For A Little While

The Boy Who Wrote A Hundred Love Letters

|| Chapter Twenty Four ||


[*]

 

November 26, 2013

 

Because we tended to move a lot, I try not to make a friendship that lasts because in the end we won’t be able to see each other again or worst, lose contact, and never talk to each other again.

In my earlier letters I wrote about the noisy classmates of mine, Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol. They are two loud individuals that could even make Gandhi annoyed but funny thing is, these two individuals just happened to the people that…well they became my first friends.

I’m not a particularly smart guy but since I really have nothing else to do at home, I tend to just do some advance reading and do some schoolwork. Because of this, it has kept me in the top honor rolls of my schools. And I guess that’s how this awkward duo came into my life, we had a group project and our teacher decided those two with me. At first I honest to God felt like a third wheel. They kept talking to each other, hitting each other, and at one point maybe they were flirting with each other.

I’ve never felt so awkward in my whole life.

“Hey, new kid.” Chanyeol had addressed me and not a moment too soon, Baekhyun delivered a blow to his head that looked like it hurt. “What the heck Baek?!”

“His name is Kyungsoo. Stop making him feel like his being ostracized, Yeol.”

Oh and they had nicknames for each other. Lovely.

“Its fine,” I had said because really, it was fine. I was the new kid after all and being addressed as such was no big deal.

“No it’s not. Apologize, Yeol.” Baekhyun chided as Chanyeol rubbed the spot where Baekhyun had hit him.

“Sorry,”

“Sorry what?” Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol grumbled like a child.

“Sorry, Kyungsoo.”

“Better.” Baekhyun approved as he turned to me with a satisfied smile.

“Thanks…I guess.”

“So what are you doing after this Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked as he smiled at me with that creepy smile.

“Going home…I suppose…”

“Then why don’t you come with us? Baek’s mom makes the best rice cake!”

“Yah, you can’t just invite people to my home without my permission!”

“Oh right!” Chanyeol smiled brightly and turned to Baekhyun. “Can I invite Kyungsoo for some rice cakes?”

“Sure, mom would love the company.” Baekhyun nodded and I almost wanted throttle them both. They fought like some kind of old couple and in way it made them seem a bit endearing but once they started fighting it was almost impossible to get them to stop. They started fighting and flirting once again and—I’m kind of used to it anyway—they once again ostracized me but I don’t mind.

This was probably the first time I ever actually started to interact with my classmates. Maybe I found some friends on the way as well.

They might not stay long but hopefully, even for just a little while, I want to be friends with Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol.

Just for a little while.

D.O

[*]


|| For A Little While ||

 


 


A/N: I really apologize for such a long while to update orz I have one more week of school and I swear after that's done I can finally have time to write more fot this fic for now please be patient because the Finals requirments are killing me /sobs/. But other than that please wait for my return /bows/