Cheater (Part 2)

Meeting the Ex

Hi .... 

I was going to make you wait another few days but I felt too mean and I thought you would be like Onew *hides*

Please comment and tell me what you think - and thank you to those who are regular commenters ^^

Sophie :)

______________________________

“Ok and we’ll go the shop now ‘cause I think something is wrong, the staff said there was anyway. You need to get out the house,” Key demanded as he shoved noodles into his mouth. For a self-proclaimed diva, he sure was a messy eater. I just hummed in response before placing my half finished meal into the sink and heading up to the bathroom.

Once in there, I dared myself to look in the mirror. My pyjamas hung of my receding waist line as though there was only a skeleton there holding them up and the bags under my eyes made me look as pale as a ghost. I had a huge spot on the end of my nose and my eyes were red and puffy from crying. My hair was a mess and over all, I looked like death. Before I could even make a stand, Key dragged me into the bedroom and shoved me into a chair. Many tools I didn’t even know the name of were used in a number of ways to make me presentable and before I know it, I was in front of the mirror again.

Only, this time I looked fine. I had a healthy glow that radiated around the room. My hair was styled (think ‘Dream Girl’ video) and was healthy for a change with earrings placed in my piercings I had done ages ago. My eyes weren’t puffy or red and the sleep bags had completely disappeared a long with the spot that once stood proud on the end of my nose and a thin line of eyeliner to make them pop. My clothes now accentuated my curves in the form of skinny jeans and a long sleeve jumper with studs on the shoulders and a matching band around my wrist.

“What do you think?” Key asked as he joined me in the bathroom, all made up himself. I smiled in his direction before thanking him and lifting a finger to prod at my face.

“I look so different hyung, thanks,” I said; amazed.

“Ok, let’s go.”

Jongin hadn’t made another attempt to contact me after the phone call on the day I found out he had been cheating on me. Key and many others, even Luhan and Sehun, had begged me to go and speak to him but I wouldn’t have any of it. I had made that mistake one too many times and now my heart and mind were paying the price. I felt like I couldn’t trust anyone or anything as I walked from the car to Key’s shop in the dark.

“Go in the front, I just need to go and check something around the back,” Key said airily as he danced around the side of the shop. I nodded once in his direction before walking up to the glass door and rattling the key in the lock. It didn’t budge for a moment before I heard a click and it swung open, caught in a gust of wind. Shaking it off, I ripped the lock from the hole and moved inside, feeling along the wall for the light switch. As soon as I switched it on, a shock hit me. There standing around a table with a cake on was Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kris, Onew, Kyungsoo, Key and Jonghyun as well as some friends from when I was at school. My eyes finally landed on Minho who was at the back, watching with wide eyes. Anger pulsed through me as Kyungsoo and Minho both stared at me. I hated them so why were they here?

“Come on Taemin,” Key beckoned me forward. Shaking my head, I stood, rooted to the ground as I watched them all with suspicion. What was going on?

“You have to Taemin,” Luhan said. I looked at them all again before slowly walking towards the table and taking in the decoration. There, in the middle, was a cake iced in chocolate and one rose. On the cake it read ‘See you at the park.’ I frowned before looking at Luhan for a clue.

“Go,” he said simply before I nodded and headed out of the shop, wanting to know what was at the other end. I wasn’t aware, however, of the others following behind me. The park was large and I didn’t know where to go. I strolled through the main area, only guided by instinct as I traipsed along the asphalt in no particular direction. It was only when I saw a blob of light coming from an area of the trees that something clicked inside. Letting my curiosity get the better of me, I walked towards the little dent in the bushes and slipped through, my heart stopping when I noticed what was inside.

There, standing with his back to me was Jongin next to a table with what looked like another cake on. He looked stressed and it took him a second to notice me. Before I could turn away, his cold hands wrapped around my wrist and he pulled me forward into the centre of the lights.

I suddenly remembered where we were. This was where we had met often when I first saw him at the bar. This was where we came for a celebratory picnic after the trip to Busan where we confessed and this is where we spent free time at home together.

“Tae, please listen to me,” he spoke shakily as he stood in front of me. I couldn’t feel an ounce of heat coming off him and wondered how long he had been standing there. I heard him in a deep breath before he continued.

“Lee Taemin. I know you have not heard from me for a week or so but I have a reason for that. I want you to know that what you saw in the company that day was not what your brain told you it was. No, it was far from it. I enlisted Kyungsoo to help me with this and we were having regular meetings so I could make this perfect,” he paused and laughed, “but that didn’t happen. Instead of how I planned it to be, here we are, in a park with lights around us, with you mad at me and me nearly crying.” Jongin sniffed and wiped a tear away from my cheek that I hadn’t realised was there. “So please, Lee Taemin, promise me that this will never happen again. Promise me that we won’t fight and that we will love each other forever because,” I held my breath as he sunk onto one knee and pulled a box from his pock. My tears by now were flowing freely down my face as I anticipated what he was going to say next. “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t live a day without you by my side. Will you marry me?”

Silence… I couldn’t register what had happened. I stood there for a moment like a goldfish as I opened and closed my mouth; wanting to tell him ‘yes’. It was the disappointment on Jongin’s face that pulled me from my floundering and soon I was in his arms.

“Yes, yes, a hundred time YES,” I shouted as I kissed him all over his face, missing his hold as I pulled him to his feet. Slowly, he slipped the ring onto my finger, showing me a matching one he had already before turning me round to face the audience. Camera flashes soon blinded me but I didn’t care. I was so happy.

“Yay! My baby is engaged,” Key screeched as he scooped me up into his arms. Jongin was still latched around my waist but I didn’t mind. It was nice to be held by two people that I loved. “Jjong he’s engaged!”

The rest of the night was spent eating cake and talking to all my friends. I was consoled and congratulated throughout the time and I wouldn’t have wanted to be proposed to anywhere else.

“Congratulations,” I looked up from my cake to see Minho smiling at me. It wasn’t a snarky grimace or a smirk but a genuine smile and for once, I saw him in a different light.

“Thank you,” I smiled back as I pulled him closer for a hug. Neither of us said anything as we stood there and enjoyed each other’s company.

“It’s good to see you happy again,” Minho laughed as he kissed me on the forehead. I nodded once before standing on my tippy toes and planting a kiss on his cheek.

“And I hope you will be this happy one day. Thank you,” I squeezed him one last time before looking around for Jongin.

___________________________________

“Ahhh,” Jongin sighed as we lay in bed later that night. I was finally warm and snuggled in his arms once again with a grin plastered across my face.

“You sound happy,” I laughed as he planted his face into my hair.

“Why shouldn’t I be? I’m engaged to the most beautiful and perfect person I know,” I snorted at the cheesy vomit that came out of his mouth but appreciated it anyway.

“You know I’m still mad,” I pouted before playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

“I know and you have every right to be but, just for tonight be happy my love,” he kissed me on the lips and I couldn’t help but kiss him back.

“Anything for you,” I smiled before curling up and drifting to sleep.

“I love you Tae.”

“Love you to baby.”