It was already 11:30 anyway so it wasn’t going to change that much if he was going to open it now or by 12 o’clock. Kyungsoo nodded as a smile made its way to his lips. He tore open the box red velvet covering and saw a brown box. He carefully opened the box and his eyes widened at the sight of the contents.

“Oh my,” His mother exclaimed as Kyungsoo took out the contents. “Looks like your grandfather really does hate technology.”

She laughed lightly as Kyungsoo groaned at the sight of the stack of white creamy envelope. “What am I going to do with this? I have no one to write to…”

Kyungsoo’s mother stared at her soon and smiled. “Maybe you could write to your future self?”

Kyungsoo turned to his mother and tilted his head to the side. “My future self?”

His mother nodded and smiled. “Yes, a letter to your future self. Kind of like a diary but better.”

Kyungsoo nodded at that and stared at the white creamy envelopes in his hands and smiled.

Not knowing that those simple white creamy envelopes would weave itself into his life and jumpstart a journey he would never forget.

“Yeah, maybe I’ll do just that.”


Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year~!


 

A/N: Currently it’s midnight and I’m staying up because we’re celebrating Noche Buena right now! For those of you who don’t know, it basically pigging out on food at twelve o’clock midnight on December 24. It’s December 24 here but for some it’s still December 23 but even then I hope this is enough to lift up your spirits for Christmas~!

Plus, I’m very sorry for prolonging Kyungsoo’s letter lol it’s not me, it seems that the circumstances just wants to prolong the pain >.< haha, don’t worry the next one will be Kyungsoo’s letter though, I swear :D

For now let’s just enjoy the holidays and get some well-earned rest.

Thank you guys and much love~!