Helping Kyungsoo out of his shell

Meeting the Ex

Eh ... hello

Sorry this is bad .... I just felt like I needed to give you a little filler. If any of you want to recommend an episode for lovely Taekai, please do tell me and I'll see what I can do ~ I want to include some of your ideas if possible.

Also, if you haven't, please check out my story 'Our Son', it's a side story to this one and is about what would happen if Jongin and Taemin adopted a little boy.

Please  leave me a comment and tell me what you think - they are much appreciated and thank you so much to all my subbies (love you)

Sophie :)

_______________________________________________________

Releasing a forceful breath, I stared ahead, trying to keep the jealousy at bay. Jongin and I were currently trying to help Kyungsoo catch the attention of a male he had been eyeing for the past few months and couldn’t bring himself to talk to. His experience with Joonmyeon had not been taken lightly by his heart and so even approaching people was hard at this point in time.

It wasn’t that I didn’t like Kyungsoo, or that I didn’t trust Jongin, it was just the fact that they were having to spend more time together then I would have liked and sometimes without me being there. The afternoons helping Kyungsoo were often boring and dull but I knew that Jongin still had a soft spot for the small, wide-eyed male and just couldn’t say no to him when he appeared on our doorstep asking for help.

“No, hyung not like that,” I glanced over to see Jongin with his arm wrapped around Kyungsoo in an ape like manner whilst the smaller male was sitting rigid in his seat looking as though he would have a heart attack any moment. I couldn’t stop the small snigger that burst from my lips as I whipped out my phone and captured the moment much to Kyungsoo’s embarrassment and Jongin’s annoyance.

“No, stop,” Jongin commanded before forcefully pushing on the elder’s shoulders. He whimpered, scurrying away as though he was being violated. I could tell from the blush across his cheeks that Kyungsoo wasn’t fully over Jongin and this irked me slightly. I didn’t like the fact that my man was putting his hands all over someone that still may have an inkling of feeling for him.

“Jongin-ah,” I spoke calmly as I rose from my seat and sat in between the two ex’s. Jongin shot me a look that said ‘don’t hurt him’ to which I sent him a weak nod and then placed my arm around Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, evidently more frightened of me then Jongin, pulled away. I gripped his shoulder in my hand, pulling him to my side before relaxing.

“Just try to relax your muscle hyung. You’ll come across less uptight and more chilled,” I explained. Slowly, I felt the man below me relax and it wasn’t long before he moulded into me. Jongin just watched, astounded, from his spot. I smirked his way and leaned over, placing a kiss on his adorable face before raising from my place and going back to watching them again.

____________________________________________________

“How about this Taemin?” I glanced up over the clothes rack to see Kyungsoo holding up an item of clothing. It was a button down blouse with bright blue and red strips covering the front with green checks in the back. I quickly shoot my head, causing said male to place the item back on the rack with a downcast look. I watched as he moved further into the shop, picking up more tops before shoving them back into their place with annoyance spread across his features.

“Why can’t I just ... oh!” I turned from my place to see Kyungsoo with round eyes, looking at something on the rack. Hurrying over to his spot, I looked at the item he was currently running his hands over, feeling proud when he pulled a black leather jacket out of the rack. “What do you think?” he mumbled as he held it closer to his chest.

“Perfect,” I replied as I handed him a pile of graphic tee’s and skinny-jeans before pushing him into the changing rooms.

_____________________________________________________

“It was hard to start with,” I admitted to Jongin as we sat on the soft coaches of the store. Kyungsoo had been in the changing rooms for the past half an hour, coming out every five minutes or so to ask me whether this was good or that was bad. Jongin had joined only a few moments ago after coming from work, insisting that he wanted to come and help.

“Well, you’ve had training from the almighty Key so it’ll be brilliant,” Jongin smirked as he motioned to the poster behind him; Key was standing with a bunch of his models dressed in his creations. I was so happy that he had dumped the flower shop and gone on to do something he loved; becoming successful as a bonus in the process.

