Christmas Special

Meeting the Ex

Hello ... uh ... it's been a while?

Sorry, I've been super-uper busy with Christmas around the corner but I wanted to at least write something for you all as a little present.

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of their time together.

Sophie :)

_________________________________________

Snowflakes were falling from the sky, calm and peaceful, as the people around hurried and scurried everywhere as though it was the end of the world. I was one of those people, almost running through the streets as I shopped; only stopping to enter the coffee shop. The bell jingled as I entered the shop, the warmth wrapping around me like a blanket as I stamped my feet on the mat to get rid of any extra snow before waddling under the weight of the shopping bags to the counter.

“Hello what can I – oh Taemin hey!” I smiled widely as I was greeted by Kyuhyun, a family friend.

“Hey hyung, uh … hot chocolate please,” I chirped which earned me a ruffle of the hair and extra whipped cream.

“It will be with you soon,” I nodded but stood there a little puzzled.

“Hyung, I need to_”

“On the house,” he winked before shooing me and welcoming the next customer with a smile. I shook my head as I traipsed through the almost full shop and ended up crammed in the corner with my bags around me. I smiled as I looked around at all the people and the decorations, the smell of eggnog wafting to my nose.

Suddenly I remembered this was where I had seen Minho. Where I had decided that Jonginnie was the best person for me and that Minho wasn’t. Memories of all the times we had spent together suddenly came flashing back to me. All the happy times and the sad times, like when I thought Jongin was cheating on me and it turned out he was planning his proposal. Or the time we went on holiday with the Ohs, Sehun had finally popped the question just days after Jongin did to me, and we became an item or even when I found out Jongin was going to the dance college he had always dreamed of.

“Hey hyung,” speak of the devil. I looked up to see Jongin greet Kyuhyun as he made his way through the crowd with a very happy Eve pulling on the lead. I laughed when she decided to try and worm her way through the bags and jump into my lap, Jongin cursing when he nearly spilt some of his drink.

“Hey Jongin-ah, Eve,” I smiled as my dog. Jongin kissed me on the cheek before falling into the only spare chair and looking at all the bags. His eyes bugged out as he counted the number of bags and then took in the brands that were littering the area; Gucci ect.

“Tae … who’s this for?” he asked as he lifted a black Gucci bag from the pile.

“Oh ..uh Tao!”

“Gucci though?”

“Yeah, he wanted the sunglasses and I wanted to get them for him,” I shrugged nonchalantly and he laughed. I was thankful we weren’t poor as I eyed everything I had bought for everyone. Eve was happy, still a small puppy, curled up on my lap with her head resting on my knees as she watched her Dad drink his drink. I smiled at him, slowly her hair and wondering if I looked like those James Bond villains.

“So, are we seeing your family this year?” Jongin asked. I just scoffed at his stupid question, I wasn’t speaking to my parents after I had told them the news about Jongin and me.

“No, you?” I asked. Jongin nodded before reaching over the table and taking my hand in his.

“You’ll come with me?” he asked. I nodded, like him, before sighing. Why wasn’t life simple?

“Let’s not go there, it’s nearly Christmas,” sighing, I chugged the rest if my drink and smiled brightly at Jongin. He did the same and we were soon heading home, hand in hand under a pile of bags with a very excitable dog.

_______________________________________________

“Go, go Eve!” I shouted as she ripped the paper off her bone present and barked loudly. A warm feeling spread through me as I watched my little girl chew on the toy with a satisfied smirk across her features. She settled under the tree, guarding the rest of the presents from us as she munched away happily with no cares in the world.

“It seems as though she’s happy,” Jongin commented before he opened one of the various presents that were for him. I smiled as his eyes lit up like a child in a candy store. It was so cute how a grin spread across his face and soon the rest of the paper was torn away to reveal the toy helicopter he had wanted for a while now.

“Ahhh so cool,” he shouted as he emptied the box, stopping when he realised he had to build the helicopter and wouldn’t be able to play with it for a while. A pout formed and I couldn’t stop myself from laughing as I watched him pick up one of the clear bag, look at all the screws and then drop it in distaste.

Not cool Tae,” he said before pulling me to his side and placing a big, sloppy, wet kiss on my temple. I laughed, pushing away from him before running to the kitchen for safety.

________________________________________________

“Jongin?” My voice travelled through the darkness, louder than I expected. I knew my fiancée wasn’t asleep from his irregular breathing pattern and the way his thumb with rub my hip slightly every now and then.

“Mmmmm?” That didn’t mean he wasn’t sleepy though. I smiled to myself, thanking everything that I was blessed with my man and my little girl, who was currently curled up on the end of the bed fast asleep. I was thankful that, even though it was unfortunate circumstances that brought us together, we were both happy and in love.

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

“Merry Christmas.”