Kimchi Spaghetti (Holiday)

Meeting the Ex

And I present you with another chapter of the adventure to Busan!

Enjoys!

Sophie :)

_______________________________

“Jesus Jongin. We don’t need this much crap,” I scowled as I looked into the shopping basket. I looked down to see crisps and chocolate b out of the bag with nothing much else. “What would your mother say?”

“My mother would put it back and fill the basket with vegetables but she’s not here,” Jongin stuck out his tongue as he put a pack of instant raymen into the bag. However, I quickly removed the packet and wandered off to find some vegetables and the other bits I needed to make kimchi spaghetti. I couldn’t remember how I had got the recipe but I knew it was one of my favourite meals.

“Taemin!” I was pulled from my line of thought when Jongin’s head popped around the end of the aisle. “What are you doing?”

“Buying proper food,” I replied as I pushed past him and headed for the tills. Jongin trailed behind me as we paid and made our way out of the shop. The warm summer air hit us as the automatic doors opened to make way for us; Jongin pretending he had magical powers and he could control the doors as usual.

______________________________

“What you making?” I was surprised when two arms slipped around my waist and a head planted itself on my shoulder.

“A little something,” I smiled as I stirred the pasta.

“Wait is that …” Jongin’s voice dropped as he in a deep breath.

“It’s kimchi spaghetti,” I smiled. It quickly turned to a frown though when my heat source detached itself from my back.

“I’ll be in my room.” I turned just in time to see Jongin slink out of the room like he had been scolded. I wanted to chase after him but I had to make sure the dinner wasn’t burnt. While I stirred, I tried to work out what was wrong with Jongin. Why, at the mention of kimchi spaghetti, did he go so quiet? Was it something I did?

_______________________________

Dinner was … interesting. Jongin spent the whole time just twirling the pasta on his chopsticks as Luhan and Sehun guzzled down the rest of what I had cooked. In the end though, Jongin’s approval was all I needed and it hurt me to see him staring blankly at the plate and not eating at all.

“Thanks Tae. That was the be~” Luhan was cut off by a glare from Jongin, “second best kimchi spaghetti I have ever tasted.”

“You’re welcome. Everyone done?” I asked as I cleaned away some of the plates. Jongin looked up at me with innocent eye but two could play at that game. I was hurt he didn’t speak once through dinner and didn’t eat any of the meal I tried so hard to make amazing for him. Instead of looking at him, I simply took the plate and headed into the kitchen.

“I’ll help you Taemin hyung,” I glanced to my left to see Sehun grabbing a tea towel as he started to wipe the excess bubbles off of the plates. I had gathered that Jongin had gone back to his room in a state as there was no boy hanging off of me.

“Is Jongin ok?” I asked after an awkward silence settled over the two of us.

“Um … yeah?” It sounded more like a question. I sent a sideways glance at the boy before his façade broke and he sighed loudly. “Well … no. His old boyfriend that he was completely infatuated with used to make a mean kimchi spaghetti. I guess it reminded him off Kyungsoo.”

“That was his name? Kyungsoo?” I asked as I the information added the pieces together.

“Yeah. It devastated him when Kyungsoo announced that he wanted them to break up. It was a sticky subject for a while as you can imagine,” Sehun stated matter-of-factly as he placed the last plate in the cupboard. I let the water drain from the sink before washing the last of the bubbles away.

“But it doesn’t mean he should mope about does it?” I snorted as I turned to speak to Sehun; only to see a teary Jongin standing in the doorway.

“Well, hyung, at least I didn’t drown myself in alcohol,” his face crumpled before he took off again. Guilt crashed over me as I watched his back disappear into our bedroom

. “Um … Taemin hyung. Kyungsoo broke up with Jongin about a month before he met you in the bar and when he found out he couldn’t go to the university, he hit rock bottom. You ‘saved’ him. Go on,” Sehun said quietly before shooing me towards the door. I stood there, gaping like a fish, before everything came back to me and I was required to go and find the crying boy.

_______________________________

“Jongin-ah?” I asked as I slipped into the room. The curtains were drawn and there was a lump in the bed covers that spread across the bed. I hesitantly moved slowly towards the soft, plush bed and moved to sit on the edge. The lump squirmed slowly and then stilled as my hand landed on his stomach on top of the covers.

“Please? Jongin-ah look at me,” I sighed as I peeled back the covers. A head of brown hair appeared along with a tear-stained face. Jongin looked at me as though he was too tired to say anything against me.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. “I didn’t know.”

“It’s okay hyung,” Jongin sniffed as he nuzzled his head into the side of my neck.

“You should have told me. I wouldn’t have made kimchi spaghetti, in fact, I won’t attempt to make it again,” I shrugged as I ran a hand through his soft locks.

“No, the bit I had was delicious. It just bought back … bad memories.”

“It’s ok; I’m not mad. Please don’t be mad at me,” I begged as I shifted to lie next to him so that our faces were at a close proximity.

“I’m not mad hyungie,” he smiled before curling up next to me.

“Good,” I muttered before I relaxed and let Jongin further into my grip.

“Hyung?” Jongin’s voice broke the silence that had settled upon us.

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”