“Haaa, I wouldn’t say that,” I snorted before plucking my phone from my pocket and taking a picture of the poster.

“Uhh ...” both Jongin and I turned to look where the embarrassed sound came from, spotting a slightly red Kyungsoo with his head poking around the edge of the curtain.

“Let’s see,” I demanded and soon he came out; an approving hum coming from both Jongin and I. Kyungsoo cringed slightly before asking for the verdict. “That’s the one,” I sighed as I racked my eyes over him one more time; feeling proud as he stood there in dark skinny-jeans with a v-neck shirt, burgundy hoodie and black leather jacket.

“Not too much?” Kyungsoo asked, turning on the spot once and reminding me of a little girl trying on a dress.

“Nope, when’s you date anyway?” I asked.

“Tomorrow,” Kyungsoo squeaked. I nodded, calling over the staff to sort out the unwanted items as we paid and left, last minute lessons swirling through our minds.

____________________________________________________________

“Jongin shhhh,” I hissed as we sat on the bench outside the restaurant; eating ice cream. It was a cool, summer night and the breeze was blowing gently causing Jongin to look like an angel as the wind ruffled his hair yet his mouth was driving me insane – and not in a good way.

"But, I want to know if he’s ok. What if something went wrong and he’s in the toilet crying?” Jongin asked, eyes wide as he realised that his idea could be true and he leaped from his seat.

“Jongin, shut the hell up and sit down,” I growled causing my boyfriend to look at me as though I was about to murder him; which was an option at that present moment in time. “He knows we are meeting him here, at nine-thirty and if he was crying in the toilet, he would know what time to come out so we can get him away from here. It’s now nine-thirty three and he’s probably just finishing up so just give me some peace,” I snapped.

Jongin stared at me once before pulling me into his arms and muttering a quiet apology. I just smiled, snuggling into his side and enjoying the quiet.

"But what if Tae?” He asked in a whisper after a long pause of silence. I huffed before sitting up and turning towards him; placing a kiss on his lips.

“He’ll be fine Jongie.” At that moment, a smiling Kyungsoo exited the restaurant with an equally happy man, hands interlocked as they made their way towards us.

 “I told you,” I nudged Jongin in the ribs before we stood and smiled widely at the people in front of us.

“Tae, Jongin, this is Jongdae hyung,” Kyungsoo introduced us to his date. Surprisingly, Jongdae shook our hands warmly, a smile of pure happiness spread across his features.

“Thank you for helping Kyungsoo,” he said as he pulled the smaller male to his side. Jongin mirrored the image, pulling me to his side before humming.

“It was fun, don’t worry,” I smiled, feeling very proud of the human male in front of me. He looked completely different from earlier, happy rather than scared stiff. “Are you coming with us ...or?”

“No, I’ll take him home,” Jongdae smiled and we bid each other farewell, watching as they disappeared round the corner hand in hand.

_____________________________________________________

“Ooof,” lifting my head, I looked over to Jongin to see Eve curling up in a ball on his chest, the puppy had gained the bad habit of jumping onto my boyfriends chest just as we were about to go to sleep. She was curled in a small, crescent shape with her eyes closed and paws resting on Jongin’s chest, her body vibrating in content as she drifted to sleep.

“Today was good,” I commented calmly as I lay in Jongin’s arms and looked up at the ceiling. I was tracing the pattern with my eyes, following along the lines as my brain whizzed through thoughts on the day.

“It was but I can’t help feeling slightly empty now it’s over,” Jongin sighed, his chest shifting with the release of air.

“Like a child,” I chuckled when he nodded. It all went silent for a second as I placed a hand over Eve and down her small back.

“Mmmmm,” Jongin smiled as he closed his eyes. Placing a small kiss on my forehead, he snuggled further into the pillow behind him and whispered ‘I love you’. I whispered right back, no hesitation, before drifting into my own dreamlan