Understanding the Bitterness of the Deer

Meeting the Ex

Hello lovelies,

A small interlude and flash back to the past before truth or dare comes back.

Please leaveth me a comment to tell me what thou think.

Sophie :)

___________________________________

I hummed to myself as I strolled down the high school corridor. There was nothing he liked better in the world than being alone in the peace and quiet of the empty corridors in the middle of summer. The heat made everyone delusional and having this time alone to myself meant that I could think clearly without some idiot shouting irrational profanities in my ear. I was pulled from my day dreaming when a lone shout resounded off the lockers and made its way to my ear. Frowning, I rounded the corner, only to be shocked.

There, in the middle of the hallway was my boyfriend, Kris Wu, kicking someone lying sprawled across the floor. The force from his kicks pulled whimpers from the person who was the victim of the assault, no doubt bruising with every hit. Horror ran through me as I watched for just a second, realising what a monster the person I thought I liked was.

“Lu?” My attention was caught when Kris called my name, caught in the headlights after being caught.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I ran forward and tried to help the person lying injured on the floor. I could feel Kris’ stares piercing my back but I ignored them as I turned the thin and wrangly boy over; it looked as though he was only a freshman. My eyes travelled over the body, taking in the blood trickling out his nose and the bruised blossoming around his face. His body was curled in the foetal position and his arms were clutching his stomach, where the main blows had been directed. My heart broke for the boy as I noticed the older bruises across the expanse of skin revealed where his shirt has made its way up his back. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his figure, lifting him with all my might as his arms went around my neck. I then made my way to the nurse, struggling through the hallways with the body whimpering in pain when I stumbled or stepped just a little too harshly. I tried my hardest to also ignore the shadow following the two of us, Kris, who was watching the two of us with piercing eyes.

“Where are you going?” his voice made me jump as it pierced through the thuds of my footsteps on the floor. I stop, spinning around with a hard glare on my face.

“To the nurse, where else?” I snapped before carrying on down the corridor, not stopping again until I placed the small boy on the pure, white covers. Against the snow, the extent of his injuries showed and it made tears prick in my eyes as I looked at the seemingly helpless creature. The nurse then came in and attended to him, Kris pulling me out the room sharply so she could get to work.

“Why?” I asked, knowing that Kris and I were over as soon as he explained himself.

“Why what?” Kris asked, acting innocently. Anger pulsed through me as I looked at the handsome man in front of me. I couldn’t believe I had even fallen for a monster like him.

“Don’t act like you don’t know. Who is he?” I knew my voice was louder than intended when he flinched, the almighty bully flinched.

“Oh Sehun, freshman,” he shrugged as his hands reached out for me. I darted away, shoving his hand out the way and sending him a harsh glare. Surprise was all I could gain from his expression and then annoyance as he tried reaching out again.

“Don’t touch me. How could do that to him?” I shouted, tears gathering in my eyes. I barely knew the boy yet something struck a chord in me and made me what to smash Kris’ face in, just like he had done.

“He was a threat,” Kris swallowed visibly and I shuddered, a shiver coursing through me when his eyes turned hard.

“A threat for what?” I asked.

“You,” I froze as his one word bought realisation to me. Stepping forward I slapped him around the face. I didn’t care if he was jealous, this was too much and being the age he was, he should know that.

“Lu wh~”

“You make me sick. We are over,” I spat before turning around and storming back into the nurse’s room, not even giving Kris a second glance.

Inside lay the limp body of the boy I managed to save. He looked almost angelic laying there with his eyes closed and the lights dimmed. Slowly his eyes opened and he turned his head to face me, whimpering slightly as pain flashed across his body. I dashed to the side, helping him sit slightly, not pulling him to hard.

“Careful,” I smiled at him as he looked at me with innocence radiating from his beaten up face.

“Who are you?” he croaked.

“Shouldn’t you say thank you first?” I laughed and he shrunk back, scared I would lash out. “I’m Luhan.”

“Thanks Luhan-shi,” he stuttered as he looked me in the eye. I knew he knew who I was, Kris had said he was ‘a threat’ but I smiled all the same, wondering why I hadn’t ever met this boy. He was gorgeous and I wanted him for myself.

“No problem,” I ruffled his light hair before standing and walking towards the door. “and don’t worry, Kris won’t harm you again.”

_______________________________

I didn’t see Sehun for another week or so. Everyday his well being flashed through my mind and I kept an extra eye open for him as I trawled through the corridors.

“Urgh … it was a nightmare,” I nodded, not really taking in what Kyungsoo was complaining about, probably something to do with the cute little student, Jongin, that seemed to follow him like a puppy dog.

“I’m sure he was ok,” I hummed before shoving some rice into my mouth. We were currently sitting in the cafeteria during lunch break, talking nonchalantly whilst we ate. My attention was suddenly caught when I noticed a certain student entered the room with the tanned boy that Kyungsoo was just on.

“Oh, there he is, don’t draw attention,” my wide-eyed friend snapped before lowering his head and eating more. I looked their way and saw Jongin was already heading this way, a reluctant Sehun trailing behind him.

“Hi, Kyungie-hyung,” I smirked as Jongin tapped Kyungsoo on the back. He plastered a fake smile on his face before turning around and greeting the boy. Within a minute, Kyungsoo was scolding him so I decided to catch up with Sehun who was just standing there, lost.

“How are you Sehun?” I asked. He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights as he spun to look at me; relaxing slightly when he realised who it was.

“Ok, thank you again Luhan-shi,” he muttered.

“Don’t thank me Sehun and call me hyung. Has Kris’ bothered you again?” I asked as my eyes flickered over to the other side of the room, locking onto the bastard I used to like. He already had a pretty situated in his lap and I could care less.

“No he hasn’t hyung,” a smile spread across Sehun’s face and I realised in that moment that I was going to make him mine, all mine.