Eve

Meeting the Ex

Hi ^^

I'm sorry I've been a bit slow lately but I am in the middle of two weeks of exams. I am still writing a little bit but at the moment, as you can imagine, I am slightly stressed and a tiny but busy!

Please leave a comment!

Sophie :)

P.S Have you noticed the new poster? A big thank you to 'Euneirophrenia Artworks Shop' for making it.

____________________________

Taemin = 25.5

With my nose pressed against the glass, I was silent as I watched the small balls of fluffy running around the pens in the shop. Numerous little dogs were running backwards and forwards, jumping on chairs and playing with toys as they barked and wagged their tail, all looking so happy.

“Can we get one Jongie?” I asked, not able to rip my eyes from the creatures.

Ever since I was a child, I had always wanted a pet. However, my mother was allergic to fur and so all animals, except for fish, were banned. I had one goldfish, which I happily named Mr Bubbles, but he was promptly flushed down the toilet by my older brother. I was heartbroken for a week afterward but I soon got over it when I found a worm in the garden. That was about all the pets that I had ever given my life to. To have a dog was one of my dreams and I was determined to make it happen.

“Hyung, I don’t think we should,” I frowned as I watched the dogs, one catching my eye again and again. I watched as the small creature bounded around and couldn’t help but feel all fluttery inside.

“Why? They’re so cute?” I squealed. It was then that I realised Jongin wasn’t even paying attention. Yes I had been going on about these dogs for a while now but they are just too cute. I turned and saw him tapping away on his phone, not even listening to me as I yabbered on about the dogs. I decided that if he wasn’t going to listen to me properly, I could do something with the situation.

“Jongin?”

“Neh?"

“Can I by chance have a new car?” I asked, biting my lip, waiting to see if it had worked.

“No hyung, I thought you wanted a puppy.” Now he chose to look up from the gadget and listen to me. I sent him a glare before huffing and going back to watching the puppies.

“Can we get one then?” I asked, still un-amused.

“We’ll have to see,” and with that, I was dragged away.

______________________________

“Hyung, we need some more rice,” Jongin shouted from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes, still annoyed from earlier and the dog incident. Huffing, I stomped through the door and into the adjoining room.

“What?” I asked as I plopped down onto a chair by the counter. I couldn’t be bothered to talk to him after he couldn’t be bothered to get me a puppy. Even his voice reminded me of the small puppy.

“We’re out of rice,” Jongin said again slowly, looking at me incredulously. I lifted my shoulders and shrugged before laying me head on my arms and closing my eyes in contentment for a moment.

“Put it on the list,” I mumbled, shivering slightly as his hand came down and my hair. It was nice to feel hands running through my locks as I breathed in deeply.

“I’ll go and get some, wait here,” and with that, he was gone. I felt a little lonely and cold as I moved through to the living room. The TV stared at me but I couldn’t bring myself to turn it on. It was just there, a black box that seemed to stare into me and lure me to turn it on, but I couldn’t seem to. I didn’t know why, I just felt like it would be a bad idea to turn it on. Suddenly, I lunged forward and snatched the remote, turning on the TV and watching to see what came up. Nothing interesting was on the main channels so I turned over, only to find a dog show playing. Snuggling further into the cushions to try and make myself warm, I watched with large eyes as the dogs jumped and pranced about the screen.

Glancing at the clock, I noticed it had been over an hour and a half since Jongin had gone to get some rice. I frowned as I switched off the TV and walked into the kitchen; pouring a glass of water before chugging half of it. Reasons Jongin would be late clouded in my mind and not all of them were positive. I nearly jumped three foot in the air when the back door opened and Jongin staggered in with bags covering him.

“Wh-aa?” I asked as I ran forward to help him. There were numerous bags that smelt like meat and underneath it all was a single white bag that was moving. I curiously glanced at Jongin, waiting for him to allow me to peek. With one swift nod, he gestured to the white bag. Immediately I bounded over to the box and peeked in, swallowing hard before squealing and jumping into Jongin’s arms, peppering his face with kisses.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” I kissed him before lifting the little brown toy poodle from the bag. I turned the puppy and looked it in the eye, watching as it trembled a little and the end of its nose. I felt Jongin’s arm come around my shoulder as he watched the puppy as well.

“What are you going to name her?” Jongin asked as he kissed me behind the ear. I smiled at the dog before whispering.

“Eve.”

“Perfect,” Jongin whispered back before starting to unpack the bags filled with doggy bits and bobs.