I will prove you wrong (Kaisoo interlude)

Meeting the Ex

Ahhhhh! It's a double update (-_- )

I'm afraid chapters may not come as often as they have been as I am now back at school and starting a period of exams soon :'(

Anyway ..... please comment and tell me what you think.

Enjoys!

Sophie :)

_______________________________

Jongin = 17

All I wanted to do is go home, eat kimchi spaghetti and go to bed with my Kyungie in my arms. Dance practice had been hard and Lay had pushed me harder than before. I groaned as I opened knocked on Kyungsoo’s front door. I usually went there after school as my mother wasn’t the most willing to have me home once she found out I was gay.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s voice floated through the call box on the wall. Normally Kyungsoo knew it was me and let me in without asking who it was. I frowned before replying with a ‘yes’. Who else would it be? I came over to his house on the same days, at the same time every week. The door buzzed open and I pushed; allowing myself to enter the apartment. I took the lift to the same floor as usual and walked to the same front door before knocking. Worry coursed through me as I heard whispering on the other side before the door opened to reveal a stoic looking Kyungsoo. The smile that normally greeted me wasn’t there. He almost looked tired and annoyed that I had turned up.

“Come in,” he sighed before he opened the door just enough for me to slip in. I took off my shoes and dumped my gym bag before following Kyungsoo into the kitchen, only to come up short. Standing in the kitchen with a mug in one hand was Joonmyeon, my worst nightmare.

___________________________________

For the time I had been courting and going out with Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon had been there. He was the annoying, clingy best friend that didn’t know when to leave his friend alone with his boyfriend. He was always the first to get to Kyungsoo and if we had had an argument, Joonmyeon would come to my house and shoot me down. Whenever I saw him, my stomach flipped and anger settled inside me.

___________________________________

“Um … hi,” I swallowed awkwardly as I eyed the two in the kitchen. Something in the air didn’t seem right and I was convinced it wasn’t good.

“Hello,” Joonmyeon said; his voice showed no sign of a welcome.

“Jongin … we need to talk,” Kyungsoo’s voice shocked me and my head turned in his direction.

“I … um … ok,” I stuttered nervously. In all films the line ‘we need to talk’ never meant anything positive.

“Jongin-ah, Joonmyeon and I … no I, myself, I don’t think we should carry on the way we have been,” Kyungsoo’s voice became quieter and quieter as he spoke. I was frozen; the words refusing to be registered in my brain.

“W-why?” I asked as it finally clicked.

“Jongin-ah, I’m an adult and you’re a child that wants to … dance,” Kyungsoo said shakily as he watched me. My whole body shook as I grabbed the counter to support myself.

“And…?”

“Dancers don’t succeed,” Joonmyeon spat from the side as he rubbed Kyungsoo reassuringly on the back. Anger ran through me as his words hit me and the situation truly sunk in. Why was Kyungsoo doing this?

“Yes they do. If they are good enough they become famous, unlike ruddy little accountants,” I snapped at him. Why was he talking for Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo had his own voice.

“But you might not succeed. Then what do you do to provide for Kyungsoo?” Joonmyeon butted in again.

“Shut up Joonmyeon. Kyungsoo is the one breaking up with me. Let him talk.”

“You have no answer do you?” The snake butted in again. Rage took over me and I slammed my fist into the granite counter. It hurt but the pain was worse in my heart.

“I said shut it.”

“Make m~”

“ENOUGH!” Kyungsoo shouted. His face was bright red and steam could be seen coming out of his ears as he stared at me.

“Jongin, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with someone who can’t provide for me,” Kyungsoo said as his eyes flitted over to Joonmyeon.

“So … are you two?” I asked as I pointed between the two of them.

“Yes, we’re going to start dating as soon as you get you’re sorry out of here,” Joonmyeon said with no humour in his voice. I saw red at the words and before I knew it hot tears were pouring down my face. I was so pissed off, I couldn’t control myself. Kyungsoo was my first love and here he was, telling me he didn’t want me anymore because he had realised the snake was better for him. But that was true. Junmyeon was able to provide for Kyungsoo and I may not be able to. If he was happy, then I could be to.

“Well …” Suddenly my voice became quiet. I wasn’t angry anymore. Being angry wouldn’t solve anything. “I congratulate you.”

“What? … Jongin don’t~” I raised my hand and cut Kyungsoo off; not able to look at Junmyeon’s smirking face or Kyungsoo at all. I then turned and headed towards the front door. Looking around the hall, I took in the sight for the last time; noticing the pictures of us to on the wall. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag before opening the door and slipping out. Before leaving, however, I turned back to a teary Kyungsoo and a stoic Joonmyeon who were in the doorway; hugging.

“Oh and you two,” I didn’t bother with any formalities,” I will prove you wrong; I will be successful.”